PDA

View Full Version : The Adventurous Search for Nestle Water and Match Light Charcoal

BestSportsEntertainer
07-30-2019, 04:34 AM
Thought this was worth sharing. It happened last Saturday. It was one of those days where nothing goes according to plan.

We needed some Nestle Water and Match Light Charcoal for a cookout, so my grandma and I went to the store to get them. Seems simple, right? Wrong.

We went to Exxon, CVS, Walgreens, and Dollar General, and none of them had Nestle Water. Ironically "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2 was playing in Dollar General. But my grandma is insistent on having Nestle, so we tried one more place. Thankfully Piggly Wiggly has it. I get a 24 pack, and the cashier says it's cheaper to buy the individual 6 packs. But I didn't care if the water costed $1,000. I was getting it and going home.

On the way home, we realize we forgot about the charcoal, so we decide to stop by the Dollar Store near our house. They have a bin full of charcoal on the outside, but there's no match light. I go inside to ask the cashier, and after waiting behind 7 people in line, she tells me there's no charcoal in the store and to look outside.

I go outside, and my grandma tells me to just get regular Kingsford, which is under 3 other bags in the bin. I move the bags on top of it, and the bin starts to move. Then I realize there's literally nothing holding it down. The only thing keeping it in place is the bin next to it, but if it moves just a few inches, it starts to roll down into the parking lot. Well thankfully I can hold it there, but I can't get it back in place. A few minutes later, the cashier comes outside, and she can't do it either. She finally gets it there, and I look over to a table and see... match light charcoal. Feeling like an idiot, I go inside to pay for it, and we finally go home.

I get home and don't see Mamaw's truck in our driveway. I frantically ask "Mamaw, where's your truck?" She goes "We're sitting in it!"

After that I went to bed for some much needed sleep.