PDA

View Full Version : Raw - July 15, 2019

BestSportsEntertainer
07-15-2019, 04:25 PM
It's early, but this is the most excited I've been about Raw in quite some time. Tonight we get the fallout of Extreme Rules!

-- New Universal Champion Brock Lesnar will be on the show tonight.

-- There will be a "Cross Brand All-Star Battle Royal" to determine who faces Brock Lesnar for the title at SummerSlam. The announced participant are Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Baron Corbin, Cesaro, Braun Strowman, Bobby Lashley, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Big E, and Sami Zayn (who replaced Daniel Bryan for an unknown reason).

-- There's a fatal 4-way elimination match between Natalya, Alexa Bliss, Naomi, and Carmella. The winner challenges Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch at SummerSlam.

-- What's next for WWE Champion Kofi Kingston after defeating Samoa Joe? How will Ricochet respond to the Club costing him his US Championship? Is Bobby Lashley dead? Will we get more close up ass shots of Lacey Evans? All that and more on Raw!

Storm Trooper
07-15-2019, 06:48 PM
This no action during commercials is the best thing ever. I had to use the restroom twice during the show and knew when a good time to go was because of commercials.

Thank you Vince.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-15-2019, 06:55 PM
^See guys! Vince gives us what we want!!

Storm Trooper
07-15-2019, 06:59 PM
This no action during commercials is the best thing ever. I had to use the restroom twice during the show and knew when a good time to go was because of commercials.

Thank you Vince.

I forgot to mention I'm in the arena so it isn't like I can just press pause or anything.

Fire Marshall Bill
07-15-2019, 07:02 PM
So Iâ??m a little behind, but why the fuck did McIntyre just lose to Cedric Alexander?

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-15-2019, 07:07 PM
Scary Wyatt!!

Fire Marshall Bill
07-15-2019, 07:08 PM
About time Wyatt did something.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-15-2019, 07:17 PM
So I’m a little behind, but why the fuck did McIntyre just lose to Cedric Alexander?

I'm also behind, so why did this happen?

BestSportsEntertainer
07-15-2019, 07:26 PM
Also poor Mike Kanelis out here getting squashed by Zack Ryder lol

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-15-2019, 07:41 PM
I wonder what the stats are, Baron Corbin is in another main event tonight. He has to be up there for most main events since WM.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-15-2019, 07:48 PM
I wonder what the stats are, Baron Corbin is in another main event tonight. He has to be up there for most main events since WM.

I was curious and looked it up. Corbin is tied for third most. Two matches (Joe vs Mysterio and Cesaro vs Ricochet) didn't technically "main event" but they were the last match. This doesn't include the Battle Royal tonight.

6 - Rollins

4 - Styles

3 - Corbin, Kofi, Ricochet

2 - Bryan, Cesaro, Lashley, McIntyre, Reigns, Zayn

1 - Cedric, Joe, Mysterio, Owens, Shane, Sheamus, Strowman

Fire Marshall Bill
07-15-2019, 07:54 PM
So theyâ??re just going to lay there during the commercial?

#AbsoluteUnit
07-15-2019, 08:04 PM
This match has zero heat

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-15-2019, 08:08 PM
This is awful chants. It really is, botch filled crap fest.

klunderbunker
07-15-2019, 08:10 PM
I'm dying to see what the story is here. There has to be a reason why these women were left out here to die like this.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-15-2019, 08:11 PM
Becky vs Natalya? Meh

BestSportsEntertainer
07-15-2019, 08:15 PM
Goodbye PG Era

Fire Marshall Bill
07-15-2019, 08:15 PM
Becky vs Natalya? Meh

You know how they love to have the hometown people lose.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-15-2019, 08:16 PM
Nattie's best promo in years.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-15-2019, 08:20 PM
Natalya wouldn't be that bad if they actually built her up a little. They only focus on the women in the title scene.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-15-2019, 08:23 PM
Unpopular opinion, but I'm fine with Ziggler in the mid-card.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-15-2019, 08:36 PM
If Baron Corbin wins I'm calling in sick to work tomorrow, mainly because my chest will be too sore from laughing all night.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-15-2019, 08:38 PM
If Baron Corbin wins I'm calling in sick to work tomorrow, mainly because my chest will be too sore from laughing all night.

Make it a triple threat with Shane. If it's going to be bad, make it REALLY bad.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-15-2019, 08:40 PM
Man, Big E vs Brock Lesnar at Summerslam. Book it!

BestSportsEntertainer
07-15-2019, 08:43 PM
I'll take anyone not named Corbin, Lashley, and Reigns.

I like Reigns, but we've seen Lesnar vs Reigns enough for the next 3 lifetimes.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-15-2019, 08:45 PM
"Oh my God, the WWE Champion is on Raw"

I love how this is surprising

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-15-2019, 08:45 PM
So through these commercials....Brocks music will go on while they all stand there staring. Creeping out the crowds.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-15-2019, 08:49 PM
I'll go with Braun.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-15-2019, 08:58 PM
MEH. I don't care to see Seth vs Brock again.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-15-2019, 09:00 PM
They needed a 10-man battle royal to determine the #1 contender for the Universal Championship just for Seth to win?

Why didn't Seth just invoke his rematch clause?

BestSportsEntertainer
07-15-2019, 09:02 PM

This fills more TV time

#AbsoluteUnit
07-15-2019, 09:04 PM
This fills more TV time

I get it, you're not wrong. But it's a waste of time regardless.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-15-2019, 09:20 PM
I find it ridiculous when people say Rollins is boring. Every WWE face is boring because they're not allowed to be themselves.

klunderbunker
07-15-2019, 09:20 PM
They needed a 10-man battle royal to determine the #1 contender for the Universal Championship just for Seth to win?

They got rid of those a few months back.

klunderbunker
07-15-2019, 09:21 PM
Monday Night Raw
Date: July 15, 2019
Location: Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Uniondale, New York
Commentators: Michael Cole, Renee Young, Corey Graves

It’s time for the new era as Paul Heyman is in charge starting with this week and as luck would have it, we’re less than four weeks away from Summerslam. Tonight we’re going to find out who will be challenging Becky Lynch and Brock Lesnar at the pay per view, which should tell you where things are going. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

It's Over 200x Longer (http://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2019/07/15/monday-night-raw-july-15-2019-its-over-200x-longer/)

Storm Trooper
07-16-2019, 01:34 AM
That womens match was shit live. Glad to see it was bad on TV too.

In all honesty, this no action during the breaks wasn't that bad. I think the Womens match had minor shit go down (chasing people around the ring and such), and Nikki Cross grabbed a mic at one point (don't know if that was on TV or not haven't watched back yet).

They could explain away a bunch of it easier. Styles could have refused the DQ and wanted to destroy the LHP. Also they can have 2 out of 3 falls just be sweeps more often instead of 2 quick falls, a break, and a 3rd fall. But in the arena you have a better idea as to when you have time to get out of your seat, so I didn't mind in the least, especially since it was 50+ stairs from my seats to the concourse. I never missed action and got out of my seat 3 times.

I don't know why people don't like the Cedric Alexander result. People were pissed he wasn't being used. He inserts himself into a storyline and gets his first official match as a RAW Superstar. Catching a guy in a surprise roll-up is not at all burying the guy who got pinned, he just got caught and a fluky win helps the winner without hurting the loser. No one thinks that Cedric is better than Drew, he just got lucky.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-16-2019, 01:59 AM
I don't know why people don't like the Cedric Alexander result. People were pissed he wasn't being used. He inserts himself into a storyline and gets his first official match as a RAW Superstar. Catching a guy in a surprise roll-up is not at all burying the guy who got pinned, he just got caught and a fluky win helps the winner without hurting the loser. No one thinks that Cedric is better than Drew, he just got lucky.

IMO any sort of pinfall loss hurts a wrestler. Obviously a surprise roll up hurts a lot less, but it's still a loss. The win does nothing for Cedric either since it was a fluke. I didn't hate the segment, but I didn't see the point.