PDA

View Full Version : AEW Dynamite 10/9

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 06:12 PM
I donâ??t know most of AEW tag teams. Is there any chance Young Bucks lose this tournament?

Yer Maw
10-09-2019, 06:16 PM
5 counts are non-existent in AEW obviously.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 06:16 PM
I guess the honeymoon with SCF is over.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 06:17 PM
5 counts are non-existent in AEW obviously.

They proved last week that reffing rules are merely guidelines.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 06:18 PM
I canâ??t roll my eyes hard enough at a crowd that chants â??this is wrestlingâ?

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 06:21 PM
I do love innovative tag team moves.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 06:21 PM
Color me surprised. Well, answered my opening question.

Yer Maw
10-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Shaked my head at that shooting star press non finish

Yer Maw
10-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Pleased at that though

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 06:24 PM
The second airing is causing people to watch NXT now and AEW later Iâ??m guessing. Much busier here last week.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 06:26 PM
Wonder if Jericho has to pay Fozzy for rights to the song.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 06:29 PM
He made the list!

Storm Trooper
10-09-2019, 06:29 PM
Wonder if Jericho has to pay Fozzy for rights to the song.

AEW does have to pay royalties to Fozzy's Record Label.

It's why Jericho didn't use Judas at the end of his NJPW run. They wouldn't pay.

Yer Maw
10-09-2019, 06:34 PM
You can tell this is unscripted and it's so much better

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 06:34 PM
Good promo. Not like thatâ??s surprising from Jericho. Good job putting his guys over too.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 06:41 PM
I hate when they promote a championship match at the next PPV, yet have a #1 contenders match between other wrestlers before that.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 06:41 PM
Can Cody not use Runnels as his last name?

BestSportsEntertainer
10-09-2019, 06:43 PM
Can Cody not use Runnels as his last name?

He can use the Rhodes name but prefers just Cody.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 06:45 PM
He can use the Rhodes name but prefers just Cody.

WWE has turned me off of single name wrestlers.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 07:08 PM
Hahaha now taking shots at the mandible claw.

Yer Maw
10-09-2019, 07:10 PM
Hahaha now taking shots at the mandible claw.

It's not taking shots, she's a dentist..

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 07:13 PM
It's not taking shots, she's a dentist..

â??A real dentist using a real mandible claw.â?

BestSportsEntertainer
10-09-2019, 07:31 PM
Hype for this show died pretty quickly

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 07:32 PM
Wonder how bloody theyâ??ll go when they actually do get to hardcore matches.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2019, 07:34 PM

Hasnâ??t been bad so far I think. Problem is, with the second airing, most people who would be here are likely watching NXT and will switch to watch AEW after.

klunderbunker
10-09-2019, 08:12 PM
Dynamite
Date: October 9, 2019
Commentators: Tony Schiavone, Jim Ross, Excalibur

It’s the second week and that means we are in for something that might be more important than the debut episode. You can have as good of an opener as you want, but if you don’t get the fans to stick around, it isn’t going to matter all that much. The ratings and audience are going to be interesting after this week so let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

The More Important Show (https://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2019/10/09/dynamite-october-9-2019-the-more-important-show/)

klunderbunker
10-09-2019, 08:13 PM
Hasn’t been bad so far I think. Problem is, with the second airing, most people who would be here are likely watching NXT and will switch to watch AEW after.

Yeah I was wondering how many people knew there was an immediate replay. That's how I watched Nitro back in the day as it aired again after Raw.

Spidey
10-09-2019, 09:22 PM

Oh we're here. Some of us are still suffering from the HIAC LD tho.

AEW with another fun show.

Jack-Hammer
10-10-2019, 12:09 AM
I thought they delivered a pretty good show overall, though I don't believe it was quite as good as last week.

The opening match in the AEW World Tag Team Championship tournament featured the Young Bucks vs. Private Party. I gave the match 3.5 stars as it was a good outing that told a good story with the young upstarts coming up and upsetting the established Bucks. This match was quite tolerable and more than a bit toned down from some of the goofy, shenanigan filled spotfests some Bucks matches are. These Bucks are more along the lines of how they behaved in New Japan while they acted much goofier in ROH, so you never really know which one you're gonna get. The pace wasn't some nonstop, warp speed slide down a mountain and it told a good story, though the commentators telegraphed the ending talking about the Bucks possibly being in a bit of a funk since they lost to the Lucha Bros. and were being more aggressive here than normal. Still, putting over the younger team was a nice way to go here as it shows that AEW is interested in building and establishing talent and not just using them to prop up the Elite.

Jericho's promo segment was well done, though I thought it went a bit longer than it needed to. Jericho is energized and refreshed, and his little dig at WWE to shut down the "We the People" chants when he introduced Hager got the sort of response he wanted. While Sammy Guevara feels sort of like the odd man out in Inner Circle, what he, LAX, Swagger & Guevara are calling themselves, it makes sense as you've got the former LAX as an established tag team, Jericho & Hager are both former World Champions and veterans while Hager is also the bruiser of the group and Guevara is the young, hungry turk of the group.

Darby Allin vs. Jimmy Havoc didn't really do much for me. I thought it was a decent 2.5 star match but nothing to write home about. Neither guy really made all that much of an impression on me and just seem lile they're mostly just there. Allin winning this bout gives him a title shot at Jericho next week so maybe this will be what puts the kid over the top. If he can't pull out something special with Jericho, then it just ain't gonna happen and he's just not as good as the hype says he is.

Britt Baker & Riho vs. Bea Priestly & Sakura I thought was around 2.75 stars, I enjoyed it a bit more than Allin vs. Havoc though I'm not really blown away yet by any woman I've seen in AEW so far. Britt Baker seems like a natural star babyface while Riho strikes me as being women's champion because of Kenny Omega more than anything else. Not that she doesn't have ability or anything, it's just that I look around AEW and I see women who bring more to the table overall, quite a few in fact, than Riho so it makes me wonder if she's the champion only because she's a protégé of Kenny Omega.

John Moxley vs. Shawn Spears was a pretty good 3 star bout. Some decent action, pretty much what I expected when I saw this match advertised. However, I'm just not seeing anything special whatsoever about Spears. He just strikes me as the same average talent he was in WWE, he's just using a different name.

Dustin Rhodes & Hangman Page vs. Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara I thought was about 3 stars as well. This is one of thos matches where the goal was primarily for Jericho to get the best of Dustin, maybe beat the crap out of Dustin in order to further the build for their title match at Full Gear. Some fun action with the expected interference from Hager, allowing Jericho and Guevara to score the win after Jericho hits the Judas Effect on Dustin. The comes the beatdown, Cody coming to help, Santana & Ortiz taking him out then the Young Bucks making the save them, etc..

Commentary on this show still feels flat to me, it just doesn't have very much energy and it mostly just comes across like a couple of guys talking on a podcast or something.

Overall, a pretty good show. Nothing bad went down, the wrestling action was pretty good overall and they're moving right along. I give the show a C+.

Spidey
10-10-2019, 11:50 AM
These are strange times. The past few weeks have been my first real foray into NXT and gun to my head I think AEW is doing a better job explaining who some of these people are better than WWE is for the new viewers.

SSJPhenom
10-10-2019, 01:04 PM
I enjoyed AEW again this week. Got what I wanted with my Jericho promo segment and the matches were all good. None great, none bad, but good and that's just fine for a weekly wrestling show. Save great for PPVs and save bad for hopefully never. I enjoyed the Inner Circle reveal and I dig the name but the whole thing kind of felt late 96 to 97 WCW to me. Especially the ending with the good guys having the bad guys on the run. It was just like Sting, Luger, DDP, and Piper in the ring with the nWo on the run. They're going to have to get WCW out of their systems and focus on doing new and different stuff. Even Tony and JR mentioning WCW here and there ruins the experience for me. Also, is it just me or does it feel like Tony and JR just aren't that into it? Where's the 'bawh gawds' the 'slobber knockers' etc and from Tony the overwhelmingly positive support for the good guys. Just saying it isn't enough. I want the feeling behind it. Part of what made Sting holding off the nWo so epic back in the day was Tony's commentary making Sting out to be this godly hero and according to Tony, Hogan might as well have been the damn devil. Part of what made SCSA attacking the Corporation epic back in the day was JR's commentary making SCSA out to be this badass everyman being held down and getting back at his boss. Something anyone could relate to. When you watch wrestling on tv the commentators give you perspective. You don't just know something is big and important because they say it. It's the feeling they put behind it and as of right now I'm getting none of that from Tony and JR. I think AEW should do something that's been lacking on wrestling tv for awhile and bring back the heel commentator. Raw was awesome when Lawler would be all, "I hope Mr. Mcmahon is alright" and JR would be all, "To hell with Mr. Mcmahon". I miss that.

AEW is on the right track though. I'm a fan.