PDA

View Full Version : RAW: 7/29

Jack-Hammer
07-29-2019, 02:36 PM
A few things are on tap for this week's Raw:

A Samoan Summit is scheduled to take place between Roman Reigns and Samoa Joe, though I have no idea why really if the purpose of this is to continue their program. To my knowledge, Joe owns a single win over Reigns and that was a couple of years ago and Reigns defeated him last week.

A gauntlet match is scheduled for tonight's Raw to determine the new #1 contender for the United States Championship. The competitors will consist of Ricochet, Rey Mysterio, Sami Zayn, Andrade and Cesaro. This has the potential to be all kinds of fun if they're given a good amount of time and are allowed to leave it all in the ring.

A Raw Tag Team Championship threeway bout is scheduled with the Revival taking on the Usos and Gallows & Anderson. With SummerSlam just a few weeks off, it seems unlikely there'll be a title change here but it could still happen; if so, it almost certainly won't be the Usos as it looks bad since rewarding someone with a championship run who only days ago was arrested for DUI, again, clearly sends the wrong message.

A non-title match between Raw Women's Champion Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss is on tap for tonight. Probably a tool primarily designed to move along Becky's program with Natalya with Nattie either costing Becky the match or beating her down.

The main event for tonight's show is a singles bout between Seth Rollins and Dolph Ziggler. Brock Lesnar is advertised locally in Little Rock, Arkansas as being on the show, so he might show up and then he might not. It'll be a decent enough match but pretty pointless all in all.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 04:50 PM
Dolph Ziggler in the main event and Reigns vs Joe continuing even though Reigns beat him clean in like 6 minutes?

...sure.

The gauntlet match should be very good if they give it time. I wouldn't mind if it goes over an hour.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-29-2019, 05:30 PM
Other than the Gauntlet match (That should be the main event) ...the rest sounds boring.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 06:04 PM
I’m gonna guess Drake’s wife has signed a contract if she’s working a match.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-29-2019, 06:06 PM
Probably.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 06:10 PM
Mike’s Vagina clapclapclap

#AbsoluteUnit
07-29-2019, 06:26 PM
That was cool.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 06:49 PM
Styles vs Ricochet should be great again, but after they scrapped the automatic rematch clause, I expected fewer rematches.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 06:50 PM
Get Ricochet a manager.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 06:57 PM
Please don't let that lead to a miscarriage angle.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-29-2019, 06:58 PM
That would be terrible.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 07:00 PM
Alexa and Nikki have been great together.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 07:02 PM
Alexa and Nikki have been great together.

I don’t want either one of them to turn. Just let em be friends long term.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 07:03 PM
There was a TNA joke in there somewhere with the empty arena.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-29-2019, 07:04 PM
Looking closely to see if one of them is drunk or not....

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 07:05 PM
Wonder if the Usos are eating the pin because another DUI.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 07:05 PM

They'll probably win the match.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-29-2019, 07:06 PM

Exactly my thought.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-29-2019, 07:09 PM
OC for the win.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 07:11 PM
Sad that the only team with any sort of personality are the ones constantly getting arrested.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 07:11 PM
I’m enjoying an icy cold beer while I watch these alcoholics lose.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-29-2019, 07:14 PM
RVD got caught with weed in his car and they ripped the WWE Title off of him. Samoan Uso drives drunk, twice the speed limit, gets a title shot.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-29-2019, 07:16 PM
Why cant it be triple threat in this situation? That's so stupid they have to wait for a lucky tag.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 07:22 PM
#EndViolence is trending on Twitter, so sorry guys. Gotta shut WWE down.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-29-2019, 07:27 PM
Man that over the top rope suplex was a broken neck waiting to happen

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 07:27 PM
Cole didn't say Uso Crazy! I'm cancelling the Network!

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 07:29 PM
I nominate "Why is your hair so wet?" for sign of the year.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-29-2019, 07:31 PM
Good for Gallows and Anderson.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 07:32 PM
I love how WWE doesn't care about wins, losses, or consistent booking and just puts the titles on whoever's threatening to go to AEW.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 07:35 PM
*Backstage meeting for Reigns vs Joe*

"How do we make this sound as least interesting as possible? Call it a Samoan Summit."

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 07:38 PM
I love how WWE doesn't care about wins, losses, or consistent booking and just puts the titles on whoever's threatening to go to AEW.

But they’re not threatening to leave. Latest reports are that they’ve signed new deals.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 07:39 PM
But they’re not threatening to leave. Latest reports are that they’ve signed new deals.

They re-signed because WWE promised to push them.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 07:41 PM
They re-signed because WWE promised to push them.

You have no idea if thatâ??s true or not. Quit believing all the bullshit Meltzer spouts.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 07:42 PM
You have no idea if that’s true or not. Quit believing all the bullshit Meltzer spouts.

Could be wrong, but I don't think it's a coincidence that they re-formed the Club and gave them the titles weeks after they re-signed after doing nothing with them for nearly a year.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 07:45 PM
Could be wrong, but I don't think it's a coincidence that they re-formed the Club and gave them the titles weeks after they re-signed after doing nothing with them for nearly a year.

Karl especially has been very complimentary of WWE the entire time. The pure conjecture from dirtsheet writers is just neckbeard fuel.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 07:46 PM
Karl especially has been very complimentary of WWE the entire time. The pure conjecture from dirtsheet writers is just neckbeard fuel.

They're not going to say anything publicly.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 07:52 PM
They're not going to say anything publicly.

So, again, back to pure speculation from the neckbeardy part of the internet.

Dirtsheets put out shit that their audiences want to hear. The faster you realize that, the better off you’ll be.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 07:56 PM
So, again, back to pure speculation from the neckbeardy part of the internet.

Dirtsheets put out shit that they’re audiences want to hear. The faster you realize that, the better off you’ll be.

I don't always believe the dirt sheets, but this story makes a lot of sense to me. Why push the Club now?

It's much more unbelievable that every WWE wrestler is 100% satisfied and has no interest in AEW.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 08:04 PM
I don't always believe the dirt sheets, but this story makes a lot of sense to me. Why push the Club now?

It's much more unbelievable that every WWE wrestler is 100% satisfied and has no interest in AEW.

Nobody said theyâ??re all happy. Iâ??m saying most of this conjecture is stupid, because the business of professional wrestling revolves around money. The WWE is very much still the best place to make good money consistently. AEW could very well fail due to a complete lack of star power and even less brand recognition. Then that gravy train goes away.

Artistic freedom means fuck all. It wonâ??t pay the mortgage. It wonâ??t put food on the table. It wonâ??t put your kids through college.

You have to look at this shit like an adult.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 08:15 PM
Nobody said they’re all happy. I’m saying most of this conjecture is stupid, because the business of professional wrestling revolves around money. The WWE is very much still the best place to make good money consistently. AEW could very well fail due to a complete lack of star power and even less brand recognition. Then that gravy train goes away.

Artistic freedom means fuck all. It won’t pay the mortgage. It won’t put food on the table. It won’t put your kids through college.

You have to look at this shit like an adult.

Dean Ambrose, Tye Dillinger, Neville, and Goldust all left for more freedom. That may not mean anything to me or you, but it does to a lot of wrestlers. The safest and smartest financial option is re-signing with WWE. AEW can't/won't pay as much and could fail, but that's a risk these guys were willing to take. Not everyone is, but I'm sure others will.

Could it all be speculation? Yes, but again why push the Club now? I find it hard to believe that they do next to nothing with them for around a year or longer and then push them after they re-sign.

Edit - Forgot that Luke Harper and Sasha Banks requested their release for the same reason.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 08:15 PM
Could see that one coming a hundred miles away.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 08:22 PM
Well that happened.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-29-2019, 08:23 PM
That was weird

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 08:24 PM
"Maria talks about what it's like being pregnant, and then Strowman growls"

Someone actually wrote this in a script for a wrestling show.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 08:24 PM
Dean Ambrose, Tye Dillinger, Neville, and Goldust all left for more freedom. That may not mean anything to me or you, but it does to a lot of wrestlers. The safest and smartest financial option is re-signing with WWE. AEW can't/won't pay as much and could fail, but that's a risk these guys were willing to take. Not everyone is, but I'm sure others will.

Could it all be speculation? Yes, but again why push the Club now? I find it hard to believe that they do next to nothing with them for around a year or longer and then push them after they re-sign.

Dean Ambrose was paid fuck you money for a handful of years, and he’s gone out of his way to not burn that bridge. He’s worked more for NJPW than he has AEW. Tye Dillinger was in developmental for a fucking decade. Acting like he’s a big deal is insane. Neville’s post WWE career has been a disaster, and despite how much AEW hyped him, he still isn’t wrestling for them because all that artistic freedom means he has to protect the DG championship. Is that even freedom? Golddust is Cody’s brother. If Cody hadn’t found a money mark, do you really think he would have left to go wrestle somewhere else?

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 08:27 PM
Dean Ambrose was paid fuck you money for a handful of years, and he’s gone out of his way to not burn that bridge. He’s worked more for NJPW than he has AEW. Tye Dillinger was in developmental for a fucking decade. Acting like he’s a big deal is insane. Neville’s post WWE career has been a disaster, and despite how much ARW hyped him, he still isn’t wrestling for them because all that artistic freedom means he has to protect the DG championship. Is that even freedom? Golddust is Cody’s brother. If Cody hadn’t found a money mark, do you really think he would have left to go wrestle somewhere else?

Yes, and they all left because they were unhappy in WWE.

But there's NO way Gallows and Anderson could've wanted to leave.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 08:33 PM
Yes, and they all left because they were unhappy in WWE.

But there's NO way Gallows and Anderson could've wanted to leave.

You have devolved into a smark. That’s kinda sad, actually.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 08:36 PM
What are they going to do with 25 minutes left?

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 08:39 PM

Apparently Brock is going to kill Seth.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 08:39 PM

Looks like Brock is just gonna beat that ass for a half hour.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 08:41 PM
I want Brock to go back on the tren and d-bol again and get swole as fuck. Make him that much scarier.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 08:41 PM
Wait is the Samoan Summit actually going to main event, or did they hopefully scrap it?

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 08:43 PM
Wait is the Samoan Summit actually going to main event, or did they hopefully scrap it?

What if a certain Samoan is in the house?

#AbsoluteUnit
07-29-2019, 08:43 PM
Goodbye TVPG

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 08:45 PM
Goodbye TVPG

Thatâ??s a recently popular opinion, but they confirmed itâ??s not happening.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 08:47 PM
Holy shit Brock really is beating that ass for a half hour.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-29-2019, 08:48 PM
That’s a recently popular opinion, but they confirmed it’s not happening.

ok.

BaconBits
07-29-2019, 09:00 PM
That was fun.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-29-2019, 09:02 PM
I got to say, I dig the addition of Cedric Alexander in that.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-29-2019, 09:08 PM
Brock killing Seth was pretty rough looking, looked like he was legit hurting the guy in disturbing fashion. Bravo!

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 09:11 PM
Overall great episode of Raw.

klunderbunker
07-29-2019, 09:16 PM
Monday Night Raw
Date: July 29, 2019
Commentators: Michael Cole, Renee Young, Corey Graves

The rapid fire build to Summerslam can build tonight as we have less than two weeks to go before the show. A lot of the matches have already been set, but there are several more to go and the ones that already exist need some more time to really be ready. The shows have been somewhat better as of late so hopefully the trend can continue. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Something Old Something New (http://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2019/07/29/monday-night-raw-july-29-2019-some-old-some-new/)

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
07-29-2019, 09:23 PM
That empty arena training schtick, did they not do the exact same bit a year or so ago with Charlotte and Becky Lynch / Sasha Banks?

Jack-Hammer
07-29-2019, 09:29 PM
Definitely the best episode of Raw in quite some time. Solid SummerSlam build, some good wrestling action, nothing overstaying its welcome, no Baron Corbin or Shane McMahon in sight, a great beatdown segment with Rollins and Lesnar, new Raw Tag Team Champions with the O.C. claiming the titles, a 24/7 Champion who happens to be preggers, solid build for the Raw Women's Championship bout, nice little chaotic brawl to end the show with. Even though the show didn't drag, I kept thinking that tonight's show would've been just about the perfect wrestling TV program if it'd been a hour shorter. Still, the strongest episode of Raw in a very long time.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2019, 09:39 PM
Definitely the best episode of Raw in quite some time. Solid SummerSlam build, some good wrestling action, nothing overstaying its welcome, no Baron Corbin or Shane McMahon in sight, a great beatdown segment with Rollins and Lesnar, new Raw Tag Team Champions with the O.C. claiming the titles, a 24/7 Champion who happens to be preggers, solid build for the Raw Women's Championship bout, nice little chaotic brawl to end the show with. Even though the show didn't drag, I kept thinking that tonight's show would've been just about the perfect wrestling TV program if it'd been a hour shorter. Still, the strongest episode of Raw in a very long time.

I wonder how much of this is due to Paul Heyman. The show has been far from perfect, but aside from his 2nd week, it's been noticeably better since he took over.

Jack-Hammer
07-30-2019, 03:50 PM
I wonder how much of this is due to Paul Heyman. The show has been far from perfect, but aside from his 2nd week, it's been noticeably better since he took over.

Reportedly, this was Heyman's most heavily influenced show yet and it's gotten a lot of positive feedback among fans, writers, wrestlers, etc..

Of course, there's only so much that can be done when you get right down to it considering Vince is still the one in charge. For example, Vince has allegedly changed the main event of tonight's SD Live episode twice over the course of today and has had the entire show re-written.

Fire Marshall Bill
07-30-2019, 06:12 PM
Reportedly, this was Heyman's most heavily influenced show yet and it's gotten a lot of positive feedback among fans, writers, wrestlers, etc..

Of course, there's only so much that can be done when you get right down to it considering Vince is still the one in charge. For example, Vince has allegedly changed the main event of tonight's SD Live episode twice over the course of today and has had the entire show re-written.

If Shaneâ??s opening promo holds true, then he did a good job at at least one thing. Weâ??ll see though.