klunderbunker
06-24-2019, 06:08 PM
And here's Corbin!

#AbsoluteUnit
06-24-2019, 06:10 PM
KB's favorite!

#AbsoluteUnit
06-24-2019, 06:15 PM
Wait how are The New Day - Bryan/Rowan's top challengers (on SD)? They lost last night though.

Sufferin' Succotash
06-24-2019, 06:16 PM
I don't understand why Bryan is doing nothing in a tag team when there's hardly any genuine main event people around.

Fire Marshall Bill
06-24-2019, 06:19 PM
I don't understand why Bryan is doing nothing in a tag team when there's hardly any genuine main event people around.

Could be injury fears. Could be him saying heâ??s done when his contract is done.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-24-2019, 06:23 PM
Not a lot of energy here tonight.

BaconBits
06-24-2019, 06:26 PM

He lost the feud with Kofi, so he needed something new to do.

klunderbunker
06-24-2019, 06:29 PM
So that's how they get around the "no wrestling during the break" rule.

BaconBits
06-24-2019, 06:37 PM
The fact that they keep doing these strength exercises with Braun and Bobby are stupid. It’s well known that Braun has strongman level strength. That’s on a whole different level from bodybuilding strength. It goes a little to far out of kayfabe.

Sufferin' Succotash
06-24-2019, 06:38 PM
That Abigail(?) doll was behind Miz. Spooky.

Fire Marshall Bill
06-24-2019, 06:43 PM
The fact that they keep doing these strength exercises with Braun and Bobby are stupid. It’s well known that Braun has strongman level strength. That’s on a whole different level from bodybuilding strength. It goes a little to far out of kayfabe.

As long as they donâ??t overdo it, I donâ??t see a problem. Last time they really did it was Mark Henryâ??s hall of pain run vs. Ryback. Itâ??s sports entertainment. Theyâ??re always going to have goofy segments.

klunderbunker
06-24-2019, 06:46 PM
The fact that they keep doing these strength exercises with Braun and Bobby are stupid. Itâ??s well known that Braun has strongman level strength. Thatâ??s on a whole different level from bodybuilding strength. It goes a little to far out of kayfabe.

Yep. But why use logic when you can use the same stuff over and over?

BaconBits
06-24-2019, 06:47 PM
As long as they don’t overdo it, I don’t see a problem. Last time they really did it was Mark Henry’s hall of pain run vs. Ryback. It’s sports entertainment. They’re always going to have goofy segments.

I really didn’t like it with Mark Henry either. Dude is legit in the top 1% of the strongest men in history.

Sufferin' Succotash
06-24-2019, 06:50 PM
Imagine if this super ultra amazing roster had even half the charisma of Truth.

klunderbunker
06-24-2019, 06:53 PM
The GM of a show people.

klunderbunker
06-24-2019, 06:54 PM
I really didn’t like it with Mark Henry either. Dude is legit in the top 1% of the strongest men in history.

A powerlifting magazine named him the third strongest human of all time.

klunderbunker
06-24-2019, 06:55 PM

Or the freedom to come up with some of this stuff.

BaconBits
06-24-2019, 06:55 PM

In-ring talent is a very small part of being a successful professional wrestler. The sooner everybody realizes that, the more successful they will be.

Spidey
06-24-2019, 06:56 PM
Mick gave us a gift and we spat in his face.

BaconBits
06-24-2019, 06:59 PM
A powerlifting magazine named him the third strongest human of all time.

He was always injured for the biggest competitions. But when youâ??re moving as much weight as he did, injuries are pretty common. The fact that he entered the Arnold strongman for the lulz and won it, despite never actually training strongman is absolutely insane.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-24-2019, 07:00 PM
Baron really makes me want to watch him wrestle.

klunderbunker
06-24-2019, 07:00 PM
Another three weeks of listening to these people. Great.

klunderbunker
06-24-2019, 07:01 PM
He was always injured for the biggest competitions. But when you’re moving as much weight as he did, injuries are pretty common. The fact that he entered the Arnold strongman for the lulz and won it, despite never actually training strongman is absolutely insane.

Yep. The documentary WWE did on him was really good and made me respect him a lot more.

BaconBits
06-24-2019, 07:02 PM
This power couple shit is all leading to something with Trips/Steph at SummerSlam.

klunderbunker
06-24-2019, 07:02 PM
This power couple shit is all leading to something with Trips/Steph at SummerSlam.

.....don't say that.

BaconBits
06-24-2019, 07:05 PM
.....don't say that.

I’d be okay with it, actually. You know Trips is gonna be on the card, I’d be totally okay it’s it if it’s in a mixed tag match instead of something that is actually important.

klunderbunker
06-24-2019, 07:06 PM
I’d be okay with it, actually. You know Trips is gonna be on the card, I’d be totally okay it’s it if it’s in a mixed tag match instead of something that is actually important.

I sat through Rollins vs. HHH live at Wrestlemania. I can't do that again.

BaconBits
06-24-2019, 07:08 PM
I sat through Rollins vs. HHH live at Wrestlemania. I can't do that again.

I’m thinking it would be against Corbin and Lacey, giving the rub to his NXT kids.

BaconBits
06-24-2019, 07:09 PM
Taker hopped on the bike, lol.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-24-2019, 07:10 PM
that was cool, no lie.

BaconBits
06-24-2019, 07:44 PM
Ricochet is one of them dudes who has been hurt in a big way by the indies not putting any emphasis on promos.

klunderbunker
06-24-2019, 07:49 PM
Ricochet is one of them dudes who has been hurt in a big way by the indies not putting any emphasis on promos.

Yeah he's not very good. The Prince Puma idea was a great move for him in Lucha Underground.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-24-2019, 08:02 PM
sami should have been a champion by now since debuting in 2016.

Fire Marshall Bill
06-24-2019, 08:13 PM
sami should have been a champion by now since debuting in 2016.

He did miss a large chunk of time.

klunderbunker
I could go for this.

BaconBits
This feels like Brock is coming.

klunderbunker
06-24-2019, 09:30 PM
Monday Night Raw
Date: June 24, 2019
Commentators: Michael Cole, Renee Young, Corey Graves

It’s the night after Stomping Grounds and given how things are looking at the moment, I’m not sure how much that’s going to change the direction we’re going. Extreme Rules is in less than three weeks and there is a strong chance that we’re looking either at rematches or matches that are so similar you won’t notice much of a difference. Let’s get to it.

Working Some Doubles (http://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2019/06/24/monday-night-raw-june-24-2019-working-some-doubles/)

Spidey
06-24-2019, 09:35 PM
One of the better Raws in recent memory. Truth, Taker, Wyatt's puppet cameos where the commentary didn't remind us eighteen times (they didn't at all, A+). Styles vs. Ricochet. Lot to love in this one. 4 out of 5 Spidey Skulls.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
06-24-2019, 10:12 PM
But that mixed tag match, that just spoils the main event scene even longer to me. 3.96 Fried Balogna slices out of 5.4 for me. Minus 0.5 points for the bright church attire Renee Young and Cory Graves decided to wear tonight. Take those points and devide them by 6 and add 2.2 points for A.J vs Ricochet. Hope they feud .

Spidey
06-24-2019, 10:15 PM
I am taking 0.96 Fried Bologna slices from you on principle.

Jack-Hammer
06-25-2019, 11:47 AM
Pretty good show last night. Maybe it's just me but there seemed to be...I dunno...like maybe a common goal that was actually being strived for? For instance, while most of the matches weren't anything to write home about, everything did look like it was advancing current storylines or beginning new ones. We haven't gotten a lot of that on Raw in quite a while. Seeing Taker was a nice surprise and if both he and WWE insist on him working matches, tag team bouts are probably the way to go. Unfortunately, Shane probably isn't going anywhere anytime soon as I've read rumors that they'll be carrying his feud with Roman all the way to SummerSlam.

I can't say I'm thrilled with the idea of Corbin and Evans continuing to feud with Rollins and Lynch but the stipulation of their mixed tag match for ER does give me a little something to look forward to. If the heels lose, they're both out of the title picture. Lacey has done okay, all things considered, and I'm glad they haven't rushed to put the title on her. Corbin just sucks the life out of the room and it's long past to get him out of such a prominent spot. There's always the possibility of the heels winning at ER, thereby becoming champions, but I don't see that happening. I don't see a need for the match but I'm feeling confident that it'll put Corbin especially out of the main event spot for a while as I see both Rollins and Becky having pretty decently long runs as champs.

Seeing as how the Revival got Bryan & Rowan eliminated last night, on purpose, I'm wondering if we just saw the next step towards unifying the tag titles.

Ricochet vs. AJ Styles was a lot of fun for the time they were given, I'm just not crazy about the ending. Once again, we have another non-title match where the champion loses his first match after becoming champion, only 24 hours in this case, and it didn't seem at all necessary. While I don't think this is a bad sign for Ricochet, I'd have rather he won this bout and it was used in furtherance of whatever is going on with Styles, Anderson and Gallows. Speaking of which, it's ironic that WWE now looks to be doing something somewhat relevant with them, such as reforming their alliance with AJ Styles, when they're allegedly only months away from leaving due to being used like crap for the last 3 years or so. Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're the dynamic dream team that New Japan fans marked out for, I haven't seen that level of greatness at all even after watching some of their New Japan matches, but they're a good, solid team who could have been utilized much better.

All the stuff with the 24/7 Championship continues to be fun. They're not trying to make it into a bigger deal or title than it is and that works to its benefit. It's not a serious title, don't try to treat it as though it is and give everyone a few harmless laughs.

There was a lot of stuff on Raw last night, but most of it actually had a purpose for being on. It was also one of the most focused shows we've seen out of Raw in quite a spell. The last several shows have been better than what's become the norm for Raw, they still have quite a bit of work to do but, as for now, things are looking up. I give last night's show a B=.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
06-25-2019, 01:31 PM
Oh I forgot, add 1.6 points for the mysterious Bray puppets watching random wrestlers. If my math is correct, we're sitting at a higher number out of 5.4 now.