PDA

View Full Version : When kids don't wanna eat - A somewhat controversial viral tweet

BestSportsEntertainer
06-22-2019, 06:06 AM
https://twitter.com/rudyhernandez_/status/1141521191913443328

90% of people don't think this is a big deal, but I can't see this as anything besides threatening violence to a 2 year old. The parents are just joking, but considering how scared the child looks, he doesn't seem to realize it. Maybe the child wasn't hungry, and you're forcing him to eat? Surely there are better ways to handle the situation.

SSJPhenom
06-22-2019, 07:02 AM
Idk what to say about this one. I was going to post a rant about how people now a days are too soft and super sensitive. That if you give people on the internet an iota of something to complain/bitch about/be offended over then they will. I was going to speak on my childhood. About how if I didn't eat when it was time to eat then I went without. Same if I didn't want to eat what my parents had prepared for dinner. I was going to suggest that I was raised by parents who'd punish me with a whipping using their hand, a switch, or a belt. I was never abused. I always understood why I was being punished and what I had done wrong. Today, however, that's considered child abuse and apparently, so is this.

What I'm really saying in this post is that Idk what to say. No matter what I say someone is going to be offended and outraged or feign offense and outrage at the very least. That really depresses me when I think about the future generations growing up in our world. Pretty soon it's going to be offensive to say hi to someone because they're afraid of heights or because they once were drug addicts and the word hi reminds them of getting high or because hi has an h in it. Idk anymore. All I know is our kids aren't growing up learning how to fix their own problems anymore to make them go away. They're learning how to complain about them and offended by them to make them go away. I digress, though. Moral is, a video was posted and it was meant to be funny and not too long ago it would've been. People, however, are offended.

BTW, BSE, I'm not speaking directly about you, although you're clearly offended. I read the numerous Twitter responses that called this child abuse and psychological abuse.

Spidey
06-22-2019, 09:41 AM
Seems like a video made specifically to enrage those offended by mock abuse as well as the "back in my day" crowd.

Yaz
06-22-2019, 11:59 AM
The whole "we ate what was put in front of us and we liked it" routine is bullshit. Don't force things on your child they don't like. If a kid doesn't like the way something tastes, try being creative with it before giving up.

That said, we live in an era of 24/7 news so often times stuff gets reported/talked about to fill that time. And often times, we push real issues aside because real issues can't be summed up in Tweets and thirty second talking points.