PDA

View Full Version : Disney+ Discussion Thread

Jam
11-12-2019, 06:06 PM
Disney+ is out! So excited for the streaming service as I love EVERYTHING Disney-related. The library is HUGE! When it's released in other regions, I really think it can challenge Netflix for top streaming service.

What do you think of Disney+?

Storm Trooper
11-13-2019, 01:15 AM
It is glorious. The Mandalorian is pretty sweet so far. Plus I can re-watch Star Wars Rebels. AND the MCU.

Y 2 Jake
11-13-2019, 04:29 AM
Hopefully we get a new Muppets movie.

Slyfox696
11-13-2019, 05:43 AM
I've heard it has had some hiccups (which is not surprising for a debut), so I'll probably wait a little bit before signing up. I will be signing up at some point though.

JHOLCOMB22
11-13-2019, 07:24 AM
As someone who already pays $15 a month for Hulu and ESPN+, I am very happy to add Disney+ to that and pay only $12.99. When I can save money and get access to one of the largest content libraries around, I will do so gladly, glitches and all

Slyfox696
11-13-2019, 08:12 AM
As someone who already pays $15 a month for Hulu and ESPN+, I am very happy to add Disney+ to that and pay only $12.99. When I can save money and get access to one of the largest content libraries around, I will do so gladly, glitches and all
I just can't justify paying for ESPN+. Every once in a while there is something I'm interested in, but nowhere near often enough to buy it.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
11-13-2019, 10:02 AM
It started out rough for me, but now that it works I'm impressed by the early content. Mostly got it for all things Star Wars.

Storm Trooper
11-13-2019, 01:55 PM
I just can't justify paying for ESPN+. Every once in a while there is something I'm interested in, but nowhere near often enough to buy it.
I was the same. Then they brought back NFL Primetime with Chris Berman and Tom Jackson. Then I paid for it.

But now that the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu Bundle is 12.99, which is the same price as Netflix, I've decided to get 3 streaming services for the price of 1. I'm canceling my Netflix imminently.

JHOLCOMB22
11-13-2019, 05:07 PM
I was the same. Then they brought back NFL Primetime with Chris Berman and Tom Jackson. Then I paid for it.

But now that the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu Bundle is 12.99, which is the same price as Netflix, I've decided to get 3 streaming services for the price of 1. I'm canceling my Netflix imminently.

This.
I am a fan of the 30 for 30s, but it was primetime plus more 3rd rate college sports than i even knew existed. Now, i tell myself its the free one

Storm Trooper
11-13-2019, 05:46 PM
This.
I am a fan of the 30 for 30s, but it was primetime plus more 3rd rate college sports than i even knew existed. Now, i tell myself its the free one
Peytons Places is a fun one too. Peyton Manning hanging out with random football people can't go wrong.

Plus they have hockey coverage and UFC as well. And if I miss SportsCenter with Scott Van Pelt I can just go onto + and watch it.

#AbsoluteUnit
11-13-2019, 07:49 PM
I like it. I was at my girlfriends house and watching Star Wars episodes 1 through 3 were cool. I think I'll get Disney +

Slyfox696
11-14-2019, 05:27 AM

But now that the Disney+/ESPN+/Hulu Bundle is 12.99, which is the same price as Netflix, I've decided to get 3 streaming services for the price of 1. I'm canceling my Netflix imminently.We're going to be canceling our Netflix eventually as well. About the only thing we watch on there is The Office and Arrested Development, but The Office is leaving (which I'm now burning to my Plex) and Arrested Development is on Hulu.

We also currently subscribe to Playstation Vue, which is shutting down, so we'll be picking up a subscription to Hulu Live TV, which comes bundled with our current Hulu tier. So, doing math...

- $54 (Vue)
- $13 (Netflix)
- $6 Hulu
+ $53 (Hulu Live and Streaming)
+ $7 (Disney)
---------------
$13 a month savings/$156 a year

Not a bad way to go when we're basically getting what we already have.

smarkmouth
11-14-2019, 08:39 AM
Hopefully we get a new Muppets movie.

Disney keeps doing these live action remakes of their own cartoons, but how do I wish it was a Muppet version of Lion King.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
11-14-2019, 10:37 AM
Coming soon to Disney +, A live action Loki series, a live action Falcon and Winter Soldier series and a live action Scarlett Witch and Vision series. I can assume they are saving Thor + Guardians for a movie instead.

SSJPhenom
11-15-2019, 10:12 AM
When is PlayStation Vue shutting down?

Slyfox696
11-16-2019, 07:09 AM
When is PlayStation Vue shutting down?January 30. They've already stopped accepting new subscribers.

SSJPhenom
11-16-2019, 08:20 AM
January 30. They've already stopped accepting new subscribers.

I didn't know that. I also use PlayStation Vue as my "regular TV" with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Funimation, and now Disney+ on the side. That's:

Vue: 59.99
Netflix: 15.99
Prime: 8.99
Funimation: 5.99
Disney+: 6.99

Total: 98.95. That's how much I spend on television now. When I had Direct TV, I spent $140 on that alone plus Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Funimation. PlayStation Vue saved me so much money.

Guess I'm going to have to do what you're doing and get Hulu live. Is it good?

Slyfox696
11-16-2019, 08:59 AM
I didn't know that. I also use PlayStation Vue as my "regular TV" with Netflix, Amazon Prime, Funimation, and now Disney+ on the side. That's:

Vue: 59.99
Netflix: 15.99
Prime: 8.99
Funimation: 5.99
Disney+: 6.99

Total: 98.95. That's how much I spend on television now. When I had Direct TV, I spent $140 on that alone plus Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Funimation. PlayStation Vue saved me so much money.

Guess I'm going to have to do what you're doing and get Hulu live. Is it good?
Not sure, haven't switched yet. I like Vue, so I may ride it out till the end. Apparently most Vue subscribers are moving to YouTubeTV, but YouTubeTV doesn't have DIY and Cooking Channel, two channels we watch a lot in my home.

Here's the announcement: https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/29/sony-interactive-entertainment-to-shut-down-playstation-vue/