PDA

View Full Version : RAW: 8/26

#AbsoluteUnit
08-26-2019, 06:03 PM
The Oh crap, Graves is back.

shafe_41
08-26-2019, 06:06 PM
Sasha lookin' like she tastes like blueberries. I'm a fan.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-26-2019, 06:09 PM
Before today, I donâ??t recall ever being happy about Natalya coming out.

Spidey
08-26-2019, 06:10 PM
"Payback for daddy!" - Renee

#AbsoluteUnit
08-26-2019, 06:12 PM
That pop sure died out quick when Nattie came out.

shafe_41
08-26-2019, 06:14 PM
That pop sure died out quick when Nattie came out.

That's just a regular pop for Nattie.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-26-2019, 06:15 PM
That's just a regular pop for Nattie.

true.

Spidey
08-26-2019, 06:17 PM
They really hyped Ziggler and Roode as the last team in that turmoil lol

BaconBits
08-26-2019, 06:26 PM
Hello gents. Was the beginning of the show any good?

#AbsoluteUnit
08-26-2019, 06:33 PM
nice match.

shafe_41
08-26-2019, 06:34 PM
Hello gents. Was the beginning of the show any good?

If you like looking at Sasha Banks... absolutely. If you like good promos... absolutely not.

Spidey
08-26-2019, 06:35 PM
Her promo was better than Natalya existing. Give the devil her due now.

BaconBits
08-26-2019, 06:36 PM
If you like looking at Sasha Banks... absolutely. If you like good promos... absolutely not.

Sasha and good promos tend not to be seen in the same place.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-26-2019, 06:57 PM
Didn't miss Graves last week.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-26-2019, 07:05 PM
Her promo was better than Natalya existing. Give the devil her due now.

That promo was absolutely awful. The only person who could possibly do worse would be Tamina.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-26-2019, 07:09 PM
That promo was absolutely awful. The only person who could possibly do worse would be Tamina.

Legit forgot Tamina existed until now. Seriously.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-26-2019, 07:10 PM

Spidey
08-26-2019, 07:18 PM
How y'all gonna forget Natalya and her dead dad

#AbsoluteUnit
08-26-2019, 07:19 PM
Thank you Bayley for the 10 points

Fire Marshall Bill
08-26-2019, 07:21 PM
Why donâ??t they just call it a gauntlet match?

BestSportsEntertainer
08-26-2019, 07:26 PM
This highlights how weak the tag team division is

BestSportsEntertainer
08-26-2019, 07:30 PM
- Interesting

- Dolph Ziggler

Pick one.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-26-2019, 07:39 PM
^Can't.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-26-2019, 07:46 PM
This match has been far too long

#AbsoluteUnit
08-26-2019, 07:47 PM
I actually like Tucker though.

Spidey
08-26-2019, 07:48 PM
I'm a big Otis fan. I hope he kills everyone, including his own partner.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-26-2019, 07:52 PM
Well that happened

Spidey
08-26-2019, 07:57 PM
"We signed Heyman and Bischoff" is becoming the new "The shows will be good now that Corbin isn't in charge."

#AbsoluteUnit
08-26-2019, 08:00 PM
I just looked at my past 3 teams in the fantasy pool, and I drafted Bayley twice. I think I have a thing for Bayley. We're cool though, right?

#AbsoluteUnit
08-26-2019, 08:02 PM
LOL Michael Cole, Sasha isn't losing tonight

#AbsoluteUnit
08-26-2019, 08:28 PM
10 more points, thanks Cedric!

klunderbunker
08-26-2019, 09:15 PM
Monday Night Raw
Date: August 26, 2019
Commentators: Michael Cole, Corey Graves, Renee Young

The King of the Ring continues tonight but we also need to start the build towards Clash of Champions. The show is in less than three weeks and there is barely anything set up so far. That needs to start changing tonight and odds are it will, including a likely Universal Title match between Seth Rollins and Braun Strowman. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

They're Going In A Dangerous Direction (http://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2019/08/26/monday-night-raw-august-26-2019-theyre-going-in-a-dangerous-direction/)

klunderbunker
08-26-2019, 09:17 PM

Alliteration.

smarkmouth
08-26-2019, 10:01 PM
Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but isn't a gauntlet one wrestler (or team) running through several opponents, while a turmoil has either wrestler replaced by a new competitor?

ie; Big E and woods ran a gauntlet to get Kofi a shot at WrestleMania, while all of tonight's teams were competing in a turmoil for a shot at the titles.

klunderbunker
08-26-2019, 11:21 PM
Maybe I'm splitting hairs, but isn't a gauntlet one wrestler (or team) running through several opponents, while a turmoil has either wrestler replaced by a new competitor?

ie; Big E and woods ran a gauntlet to get Kofi a shot at WrestleMania, while all of tonight's teams were competing in a turmoil for a shot at the titles.

Depends on how they word it as it's been both over the years. WCW had a weekend gauntlet on their three television shows where one person would face multiple opponents, whereas other gauntlet matches are about finding a winner no matter who is involved. It's one of those things where they need a different name for one of them.

Jack-Hammer
08-27-2019, 12:25 AM
These days, you can see that some segments and matches have very distinct and different personalities in charge of them.

Most of the KOTR stuff looks like it's Heyman as the wrestling has been good, overall, the storylines have been coherent and it hasn't been unnecessarily complicated. Then you look at the tag team title picture and the road taken with Rollins and Strowman towards Clash of Champions, and what you see is a jumbled mess. Right now, when you get down to it, the entire tag division of Raw has been sacrificed for the sake of the Universal Championship match because, for whatever reason, Vince loves going back to this scenario from time to time where he puts the Raw tag titles onto two guys who only win the titles to further their own singles storyline while the tag division is left flapping in the breeze. To muddy the waters a bit further, he decides to have a tag team turmoil match, which is essentially a tag team gauntlet match, with the winning team challenging Rollins and Strowman at Clash of Champions. Vince's vision, however, is an uninspired match in which two of the three teams in the thing aren't glorified jobbers are eliminated first off via double DQ. The result of this match saw Dolph Ziggler getting put into yet another high profile match despite losing one after another with his tag team partner being Robert Roode. So yeah, again, this whole thing is a mess and has Vince's fingerprints all over it.

Another POSSIBLE downside is that Baron Corbin is probably now the odds on favorite to win the KOTR and that's just a kick in the nuts. Corbin has gotten pretty much zero attention since Paul Heyman took over Raw creative and it wouldn't surprise me Vince decided to step in and say "okay, we're gonna do something with him again." It's truly unfortunate that Vince can't see the correlation between Corbin having such a prominent spot on Raw and some of the very worst episodes of Raw in the history of the show. Corbin's not some megastar, he just doesn't have anything remotely close to that sort of ability in any way, shape or form. He's a solid big man, but that's it. Raw without him running around all over the place has been infinitely better and it'll just be massive letdown if he wins KOTR when you've still got guys that fans are rallying/have been rallying behind for a while/could rally behind like Ricochet, Andrade, Alexander and Gable. Personally, I'm of the opinion that it should be Ricochet vs. Andrade in the finals with the backstage producers giving him 25 minutes and telling them "Go kill it kids."

Storm Trooper
08-27-2019, 07:49 AM
Why is anyone surprised (or upset) that Baron Corbin won his first round match in the King of the Ring tournament?

Sure his past makes you think he's the favorite. But him beating The Fucking Miz is about as surprising as the sun rising in the east. And it's the right call, Miz isn't winning the tournament so getting the Beating Corbin rub is not gonna help him. If he's gonna be in it he is gonna win a match or 2. He can lose to Ricochet, before Ricochet loses to Joe or Elias.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
08-27-2019, 10:17 AM
The Miz has been tarnished ever since losing his feud with Shane.