PDA

View Full Version : Tommaso Ciampa very close to returning

BestSportsEntertainer
09-21-2019, 01:02 AM
https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/triple-h-says-tommaso-ciampa-is-getting-very-close-to-returning/

This is always great news. We can finally get a proper ending to his feud with Gargano, though I wouldn't do it immediately.

mrluck_07
09-21-2019, 07:56 AM
https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/triple-h-says-tommaso-ciampa-is-getting-very-close-to-returning/

This is always great news. We can finally get a proper ending to his feud with Gargano, though I wouldn't do it immediately.

How much further down the road should they do it?

Jack-Hammer
09-21-2019, 10:37 AM
I do think it's wise to stay out of the ring until everyone feels he's absolutely ready to make a return. Neck injuries are frightening enough and definitely not something to be rushed.

I'd love to see Ciampa make a return, he's done fantastic work in NXT and his feud with Gargano helped NXT reach a new level with matches you could put up against anyone else anywhere in the world. NXT may or may not rival the success, in terms of sheer numbers, as Raw and SmackDown, only time will tell that, but the quality of Ciampa's work, like that of so many others in NXT, can't be overlooked.

With that being said, I have a feeling that Ciampa's career won't be a long one as I'm reminded of that video update Ciampa provided on April 1st, not long after the surgery. In the update, Ciampa stated that his doctors told him that his career is on "borrowed time", which, unless it's something Ciampa said just for dramatic effect, makes me feel that Ciampa won't have any choice but to retire before he's 40, he turned 34 in mid-May so I won't be at all surprised if Ciampa has to retire at an early age, such as Edge did when he was only about 37. I'd love to be wrong, but neck injuries are one of those things that just seem to never really, completely go away.

A lot will depend on if Ciampa has any sort of lingering symptoms, such as demonstrating any nerve damage or numbness in any of his extremities. I know Jason Jordan underwent surgery and, generally speaking, doesn't seem to have done him all that much good as he's still reportedly having trouble making a fist with one hand and experiences numbness sometimes. Of course, the nature of their injuries could be different so I could just be talking out of my ass on this.

Y 2 Jake
09-21-2019, 03:39 PM
Dare I say that I'm kinda bored of seeing him and Gargano together.

#AbsoluteUnit
09-21-2019, 05:28 PM
He does nothing for me, but good for him.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-27-2019, 10:14 PM
How much further down the road should they do it?

The upcoming Takeover before Mania. Their final match deserves the biggest stage.