PDA

View Full Version : The AEW Thread - A E Dub, A E Dub, A E Dub!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Jack-Hammer
11-14-2019, 03:33 AM
Since NXT has its own thread and since not a lot of people are here watching it live, I figured this could be a little place of giving AEW its own little thread to talk about all things AEW, post reviews of shows, comment on recent happenings, etc.. After all, AEW is the new baby of the wrestling family and the baby needs a warm little place of its own.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-01-2019, 08:08 AM
Right now, Jungle Boy is 0-16.

klunderbunker
12-04-2019, 08:27 PM
Dynamite
Date: December 4, 2019
Commentators: Jim Ross, Excalibur, Tony Schiavone

Last week’s show ended on a big moment with Jon Moxley seemingly setting himself up as the next challenger to Chris Jericho’s World Title. They had a big feud in WWE so doing the same thing over here would be fine enough. Hopefully they can bounce back from a slightly down week last time. Let’s get to it.

Click on the link below for the full review.

Everybody's Joining Cults (https://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2019/12/04/dynamite-december-4-2019-everybodys-joining-cults/)

Storm Trooper
12-05-2019, 10:32 AM
I'm confused by AEW.

Records matter, but Jungle Boy Jack Perry is the #1 Contender. He is 0-8. can someone PLEASE explain to me how records can matter when you can earn a Worlds Championship match at 0-8?

smarkmouth
12-05-2019, 10:51 AM
I'm confused by AEW.

Records matter, but Jungle Boy Jack Perry is the #1 Contender. He is 0-8. can someone PLEASE explain to me how records can matter when you can earn a Worlds Championship match at 0-8? I agree, but it's worth noting that Jericho challenged Jungle Boy, rather than Jack earning a shot. Same thing happened with Scorpio who also had a lacklustre singles record. Maybe that will be the story; Jericho padding up his record against those with weaker ones.

smarkmouth
12-05-2019, 05:20 PM
Oh, um, it's also not a title match apparently.

Y 2 Jake
12-05-2019, 05:59 PM
Turns out win-loss records on weekly shows don't work.

Who knew.

Y 2 Jake
12-05-2019, 05:59 PM
But I do like stats.

Storm Trooper
12-06-2019, 02:19 AM
I agree, but it's worth noting that Jericho challenged Jungle Boy, rather than Jack earning a shot. Same thing happened with Scorpio who also had a lacklustre singles record. Maybe that will be the story; Jericho padding up his record against those with weaker ones.
Regardless, the governing body of the company should not allow inferior challengers. Plus if you're gonna have a ranking taking people from the bottom and letting them wrestle for the championship is ridiculous. If Conor McGregor challenged CM Punk to a UFC Title fight, the UFC will not allow it because it's stupid. Now that Bray Wyatt is challenging the challengers on Fridays, AEW is copying them. The very company they try and disparage every chance they get.

Oh, um, it's also not a title match apparently.

Le Champion, the AEW World Champ, Chris Jericho, with â??Big Hurtâ? Jake Hager by his side, entered the ring to get some things off his chest.Jericho said he sold 12,000 bottles of â??A Little Bit of the Bubblyâ? in one week (available at LittleBitofTheBubbly.com). Le Champion said AEW is forcing him to have one more title defense this year. He pulled out a list of wrestlers he is refusing to compete against. Jericho read off a series of names from â??The Lexicon of Le Champion.â?

Jurassic Express made their way down to the ring. Jericho asked Jungle Boy if he thought he had what it takes to beat him, and said he thought Jungle Boy â??was a piece of sâ??t!â? Jericho said Jungle Boy couldnâ??t last 10 minutes with him. Jungle Boy responded, â??I know I can last 10 minutes with you, and Iâ??m gonna kick your ass!â? Jungle Boy slapped Jericho.

The match was set for AEW DYNAMITE on December 18th!

It's a title match. Besides, a world renowned wrestling journalist has already reported the 3 title matches happening on 12/18 (https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/triple-presents-three-title-matches-across-two-companies-set-december-18/). His word is gospel around here so it's happening.

Skairipa
12-06-2019, 02:27 AM
Regardless, the governing body of the company should not allow inferior challengers. Plus if you're gonna have a ranking taking people from the bottom and letting them wrestle for the championship is ridiculous. If Conor McGregor challenged CM Punk to a UFC Title fight, the UFC will not allow it because it's stupid. Now that Bray Wyatt is challenging the challengers on Fridays, AEW is copying them. The very company they try and disparage every chance they get.

It's a title match. Besides, a world renowned wrestling journalist has already reported the 3 title matches happening on 12/18 (https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/triple-presents-three-title-matches-across-two-companies-set-december-18/). His word is gospel around here so it's happening.

Are you really complaining about a heel champion who got to hand pick his opponent for what may or may not be a title match, picking a guy he thinks he can beat without breaking a sweat because he's 0-8? That logic makes perfect sense to me.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-06-2019, 03:01 AM
I agree, but it's worth noting that Jericho challenged Jungle Boy, rather than Jack earning a shot. Same thing happened with Scorpio who also had a lacklustre singles record. Maybe that will be the story; Jericho padding up his record against those with weaker ones.

We're so used to WWE botching storylines that we're not willing to let the stories play out. We assume they don't know what they're doing and they don't have a plan.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-06-2019, 03:05 AM
What does everyone think of AEW after the first 10 weeks of Dynamite?

It's been good, and as a hardcore fan, I'm going to watch pretty much every week. But have they done enough to draw in casuals? Is there anything specific they could do?

Storm Trooper
12-06-2019, 03:08 AM
Are you really complaining about a heel champion who got to hand pick his opponent for what may or may not be a title match, picking a guy he thinks he can beat without breaking a sweat because he's 0-8? That logic makes perfect sense to me.
I don't have a problem with Jericho choosing an easy opponent, as that's what a heel would do. I have a problem with a company that over-stresses win/loss records allowing such a transgression. It is beyond obvious now that wins and losses do not matter and AEW lies to its fans. If it mattered they would not allow Jungle Boy to get a title match.

Don't say one thing then do the opposite. Fans complain when WWE does it but people will gloss over AEW doing it.

Yer Maw
12-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Cody has said on twitter its not a title match.

smarkmouth
12-06-2019, 06:13 PM

It's been good, and as a hardcore fan, I'm going to watch pretty much every week. But have they done enough to draw in casuals? Is there anything specific they could do?
Not a thing. They've yet to leave one episode with a worthwhile hook. Ambrose and Jericho might do it, and MJF might be so good that people will pay to see him beat but that remains to be seen.

A11
12-06-2019, 06:34 PM
I honestly think its been pretty average television. Something's not right on commentary and they're trying hard to be WCW

#AbsoluteUnit
12-07-2019, 08:01 PM

I'll be completely honest, I think it's been ok thus far. Nothing AEW has done after 10 weeks has made me want to go ahead and turn my tv off. However, in the same time frame, nothing has lit anything on fire for me to me to continue for me to watch every week. I'm a wrestling fan, thus, if there's wrestling on my tv, I'll be watching it.

However, I'll be honest, I'm a big WWE fan. Make no mistake about it, if WWE produces a live tv that I am able to access it, I'll be right there. AEW does not do that for me. I did not say AEW sucks or has a shitty product, I'm saying AEW hasn't drawn me in as far as the WWE has. I'm not an AEW hater, I'm a wrestling fan in all, it's just nothing AEW has done has blown me away yet.

klunderbunker
12-11-2019, 08:28 PM
Dynamite
Date: December 11, 2019
Commentators: Jim Ross, Tony Schiavone, Excalibur

We’re down in Texas for one of the last two shows of the year. This time around the focus is going to be on a Texas Street Fight between the Young Bucks and Santana and Ortiz, which should be a heck of a battle if they’re allowed to be themselves. Other than that it’s time to get ready for next week’s World Title match between champion Chris Jericho and Jungle Boy. Let’s get to it.

Appetizers Can Be Tasty (https://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2019/12/11/dynamite-december-11-2019-appetizers-can-be-tasty/)

klunderbunker
12-18-2019, 08:32 PM
Dynamite
Date: December 18, 2019
Commentators: Excalibur, Tony Schiavone, Jim Ross

It’s a big night around here as we have a double main event. This time around it’s Chris Jericho vs. Jungle Boy in a non-title match with a ten minute time limit. On the other hand we have the Young Bucks getting a long awaited Tag Team Title shot against SCU. This is their last show of the year so hopefully they go out with a bang. Let’s get to it.

They Close Well (https://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2019/12/18/dynamite-december-18-2019-they-close-well/)

klunderbunker
01-01-2020, 08:26 PM
Dynamite
Date: January 1, 2020
Commentators: Jim Ross, Tazz, Excalibur

It’s the Homecoming edition as we start the new year in the home stomping grounds of Jacksonville. That means we should be in for a big show to start the new year, which is taking place a year to the day of the announcement of the company. I’m curious to see what they have in store as it should be interesting. Let’s get to it.

A Happy Way To Start The New Year (https://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2020/01/01/dynamite-january-1-2020-a-happy-way-to-start-the-new-year/)

Yer Maw
01-02-2020, 12:36 PM
Great show and Taz was awesome.

klunderbunker
01-08-2020, 08:39 PM
Dynamite
Date: January 8, 2020

We’re in the south again this week and it’s time for Jon Moxley to make his decision about joining the Inner Circle. That could go multiple ways but I think you know where this is headed. Other than that, we’ll be getting a tribute to Memphis wrestling legends, which seems prime for a certain loudmouthed rich kid to come in and mess everything up. Let’s get to it.

A New Year's Slump (https://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2020/01/08/dynamite-january-8-2020-a-new-years-slump/)

Yer Maw
01-09-2020, 12:48 PM
DDP is wrestling next week?

Like, what the fuck.

A11
01-10-2020, 06:15 AM
What the fuck was Brandi doing on commentary? Yeah its one thing to be playing a bitchy character its another thing to just shit on everyone and every thing. Especially when your in a management position. Like when she said she doesnt know why she's out here on commentary and might leave, thats dumb

klunderbunker
01-15-2020, 08:11 PM
Dynamite
Date: January 15, 2020
Commentators: Jim Ross, Excalibur, Tony Schiavone

It’s the first half of Bash At The Beach, with the second half coming next week from a boat (yes a boat). The big story this week is the fallout from last week with Jon Moxley turning down Chris Jericho’s offer of a spot in the Inner Circle with a champagne bottle. That all but guarantees a title match at Revolution so it’s time to built things up. Let’s get to it.

Does Almost Their Best Ever Count? (https://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2020/01/15/dynamite-january-15-2020-does-almost-their-best-ever-count/)

klunderbunker
01-22-2020, 08:13 PM
Dynamite
Date: January 22, 2020

And now, we’re on a boat. If there is one thing that AEW has managed to do well it is offering in some changes of venue. That is the case again here as they are presenting this week’s show from Chris Jericho’s Rock N Rager cruise, with the matches taking place on the deck of the boat. That’s cool enough as it is, but there are some big matches as well. Let’s get to it.

It's A Good Life On A Boat (https://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2020/01/22/dynamite-january-22-2020-its-a-good-life-on-a-boat/)

klunderbunker
01-29-2020, 08:09 PM
Dynamite
Date: January 29, 2020
Commentators: Tony Schiavone, Jim Ross, Excalibur

We’re back on dry land after last week’s show on a boat. We are also a month away from the Revolution pay per view and that means it’s time to hammer home some of the card. A few matches have already been set, with the World Title match between champion Chris Jericho and Jon Moxley being set up last week. Let’s get to it.

Minus The Boom (https://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2020/01/29/dynamite-january-29-2020-minus-the-boom/)

BestSportsEntertainer
02-05-2020, 08:00 PM
For those who saw Dynamite, who was attacking MJF at the end?

klunderbunker
02-05-2020, 08:17 PM
For those who saw Dynamite, who was attacking MJF at the end?

Looked like a fan.

klunderbunker
02-05-2020, 08:18 PM
Dynamite
Date: February 5, 2020

We’re less than a month away from Revolution and you can see a lot of the card from here. The big story continues to be Jon Moxley challenging Chris Jericho for the World Title and that means he has to go through the Inner Circle. He’ll start with that tonight against Ortiz, but other than that we have Cody dealing with MJF. Let’s get to it.

The Best Thing They've Ever Done (https://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2020/02/05/dynamite-february-5-2020-the-best-thing-theyve-ever-done/)

klunderbunker
02-12-2020, 08:15 PM
Dynamite
Date: February 12, 2020

We’re less than three weeks away from Revolution and the card is either set or pretty clear from this point. There is still some work to do, but at the same time there are major matches to get through on television. That would include tonight, as Riho defends the Women’s Title against Nyla Rose and SCU challenges Kenny Omega/Hangman Page for the Tag Team Titles. Let’s get to it.

They're On A Roll (https://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2020/02/12/dynamite-february-12-2020-theyre-on-a-roll/)

Yer Maw
02-13-2020, 11:00 AM
How awkward was Tony Khan's hug?

klunderbunker
02-19-2020, 08:16 PM
Dynamite
Date: February 19, 2020
Commentators: Excalibur, Tony Schiavone, Jim Ross

We’re coming up on Revolution and that means there are a few things we need do first. That would include a tag team battle royal to crown some new #1 contenders, plus Cody vs. Wardlow in a cage so Cody can face Maxwell Jacob Friedman. Hopefully we get some other good stuff as well and the last few weeks would suggest we will. Let’s get to it.

They're Doing The Right Things (https://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2020/02/19/dynamite-february-19-2020-theyre-doing-the-right-things/)

BestSportsEntertainer
02-26-2020, 07:58 PM
For the love of God, stay away from the Dippin' Dots! Not the Dippin' Dots!

I love Jim Ross.

Fire Marshall Bill
02-26-2020, 08:02 PM
84 stars to the Omega/PAC match.

klunderbunker
02-26-2020, 08:12 PM
Dynamite
Date: February 26, 2020
Location: Silverstein Eye Centers Arena, Kansas City, Missouri

It’s another big week as we have the go home show for Revolution, but at the same time we also have an Iron Man match between Kenny Omega and Pac. This show has been on a roll lately with one good week after another so hopefully they can keep it going on the way to the pay per view. Let’s get to it.

Start The Revolution With Me (https://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2020/02/26/dynamite-february-26-2020-start-the-revolution-with-me/)

Yer Maw
03-01-2020, 06:13 AM
Revolution - Best PPV of 2020 so far.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-01-2020, 08:01 AM
That tag match was something else.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-01-2020, 11:56 AM
Cody Rhodes neck tattoo is the best heel in AEW

smarkmouth
03-01-2020, 12:16 PM
Cody can undo the ill-will of the tattoo by getting a huge chest piece of his dog.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-02-2020, 05:08 PM
Jon Moxley hasn't yet lost the AEW Championship so he's already a better champion than Chris Jericho

#AbsoluteUnit
03-02-2020, 05:35 PM
Greatest. of. all. time.

EnviousDominous
03-03-2020, 08:06 AM
You know what AEW? You're alright.

Fire Marshall Bill
03-04-2020, 06:35 PM
Batman needs to come to AEW. Apparently his sidekick has been lured in by the Dark Order.

Jack-Hammer
03-05-2020, 08:36 AM
I thought the highlight of last night's show was Jake Roberts appearing during Cody's promo segment. Jake Roberts did what he always did on the mic: he absolutely shined and showed that he can still do some of the best promo work you'll see. What he said, how he said it and the last bit about not turning your back on someone you respect or are afraid of, then turning his back on Cody to show he didn't and he isn't was just perfect. For the first time since watching AEW, I truly marked out.

smarkmouth
03-05-2020, 10:09 AM
Gotta agree. AEW seems to be really clicking now and I kinda regret cutting my cable in part because of that.

Just thoughts about decoding what Jake said about the Ides of March; that means March 15th, when Caesar was killed in Shakespeare's play. Next week's Dynamite falls in the 15th, taking place in Rochester. A rumoured signing comes from Rochester. You know what that means.

smarkmouth
03-05-2020, 11:57 AM
Nope, March 15th isn't a Wednesday you idiot, you absolute bellend.

Spidey
03-05-2020, 02:21 PM
Eh, small liberties are being taken but I think you're on the money.

smarkmouth
03-05-2020, 04:36 PM
Thank you, I stand by the theory, just kicking myself for speaking in certain terms about the date.

EnviousDominous
03-06-2020, 08:33 AM
I thought the highlight of last night's show was Jake Roberts appearing during Cody's promo segment. Jake Roberts did what he always did on the mic: he absolutely shined and showed that he can still do some of the best promo work you'll see. What he said, how he said it and the last bit about not turning your back on someone you respect or are afraid of, then turning his back on Cody to show he didn't and he isn't was just perfect. For the first time since watching AEW, I truly marked out.

I was a mix of excited and terrified when I saw Jake make his entrance to AEW. Jake has always been either on to the point where he's a promo-savant that could spark a violent revolution, or off to the point where I just want to hug him through the tv and go "shhhhh".

Jake is one of my favorite wrestlers of all time. As far as I was concerned as a kid, he and Andre were the only wrestlers on the roster that I cared to see. Nobody was better than Jake on the mic though. The man could use his words to pacify and intimidate anybody, he would shock audiences silent with his words. To this day, I heed his quote of "If a man has enough power, he can speak softly and everyone will listen".

I wouldn't be gushing so much if Jake hadn't hit a grand slam with that promo.

I had grown tired of Cody long ago. His knobby knees and dork-ass smile had me in a state of mind where I thought it was a sham when he managed to cleanly defeat Ezekiel Jackson. AEW has done a good job of endearing Cody to me, but I still wasn't fully on board the Cody bandwagon. Cody had a damn good feud with MJF, and though I'm very impressed that it was used to put over MJF, I still wasn't on board.

I'm on board now. Mainly because in Jake's soul destroying rip on Cody, he promised that he's bringing someone in to be his client. Holy....fucking....SHIT! It could be anybody. Anybody? YES! ANY-FUCKING-BODY! Brodie Lee? That works. Ryback? You betcha'. Rusev? FUCKING ANYBODY!

Cody has proven that he's worthy to me, and Jake came at just the right time to put the screws to him and his newfound status as top-guy. I was a bit disappointed with the Dark Order exalted one reveal, but this angle with Cody has my FULL attention.

I thought that Jake's best days on the mic were behind us, but I was wrong. Jake saying "Never turn your back on a man you respect, or a man you're afraid of" before turning his back on Cody and tossing the mic to him from behind was absolute platinum.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-11-2020, 06:37 PM
"Tap you stupid alien!"

Nyla Rose is a great natural heel.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-11-2020, 06:50 PM
"Happy Birthday Luchasaurus, you don't look a day over 65 million"

Strong early contender for sign of the year

Yer Maw
03-19-2020, 03:03 AM
Brodie Lee? Surely he can think of a better name than that? Not very intimidating.

Also I hope that's not his permanent ring gear because it looked like shit.

Spidey
03-19-2020, 09:12 AM
Never underestimate our need to nitpick.

Yer Maw
03-19-2020, 10:36 AM
The rest was cool but those 2 just really bugged me

#AbsoluteUnit
03-29-2020, 01:51 AM
I'll just say this; AEW has been killing it with these empty arena shows. Props to them.

Yer Maw
05-07-2020, 04:01 PM
Really enjoyed dynamite last night, Le Sex Gods are the best thing in wrestling.

Yer Maw
05-16-2020, 01:17 AM
The people in the AEW ladder match sure are random, so much for the ranking system..

Fire Marshall Bill
05-16-2020, 12:40 PM
Sorry, but I can?t help but think of TNA when Brody Lee comes in and immediately gets a title shot. At least Moxley had one feud first.

OYDK
05-16-2020, 04:55 PM
NXT did the same thing a few times, no?

Fire Marshall Bill
05-17-2020, 12:28 PM
Don?t watch NXT.

Fire Marshall Bill
05-20-2020, 06:47 PM
Can either Jake or Arn still go? I don?t want to see the match, just curious if this is going to actually be a thing.

Yer Maw
05-21-2020, 11:47 AM
Don't know about Jake but Arn can't because of neck problems.

Yer Maw
05-24-2020, 10:10 AM
I enjoyed the show last night although the ladder match was a bit overbooked. 15 or 16 people for one match is a bit ridiculous.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-27-2020, 07:59 PM
This is a really cool segment, but fuck social distancing I guess lol

Fire Marshall Bill
05-29-2020, 03:49 PM
Don?t understand the excitement from anyone over FTR debut. They really are the most generic tag team I can think of.

Yer Maw
05-30-2020, 01:55 AM
Don?t understand the excitement from anyone over FTR debut. They really are the most generic tag team I can think of.

Did you even watch them in NXT? When given time they can have amazing matches, but they never got that on the main roster.

Fire Marshall Bill
05-30-2020, 04:25 PM
Did you even watch them in NXT? When given time they can have amazing matches, but they never got that on the main roster.

A) No I don?t watch NXT. Literally already typed that on this very page.
B) I never said anything about their wrestling ability.
C) Many people can have great matches. That doesn?t make them interesting.

Everything I?ve ever seen from them has been boring as hell.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-10-2020, 06:47 PM
4 man commentary booths are a little ridiculous, but Jericho's so good so why not

BestSportsEntertainer
06-10-2020, 07:05 PM
The Inner Circle attacked Orange Cassidy and beat him with a bag of oranges.

I love how Jim Ross said this was a setup. Well yeah why else would there be oranges under the ring lol

BestSportsEntertainer
06-10-2020, 08:01 PM
Really good episode of Dynamite tonight. Best show of the week, though SD isn't too far behind.

Fire Marshall Bill
06-11-2020, 11:51 AM
4 man commentary booths are a little ridiculous, but Jericho's so good so why not

I find him annoying. He?s a shell of his former self. All he does is yell stupid and crazy things. It?s goofy, which has been his schtick for awhile now, but annoyingly goofy. Not entertaining. When his tag team was wrestling I legitimately muted the TV it was so bad. If he?s not yelling stupid shit, he?s quietly praising faces like he?s so busy trying to put them over he?s forgotten he?s a heel. Doesn?t make sense.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-17-2020, 06:12 PM
Kenny Omega went from best wrestler in the world to an opening tag team match with Dustin Rhodes and QT Marshall, who have exactly 1 win on Dynamite and that was 2 1/2 months ago

AEW needs to start treating their stars like stars.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-17-2020, 07:59 PM
Ok this is just a parody at this point

Yer Maw
06-18-2020, 08:42 AM
Kenny Omega went from best wrestler in the world to an opening tag team match with Dustin Rhodes and QT Marshall, who have exactly 1 win on Dynamite and that was 2 1/2 months ago

AEW needs to start treating their stars like stars.

Hangman Page is the bigger star of that team

Fire Marshall Bill
06-18-2020, 10:56 AM
Yeah I see a lot of potential in Page. Have yet to see why people think Omega is so good.

Fire Marshall Bill
07-02-2020, 01:56 PM
Waiting for AEW to declare their ?rules? for tag team matches. Last night, I believe it was the Private Party match, Santana/Ortiz (not sure which one) tagged his partner after already coming through the ropes. It?s a joke. They need to just declare all tag matches bedlam matches, because that?s how they?re booked.

Also, only faces won last night. Only faces hold titles. I find the IWCs obsession with heels stupid, but they have to win to further storylines. If Janela goes over Lance Archer next week, I might be officially done with AEW. Not because I like Janela, but because he has no business winning. It?s not like I don?t have another option on Wednesdays.

Also, can?t wait for Jericho to get off commentary.

Fire Marshall Bill
07-15-2020, 06:57 PM
Holy crap Luchasaurus talked!

Fire Marshall Bill
07-15-2020, 07:11 PM
Never seen Luchasaurus before AEW, but he?s very versatile in the ring. Has he had this gimmick before AEW?

BestSportsEntertainer
07-22-2020, 06:05 PM
Never seen Eddie Kingston before but I'm impressed. He's believable on the mic, and that's pretty rare.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-22-2020, 06:31 PM
A wrestling show where wrestlers are allowed to show personality is a wild concept

#AbsoluteUnit
07-22-2020, 06:46 PM
A wrestling show where wrestlers are allowed to show personality is a wild concept

No way! That's wild!

BestSportsEntertainer
07-22-2020, 06:47 PM
Bah gawd those steaks had a family! Enough is enough!

#AbsoluteUnit
07-22-2020, 06:49 PM
I have no idea who the Butcher and Blade are.

Fill me in por favor.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-22-2020, 06:55 PM
I always thought they were a biker gang, but apparently they're actual meat butchers lol

#AbsoluteUnit
07-22-2020, 06:58 PM
Butcher looks like he's pushing 60..

Blade looks like a younger Bob Holly. Legit that's all I got at the moment.

Fire Marshall Bill
07-22-2020, 07:28 PM
Page should?ve won that match in 2 minutes. One of the dumb things about AEW.

Fire Marshall Bill
07-22-2020, 07:29 PM

Problem is not enough of them have much of a personality.

Fire Marshall Bill
07-22-2020, 07:59 PM
That was a short suspension.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2020, 06:02 PM
It's so refreshing to see a wrestling show that doesn't start with a 20 minute promo every week

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2020, 06:43 PM
I love Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Jon Moxley, Brodie Lee, and FTR. Dustin Rhodes and Matt Hardy are fine. Zack Ryder is jumping the shark. They have far too many ex-WWE guys.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2020, 06:48 PM
I don't like the constant digs JR takes at AEW's product.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-29-2020, 07:30 PM
It sucks to say this, but JR is the worst commentator between Raw, SD, and AEW. He's honestly my least favorite thing about AEW.

Fire Marshall Bill
07-30-2020, 05:58 AM
I love Chris Jericho, Jake Hager, Jon Moxley, Brodie Lee, and FTR. Dustin Rhodes and Matt Hardy are fine. Zack Ryder is jumping the shark. They have far too many ex-WWE guys.

It?s a double edged sword for AEW. Zack Ryder was, at best, a mid carder in WWE, but he looks the part. Compared to most of AEWs roster though, he?s big, both in size and name. So it helps their brand to bring in someone people know. But at the same time, a large part of AEWs fans are Indy marks who hate WWE. So will it end up hurting them if they get too close to WWE lite? It?s a thin line they?re skirting. If the ex WWE guys can assimilate to AEWs crazy booking of matches, they might be ok.

On a side note, I find it hilarious they finally booked a Tornado Tag match last night, even though all of them have been pretty much that anyway. That 10 man match was just ridiculous. And now we have a 12 man next week.

Yer Maw
07-31-2020, 05:00 AM
I don't like the constant digs JR takes at AEW's product.

Even tho what he says is true?

BestSportsEntertainer
07-31-2020, 07:47 AM
Even tho what he says is true?

Yes. Why should I watch a show if the lead commentator is constantly shitting all over it? A commentator should always put over the product.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-31-2020, 06:58 PM
Yes. Why should I watch a show if the lead commentator is constantly shitting all over it? A commentator should always put over the product.

He's better than Cole though.

Jack-Hammer
08-01-2020, 05:22 AM
He's better than Cole though.

Not anymore, at least I don't think so. Jim Ross today is most certainly not the Jim Ross of old. I understand that some of that is due to the fact he's gotten older, not holding any sort of limits brought about by age against him as it'll get to us all in due time. If that's all it was, I could more than look past it but the passion is gone. Jim Ross doesn't care a tenth about these guys the way he cared about the guys in the WWE. As with New Japan, in some instances, JR isn't all that familiar with some of the AEW talent, I don't think the AEW brass goes out of its way to do what they can to help familiarize JR with the talent. In some instances, as has been mentioned, it sounds like he's crapping all over the product of AEW and, again, maybe that has something to do with age. He's older, he certainly knows what he likes and there are some things regarding AEW that he doesn't like. He's made that clear on a good number of podcast interviews. On one hand, you don't want to stifle someone's right to express themselves the way WWE does when it comes to what signed talent says during interviews of all types. However, there are times where Good Ol' JR goes off the reservation and does have some unkind things to say and that's not something you want your commentators to do.

As for Michael Cole, I've seen examples of Cole outside of Raw or SmackDown where he does a great job. The 2018 Mae Young Classic springs to mind where Cole was enthusiastic and energized in an organic way. Why? Because he didn't have Vince McMahon and/or Kevin Dunn, sometimes simultaneously, screaming into his headphones and feeding him lines. However, Cole's greatness lies in exactly that: being able to maintain that semse of professional calm, being able to immediately deliver what Vince wants him to say without getting flustered or frustrated the way so many others do. Not a lot of people can do that, Tom Phillips is someone who can and that's why Vince loves the guy and Phillips found himself quickly promoted to being the lead commentator for Raw.

Jim Ross is, overall, probably the greatest of all time. He's just not currently the greatest in the game today.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-05-2020, 06:42 PM
2 good matches. Not a fan of the Best Friends push.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-05-2020, 07:20 PM
Eventually they'll have every former WWE wrestler and non-wrestler. If I wanted to see all of them, I'd watch the Network instead.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-05-2020, 07:27 PM
This is silly, but I love it.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-05-2020, 07:31 PM
I like Orange Cassidy as an upper mid-carder, more of a serious wrestler. He's not just a comedy guy.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-05-2020, 07:45 PM
A triple threat match between John Cena, Jon Moxley, and John Morrison would be the death of Justin Roberts lol

BestSportsEntertainer
08-12-2020, 06:10 PM
I miss Excalibur

BestSportsEntertainer
08-12-2020, 06:44 PM
It's great to see Mike Chioda

BestSportsEntertainer
08-12-2020, 07:14 PM
Omega's suplex on Marko Stunt "knocked the water out of his ass", according to Tazz. Well that's a new one lol.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-12-2020, 08:04 PM
As usual Dynamite is the best show of the week

Yer Maw
08-13-2020, 01:41 PM
Felt weird not seeing Mike Chioda in a WWE ring

BestSportsEntertainer
08-18-2020, 08:31 PM
It's cool seeing AEW advertised during the NBA playoffs.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-22-2020, 04:39 PM
Weird time for Dynamite to start. I hope the ratings don't suffer too much.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-22-2020, 05:24 PM
Well the NBA playoffs only take about 3 months, so it?s a dark road ahead. Next week is Thursday.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-22-2020, 05:25 PM
Any angle that involves lawyers in professional wrestling is stupid. Probably my least favorite thing in the business. I was thinking MJF had a chance, now he?s got no shot.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-22-2020, 05:54 PM
LOL this is hilarious

BestSportsEntertainer
08-22-2020, 06:46 PM
*Insert weekly Dynamite is my favorite show post*

BestSportsEntertainer
08-25-2020, 05:06 PM
755,000 viewers is very impressive for a different night against Takeover

BestSportsEntertainer
08-27-2020, 06:15 PM
Jericho's commentary is great in small doses

BestSportsEntertainer
08-27-2020, 06:24 PM
Tully Blanchard is a perfect fit with FTR.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-27-2020, 08:00 PM
How many different ways can you say "Dynamite is my favorite show of the week again"?

Fire Marshall Bill
08-27-2020, 09:05 PM
Jericho's commentary is great in small doses

Like I told you a long time ago. He?s a parody of himself now. All he does is yell a lot. Definitely small doses.

How many different ways can you say "Dynamite is my favorite show of the week again"?

Different strokes. I fast forwarded through the first 30 minutes because we all knew who was winning that gauntlet match, because LOLTNA. But since I use Hulu, I was able to see Adam Page pull shenanigans so I watched that.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-27-2020, 09:20 PM
And now I have to fast forward through a stupid lawyer angle.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-27-2020, 09:24 PM
Why don?t Santana and Ortiz cut more promos? That one, albeit recorded, was pretty good.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-27-2020, 09:34 PM
Hey we have another stable. Yay.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-27-2020, 09:37 PM
Why did Evil Uno change his mask?

BestSportsEntertainer
08-27-2020, 09:49 PM
Like I told you a long time ago. He?s a parody of himself now. All he does is yell a lot. Definitely small doses.

Different strokes. I fast forwarded through the first 30 minutes because we all knew who was winning that gauntlet match, because LOLTNA. But since I use Hulu, I was able to see Adam Page pull shenanigans so I watched that.

I think you're off on the TNA comparison. TNA got flack for pushing WWE wrestlers past their prime (Nash, Steiner, Booker, RVD, etc). FTR is still one of the best tag teams in the world.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-27-2020, 09:59 PM
That?s certainly your opinion. They?re extremely generic. And for the, what 5th time, a new entry to AEW that gets pushed immediately? That?s in months. I guess your best argument is TNA did it for years. But hey, wins and losses matter.

On a positive note, The Dark Order is finally becoming what they should?ve when Brodie Lee came in.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-27-2020, 10:04 PM
My god their women?s division is bad. Britt Baker might be their best, but they refuse to use her.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-27-2020, 10:11 PM
I see Sammy Guevara get a lot of hate, but I think he?s got a lot of potential.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-27-2020, 10:12 PM
Hoping he beats Hardy here. I haven?t read the results.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-27-2020, 10:14 PM
Ok I like the Twist of Fate with the chair around the neck. Has he ever done that before?

Fire Marshall Bill
08-27-2020, 10:16 PM
Glad Sammy won. Man that shot of Hardy?s head afterward showed how bad he?s balding. He hides it well though.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-27-2020, 10:21 PM
I like Cassidy having a serious feud. It was just a matter of time anyway, but I didn?t see a problem with his lackadaisical gimmick. It was different and created build towards what he could actually do. That said, I agree that if WWE did it first, they?d be trashed for it. Smarks are smarks.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-27-2020, 10:38 PM
I'm fine with pushing new signees immediately. No need to waste time with guys like Lance Archer, Brian Cage, and Brodie Lee.

Britt Baker is a star. Reminds me of Alexa Bliss because her personality and mic skills are top notch.

Sammy has a lot of potential. Matt did a great job putting him over.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-28-2020, 12:02 AM
Through years of bad booking and a subpar product, WWE has lost literally millions of fans and the trust of many fans they still have. For example do you really trust WWE to have a satisfying payoff for Retribution? WWE fans always say "wait where the story goes" but it either goes nowhere or flat out sucks. In contrast, AEW has been mostly entertaining and has never made me feel like an idiot for watching.

And let's be honest, WWE would ruin Orange Cassidy the second he got there.

Storm Trooper
08-28-2020, 07:26 AM
Through years of bad booking and a subpar product, WWE has lost literally millions of fans and the trust of many fans they still have. For example do you really trust WWE to have a satisfying payoff for Retribution? WWE fans always say "wait where the story goes" but it either goes nowhere or flat out sucks. In contrast, AEW has been mostly entertaining and has never made me feel like an idiot for watching.

And let's be honest, WWE would ruin Orange Cassidy the second he got there.
You and I are watching 2 separate products.

The referee in the gauntlet match looked at a pinfall and said he wouldn't count it for like 4 seconds before finally starting his count. Nothing changed to make him start to count.

This while the illegal man ran around outside for the entirety of the match and was attacking the other illegal man. Oh, and that was the supposed faces doing that.

AEW does stupid shit virtually every time I watch it, and I feel like an idiot for it. Hell, they even need special rules for FTR matches (AKA they "enforce" the actual rules of Tag Team Wrestling).

AEW is the Michael Bay film version of Professional wrestling. The matches are just one big thing thrown after the other with zero reason for doing any of it. Explosions for the sake of explosions. Nothing wrong with that concept, but to say that AEW is logical is absurd.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-28-2020, 10:12 AM
I already stated in another thread that I have no faith in where Retribution ends. I don?t think they have a plan where it?s going yet. Frankly, I think the only positive would be that Reigns becomes the face of it, but that?s highly unlikely. But they?re just making fun of Antifa anyway, so maybe there is no point.

And thank you for outing yourself as a stereotypical smark by saying WWE would ruin Cassidy.

I may not be as strict as Storm Trooper here, but to deny their tag team matches are a joke is asinine. They literally made a tag after someone came through the ropes one time. It was refreshing when they finally declared a Tornado match, because at least they finally called themselves out for not enforcing any rules.

Fire Marshall Bill
08-28-2020, 10:15 AM
I'm fine with pushing new signees immediately. No need to waste time with guys like Lance Archer, Brian Cage, and Brodie Lee.

Britt Baker is a star. Reminds me of Alexa Bliss because her personality and mic skills are top notch.

Sammy has a lot of potential. Matt did a great job putting him over.

Oh and by the way, wins and losses matter, right?

BestSportsEntertainer
08-28-2020, 01:05 PM
There's about a .00001% chance Vince would "get" Cassidy.

I don't really care about the tag team rules. I consider all AEW tag team matches "tornado" by default.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-02-2020, 06:14 PM
Great opener

BestSportsEntertainer
09-02-2020, 06:36 PM
Another great match. This tag team division is the best.

Fire Marshall Bill
09-02-2020, 07:31 PM
I?m a little behind on Hulu, but this match has 21 people and there?s literally 4 faces I spot. There were like 10 heels arguing before Darby came out.

Fire Marshall Bill
09-02-2020, 07:45 PM
Rebel epitomizing half of the country, wearing her mask with her nose exposed.

Fire Marshall Bill
09-02-2020, 07:47 PM
There's about a .00001% chance Vince would "get" Cassidy.

I don't really care about the tag team rules. I consider all AEW tag team matches "tornado" by default.

FTR doesn?t. In fact, they?re so generic that their ?contracts? dictate the tag ropes must be used.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-02-2020, 07:52 PM
FTR is one of the best tag teams of all time in the ring. I really don't see how anyone could not care about them at all.

Fire Marshall Bill
09-02-2020, 07:54 PM
FTR is one of the best tag teams of all time in the ring. I really don't see how anyone could not care about them at all.

You have officially become the Zeven Zion of AEW if you truly believe that.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-02-2020, 08:16 PM
In the ring who's better?

BestSportsEntertainer
09-03-2020, 03:36 AM
You have officially become the Zeven Zion of AEW if you truly believe that.

Who?

Have you seen their NXT run? They had some of the best tag team matches you'll ever see. Their best match was against DIY at Takeover: Toronto. I believe this is the only tag match KB has graded an A+

Fire Marshall Bill
09-03-2020, 06:21 AM
Who?

Have you seen their NXT run? They had some of the best tag team matches you'll ever see. Their best match was against DIY at Takeover: Toronto. I believe this is the only tag match KB has graded an A+

Figure it out yourself.

Ok. One match, good for them. And I can?t believe I have to state this for like the 10th time, but I DON?T WATCH NXT! I?ve seen 2 weeks while they?ve been on different days, and didn?t even bother this week. I don?t even read the results. Don?t care. In the slightest. Everything I?ve seen on their time in WWE and AEW is boring as hell. Plenty of people are good in the ring. If they can?t interest me otherwise, I don?t care much about them. Their schtick is generic as hell. I?ve been giving AEW a chance because it?s something different. Doesn?t mean I?m not going to state what I like and don?t like.

Fire Marshall Bill
09-03-2020, 06:23 AM
In the ring who's better?

You have yet to comprehend that many wrestling fans don?t watch it for the wrestling. Besides, there are many more things to being ?in the ring? than wrestling. You going to start counting off their number of moves now?

BestSportsEntertainer
09-03-2020, 07:39 AM
Figure it out yourself.

Ok. One match, good for them. And I can?t believe I have to state this for like the 10th time, but I DON?T WATCH NXT! I?ve seen 2 weeks while they?ve been on different days, and didn?t even bother this week. I don?t even read the results. Don?t care. In the slightest. Everything I?ve seen on their time in WWE and AEW is boring as hell. Plenty of people are good in the ring. If they can?t interest me otherwise, I don?t care much about them. Their schtick is generic as hell. I?ve been giving AEW a chance because it?s something different. Doesn?t mean I?m not going to state what I like and don?t like.

My point is how can you judge them without seeing, by far, their best work?

They don't have the most exciting characters, but I was thinking they're so good in the ring that you wouldn't care as much. But if you don't care for workrate, you probably won't like even their best work.

Stone Cold Tea
09-03-2020, 04:14 PM
Do we have a war yet?

Fire Marshall Bill
09-04-2020, 10:10 AM
My point is how can you judge them without seeing, by far, their best work?

They don't have the most exciting characters, but I was thinking they're so good in the ring that you wouldn't care as much. But if you don't care for workrate, you probably won't like even their best work.

Again, plenty of people are good in the ring. It doesn?t make them exciting. See most cruiserweights. Any professional wrestler can string moves together. But can they actually interest the audience while doing it? That?s what FTR hasn?t even come close to doing for me. You know who?s known for boring the crowd outside of the ring, but wrestles in a way that excites people? Cesaro. Guy is finally getting better on the mic, but has always put a flair in his ring work that?s made people want to watch his matches. FTR has no flair. They just do shit.

klunderbunker
09-05-2020, 10:11 PM
All Out 2020
Date: September 5, 2020

They’re back on pay per view and for once that’s a rather nice thing to see. AEW has a great history with the big shows and hopefully we continue the streak here. The main events are Chris Jericho vs. Orange Cassidy where you can win by throwing the other one in a vat of mimosa and Jon Moxley defending the World Title against MJF. Let’s get to it.

The Undefeated (https://kbwrestlingreviews.com/2020/09/06/all-out-2020-the-undefeated/)

Fallout
09-06-2020, 06:08 AM
Why is Jericho so content in having his own legacy shit upon? At least when Dusty was getting up there and in embarrassing matches, he was putting himself over in the Bunkhouse Stampede.

You know, I enjoyed Cassidy when he was a part of the Ant Colony, but this is just dumb. This would be akin to Santino Marella or Heath Slater beating prime Austin in back-to-back matches.

Fire Marshall Bill
09-06-2020, 09:40 AM
Why is Jericho so content in having his own legacy shit upon? At least when Dusty was getting up there and in embarrassing matches, he was putting himself over in the Bunkhouse Stampede.

You know, I enjoyed Cassidy when he was a part of the Ant Colony, but this is just dumb. This would be akin to Santino Marella or Heath Slater beating prime Austin in back-to-back matches.

That?s some hyperbole. Jericho is not Austin and never has been. I don?t have a problem with Cassidy. Though this program should lead to more serious feuds, otherwise its a waste. Jericho has been Jobbing to anyone since he lost to Fandango at WM.

Oh and what a surprise FTR won. Can?t believe an average ex WWE team was pushed immediately.

Fallout
09-06-2020, 10:11 AM
That?s some hyperbole. Jericho is not Austin and never has been. I don?t have a problem with Cassidy. Though this program should lead to more serious feuds, otherwise its a waste. Jericho has been Jobbing to anyone since he lost to Fandango at WM.

Oh and what a surprise FTR won. Can?t believe an average ex WWE team was pushed immediately.

I'm not suggesting Jericho is on the same level as Austin, but he is AEW's biggest star, and to have him lose to a joke character back-to-back is just daft. I'm not a fan of Cassidy's character, but it's tolerable, so long as it doesn't go above the midcard. Hopefully this peters out eventualy.

OYDK
09-06-2020, 05:45 PM
Someone should tell JR to just stay home if he doesn't want to be there. Guy looks and sounds absolutely miserable every show and honestly takes something away from the broadcast. Never something I thought I would say about Jim Ross.

Fire Marshall Bill
09-06-2020, 10:40 PM
I'm not suggesting Jericho is on the same level as Austin, but he is AEW's biggest star, and to have him lose to a joke character back-to-back is just daft. I'm not a fan of Cassidy's character, but it's tolerable, so long as it doesn't go above the midcard. Hopefully this peters out eventualy.

I disagree. I think with proper booking (key) Cassidy could be main event. It?s not like it?s flooded with big guys.

Yer Maw
09-07-2020, 01:12 AM
Someone should tell JR to just stay home if he doesn't want to be there. Guy looks and sounds absolutely miserable every show and honestly takes something away from the broadcast. Never something I thought I would say about Jim Ross.

I think it's unfair to say he looks miserable when he can't even smile because of his illnesses.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-07-2020, 04:26 AM
Did anyone see what JR said during the women’s match? Stuff like that shouldn’t be tolerated. Imagine if this happened in any other sport or workplace.

OYDK
09-07-2020, 06:42 AM
I think it's unfair to say he looks miserable when he can't even smile because of his illnesses.

True actually, though I've certainly seen him look livelier before.

Y 2 Jake
09-07-2020, 06:46 AM
I don't like to take Jim Ross' side but I feel the same way about an awful lot of their programming.

Yer Maw
09-07-2020, 03:56 PM
His wife died a couple of years ago he hasn't been the same since then.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-09-2020, 06:27 PM
Matt shouldn't be apologizing. He did nothing wrong.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-09-2020, 06:43 PM
Well this is an odd way to introduce him, but it's good to see Rusev!

Storm Trooper
09-09-2020, 06:48 PM
Well this is an odd way to introduce him, but it's good to see Rusev!

Nah it was the normal way to introduce him. WWE guy debuts and proceeds to rip WWE because they weren't top guys.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-09-2020, 06:58 PM
If a significant number of ex-employees are bitter and left on bad terms, you have to start looking at the company.

Storm Trooper
09-09-2020, 08:17 PM
If a significant number of ex-employees are bitter and left on bad terms, you have to start looking at the company.
Or not everyone is a top guy. Rusev got as far as he was gonna. Sure they could have thrown him another midcard title or the tag belts during Rusev Day but he wasn't going further. Neither was Luke Harper.

And even if they are bitter and left on bad terms, you don't need to do the same thing everyone else does. It won't help you get over. It is actually a hinderance to getting over being 1 in 100. Stand out. Do something original.

I was literally rolling my eyed during his promo. I wanted to like it but it was just more of the same. Bash WWE. That's all it was. I'm Miro. WWE screwed up with me. I'm Elite.

At the end of the day, WWE is living Rent-free in their heads. And it's just reminding all of us that these guys were not good enough for another company. The other companies trash is our treasure.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-09-2020, 08:58 PM
^I agree with everything except the last part.

AEW had a rough week, which has exposed some underlying problems.

- Every tag team match is the same. If you've seen one, you've see them all.
- I don't take Orange Cassidy seriously as a main eventer.
- I like most of their ex-WWE guys, but they're relying far too much on them.
- Their women's division needs a ton of work.

AEW can get back on track, but they've got work to do.

Fire Marshall Bill
09-09-2020, 10:27 PM
^I agree with everything except the last part.

AEW had a rough week, which has exposed some underlying problems.

- Every tag team match is the same. If you've seen one, you've see them all.
- I don't take Orange Cassidy seriously as a main eventer.
- I like most of their ex-WWE guys, but they're relying far too much on them.
- Their women's division needs a ton of work.

AEW can get back on track, but they've got work to do.

It?s almost as if I?ve been saying all of this for months, minus Cassidy. I think proper booking could still get him there. Though, calling out their women?s division is nothing to be proud of. It?s absolutely horrible.

I actually enjoyed the majority of tonight?s show. The bald one in FTR has potential on the mic.

Alex
09-10-2020, 02:14 AM
Whatculture did a news video yesterday and they mentioned talent being picked up. One of the presenters was saying how AEW isn't like old school TNA and I laughed because they pretty much are.

All their male champions are former WWE talent, they pick up a large amount of ex WWE talent and push them heavily. And pretty much all of them have the partial gimmick of "I wasn't used right, that place was run by morons and was a cesspool". I get WWE doesn't use everybody right and can be difficult to work for but jeez have a different gimmick.

Fire Marshall Bill
09-13-2020, 12:23 AM
I think Proud and Poweful should leave the Inner Circle. They have potential. Sammy has a lot of potential on his own and I think Jericho/Hager could win the titles and eventually put a team over.

Y 2 Jake
09-14-2020, 02:36 PM
AEW has lots of good teams but they misuse a lot of them. Particularly The Proud and the Powerful and Lucha Bros.

Fire Marshall Bill
09-17-2020, 03:53 PM
Missed last nights show. The results all seemed pretty fun. They already spoiled the Mox/Archer match though.

Yer Maw
09-18-2020, 08:26 AM
The parking lot brawl was good but not amazing as everyone is making out.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-21-2020, 05:16 PM
The parking lot brawl was good but not amazing as everyone is making out.

Meltzer is entitled to his opinion, but 5 stars is ludicrous.

Exactly five WWE main roster matches ever have gotten 5 stars. Only one in the last 20 years.

BestSportsEntertainer
09-23-2020, 06:04 PM
This is a pretty bad way to introduce Miro

Fire Marshall Bill
09-25-2020, 05:52 PM
This is a pretty bad way to introduce Miro

Yeah no one cares about Kip Sabian. I like Miro, but he needs to drop the dead weight.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-08-2020, 12:16 AM
Cody left for a few weeks to film a TV show and immediately wins back the title upon returning, and we're supposed to treat it like it's Hogan slamming Andre or Brock ending the Streak. He tries way too hard to make everything he does some huge emotional moment, and it feels forced and ultimately takes away from what he's doing.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-08-2020, 05:19 AM
At least it was a good match. Not like that Luther match. My god, he shouldn?t be anywhere near a ring. He was horrible.

Y 2 Jake
10-08-2020, 03:52 PM
Cody's a heel, right?

BestSportsEntertainer
10-08-2020, 04:12 PM
He's been teasing it for a while but no

Y 2 Jake
10-09-2020, 02:00 AM
All of The Elite have been teasing it since Dynamite started. Theure not easy to like.

Alex
10-09-2020, 02:15 AM
Christopher Daniels was defending the women's division by saying there wasn't enough time on Dynamite and their recent signings show they're committed.

I dunno, I mean Impact showcases their female talent just fine in two hours. Their new signings aren't also extremely green.

Storm Trooper
10-09-2020, 11:28 AM
Christopher Daniels was defending the women's division by saying there wasn't enough time on Dynamite and their recent signings show they're committed.

I dunno, I mean Impact showcases their female talent just fine in two hours. Their new signings aren't also extremely green.
AEW has 4 hours a week (2 hours of Dynamite and 2 hours of Dark). NXT has 2 hours a week.

NXT has arguably the best Womens division in all of Professional Wrestling. AEW Womens division is meh.

I give AEW a little benefit of the doubt as they lost Riho (and maybe others I don't know) due to COVID travel restrictions and Britt Baker got injured and was unable to wrestle for a number of months.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-09-2020, 09:54 PM
AEWs women?s division is literally the worst division in wrestling. And I?m including WWEs tag team division. And despite your opinion on Riho, it?s always been that way.

Y 2 Jake
10-09-2020, 10:06 PM
Oh yeah, Riho hasn't been on TV in months. Honestly hadn't noticed.

Storm Trooper
10-10-2020, 10:46 AM
Oh I'm not a fan of hers but they built her up a lot only to now not be able to use her. The AEW Women's division is better than some of the Divas era, but that's it. They should just put the championship on Brandi already.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-11-2020, 11:50 AM
Oh I'm not a fan of hers but they built her up a lot only to now not be able to use her. The AEW Women's division is better than some of the Divas era, but that's it. They should just put the championship on Brandi already.

I?d still debate that. Wrestlers like Kelly Kelly weren?t good, but she was over as hell. No one gives a shit about any of the women in AEW. Their best character, Britt Baker, isn?t even on TV every week.

Storm Trooper
10-11-2020, 03:07 PM
I?d still debate that. Wrestlers like Kelly Kelly weren?t good, but she was over as hell. No one gives a shit about any of the women in AEW. Their best character, Britt Baker, isn?t even on TV every week.
I agree. I was referring to their in-ring product, and WWEs booking of them (glorified underwear modeling).

In ring AEW is superior to those levels of Divas, based solely on booking.

Y 2 Jake
10-11-2020, 03:11 PM
I think more people would care about the AEW women if they wrestled topless.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-12-2020, 11:39 AM
About the only way the last 6 months or so would?ve provided anything interesting.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-14-2020, 06:45 PM
I'm completely lost on that Britt Baker segment.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-14-2020, 08:00 PM
Eddie Kingston in a world title feud. Take my money.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-16-2020, 03:51 PM
He?s good on the mic.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-21-2020, 06:57 PM
Fenix vs Penta was one of the best matches of the year. Eddie Kingston's promos are the best in wrestling rn. Miro needs to get away from Kip Sabian ASAP.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-28-2020, 06:21 PM
Eddie Kingston is my favorite wrestler.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-28-2020, 09:34 PM
He?s great on the mic, but his ring work is just ok. I?m not huge on ring work, so it doesn?t bother me, but it?s true.

Fire Marshall Bill
10-28-2020, 09:45 PM
I?m also liking Taz?s promos. Mox?s promo tonight was good as well. I haven?t finished tonight?s show yet, but so far it?s good. Though I?m at Cody/Cassidy right now and Cody?s pants are absolutely terrible.

Yer Maw
10-29-2020, 04:44 PM
They're really having one episode to set up Page v Omega? Seems silly to me

BestSportsEntertainer
11-04-2020, 07:16 PM
Jericho's commentary is like someone thought Gus Johnson was too quiet

BestSportsEntertainer
11-04-2020, 07:24 PM
No one else could make this feud work like Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston

Y 2 Jake
11-05-2020, 08:16 AM
If it was anybody but Moxley and Kingston it wouldn't be Moxley vs. Kingston.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-05-2020, 06:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6SzgTUPggQ

BestSportsEntertainer
11-07-2020, 06:11 PM
AEW women only get screentime during Kenny Omega's entrance

Y 2 Jake
11-07-2020, 06:23 PM
Omega should win and should take his world title opportunity immediately after Moxley vs. Kingston.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-08-2020, 07:50 AM
Matt Hardy vs Sammy Guevara was a failure. Sammy choked Matt out with the ring ropes and hit a Swanton Bomb through a table, and Matt STILL kicked out and later won the match.

Matt Hardy should never win a match over a young, homegrown talent with as much potential as Sammy Guevara.

Y 2 Jake
11-08-2020, 08:46 AM
Matt has no upside in 2020.

BestSportsEntertainer
11-11-2020, 07:04 PM
That was Jericho and MJF's best segment in a while.

Yer Maw
11-12-2020, 04:32 AM
I can't wait for the dream match of Wardlow v Jake Hager

Fire Marshall Bill
11-18-2020, 06:35 PM
There?s no such thing as 100 proof Everclear.

Storm Trooper
11-18-2020, 08:01 PM
The fact that Renee Paquette's pregnancy was announced by Jon Moxley casually during a promo is hilarious.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-02-2020, 06:18 PM
AEW copying WWE by doing a Battle Royal

Storm Trooper
12-02-2020, 07:05 PM
AEW copying WWE by doing a Battle Royal
lol.

I am gonna give them credit for Wardlow knowing the Orange Cassidy was not eliminated and dragging him into the ring. Nice to see them mock KBs favorite Battle Royal ending.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-02-2020, 07:07 PM
Ok this is awesome.

Fire Marshall Bill
12-02-2020, 07:14 PM
Didn?t see that coming. Not sure how much he can really do anymore, but he provides a huge name in pro wrestling.

Storm Trooper
12-02-2020, 07:20 PM
Why did 4 men (3 of which are active competitors, one of which was holding a weapon) run away from a 60 year old man with a weapon? They really failed at math.

It was awesome, but still.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-02-2020, 07:21 PM
They don't need four commentators.

Storm Trooper
12-02-2020, 07:31 PM
Did they bring in Don Callis for this match? Why? Why do you bring in a guest commentator for the biggest match in the history of your TV show? Unless Impact is gonna interfere or something there's no reason for it.

Storm Trooper
12-02-2020, 08:33 PM
Did they bring in Don Callis for this match? Why? Why do you bring in a guest commentator for the biggest match in the history of your TV show? Unless Impact is gonna interfere or something there's no reason for it.
I really can't believe that they are actually doing something with Impact.

I said it as a joke. But it's not. I don't care how good Impact has been. They're minor league. AEW wants to be thought of as a major league yet they need to piggy back off of IMPACT? What the fuck is wrong with them. Stop working with these other promotions and just beat those other promotions.

Best part is the AEW champ will make his first appearance as champion on another promotions show, of which I won't be able to see because I don't get the network. Great job AEW.

Y 2 Jake
12-03-2020, 03:40 AM
Impact is great but it is such a minor league show. They should try to get almost all of their talent when their contracts expire, particularly from their women's division.

But I don't see the logic here.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-03-2020, 04:00 AM
Can we take a second and let this play out?

Fire Marshall Bill
12-03-2020, 05:02 AM
Unless they?re buying impact, it is kind of stupid to have your brand new champ appear on another show that most people can?t watch.

Alex
12-03-2020, 05:54 AM
You can watch Impact the next day on their streaming service for free. That's how I watch them.

I thought people wanted inter promotional stuff between companies. You get it and you complain it's not the right company.

I don't see the problem. Impact could do with the exposure and it might legitimise them in the eyes of a lot of people. AEW shows they can work with other promotions and if done well might endear them to places like ROH, NJPW etc. It seems similar to WWE working with ECW in the mid 90s.

Just so long as AEW guys aren't beating Impact talent left, right and centre it should work out.

Yer Maw
12-03-2020, 06:06 AM
People are never happy. Why don't we just wait and see how it plays out before shitting all over it?

Fire Marshall Bill
12-03-2020, 07:03 AM
I didn?t even know they had a streaming service. That said, I already watch 3 wrestling shows a week. That?s enough for me. I don?t even watch NXT.

Storm Trooper
12-03-2020, 08:06 AM
You can watch Impact the next day on their streaming service for free. That's how I watch them.

I thought people wanted inter promotional stuff between companies. You get it and you complain it's not the right company.

I don't see the problem. Impact could do with the exposure and it might legitimise them in the eyes of a lot of people. AEW shows they can work with other promotions and if done well might endear them to places like ROH, NJPW etc. It seems similar to WWE working with ECW in the mid 90s.

Just so long as AEW guys aren't beating Impact talent left, right and centre it should work out.
I don't know why anyone wants inter-promotional stuff. Your guy gets beat by another promotions guy and you get nothing out of it.

If you must, there are 2 ways you can do inter-promotional stuff and have it make sense.
1. 2 companies on the same level fighting each other
2. 1 major company helping a minor company.

In the case of 1, everyone fights everyone and it makes sense since they're all on same level. In the case of 2, the major company has its midcard and lower fight the top guys from the other company, since that's the level the other company is at.

The ECW invasion of the mid 90's involved ECWs top guys and WWE jobbers. Hence why there was some semblance of it working. You didn't see Shawn Michaels touch the ECW stuff. Why? because that makes no sense.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-03-2020, 08:19 AM
If it's entertaining, why does all of that matter?

Y 2 Jake
12-03-2020, 11:12 AM
I don't much care for AEW so having them permeate into my current favourite wrestling show doesn't interest me an awful lot.

But I don't care about the business side of things but if I did this could be good for Impact.

Y 2 Jake
12-03-2020, 11:16 AM
Also, Sting? Sure for odd appearances but as a regular character?

I don't get it and I don't want one of his shirts so their ploy hasn't worked on me.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-09-2020, 06:32 PM
Why does everything have to revolve around Cody? IMO he's not a big enough star.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-09-2020, 06:49 PM
^ Agreed.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-09-2020, 07:09 PM
Sting and Shaq would've been so awesome in 1998. Not so much in 2020.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-09-2020, 07:34 PM
I like Kenny Omega as a heel.

Y 2 Jake
12-10-2020, 05:21 AM
This incarnation of Cody is just as conceited as Dashing Cody. That's the problem.

Fallout
12-10-2020, 07:05 AM
AEW is starting to face similar problems that WCW faced, in that building up newer talent seems to be an issue, and there's already seeming to be some stagnation at the top of the card. I suppose it's still early days, but since they cut the nuts off MJF, only Omega, Moxley, Jericho and Cody really feel like main eventers. I prefer Omega as a heel (to be honest, something about him as a face screams lower-card comedy guy, despite his in-ring work being solid), but I'd even say he's a stretch at this point despite being champ.

With WWE, you feel like a lot more guys can step up into the main event scene and be completely comfortable. Sure, they've had more time to be built up than AEW's existence, but there's at least 5 wrestlers per brand you could just pluck out to face Drew or Roman and get a match that feels satisfying and warranted. The biggest problem with Moxley's reign was just throwing random people Tazz managed to challenge him and lose, as they treaded water between the questionable MJF loss and the Omega heel turn.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-16-2020, 06:44 PM
Wow that was one of the Eddie Kingston's best promos yet. Short but very sweet.

BestSportsEntertainer
12-23-2020, 09:07 PM
I love Eddie Kingston's random hatred of Tony Schiavone lol

Storm Trooper
12-28-2020, 06:25 PM
So New Years Smash was (rightly) pushed back a week (1/6 and 1/13). This weeks Dynamite is a tribute to Mr. Brodie Lee.

Tony Khan tweeted out the card.

-1’s Favorites (-1 is Brodie Jr) Team For One Night Only:
Cody, Orange Cassidy & 10 v. Team Taz

Young Bucks/Colt Cabana v. Matt Hardy/Private Party

Hangman/Silver/Reynolds v. MJF/Santana/Ortiz

Anna Jay/Tay Conti v. Dr. Britt Baker/Penelope

Lance Archer/Uno/Stu v. Kingston/Butcher/Blade

I like the idea of putting Dark Order in every match. I also 100% expect every Dark Order member to win their matches.

Y 2 Jake
12-29-2020, 05:02 AM
What do they do with Dark Order now?

Storm Trooper
12-29-2020, 08:38 AM
What do they do with Dark Order now?
1. I wouldn't be surprised if they become faces, at least in the short-term. Kinda have to as they will undoubtedly be cheered regardless of their actions.
2. Keep what they've been at, with Evil Uno stepping up again to be the leader.
3. The group collapsing without The Exalted One.

I kinda think they'll do 1, and I think in a while they can turn heel again with Uno in charge.

Yer Maw
12-30-2020, 10:52 AM
I think Dynamite will have their biggest ever rating tonight

Storm Trooper
12-30-2020, 10:55 AM
I think Dynamite will have their biggest ever rating tonight
Probably. I plan on watching tonight and then watching NXT on my DVR afterwards. I normally watch NXT and skim through AEW on my DVR.

Fallout
12-31-2020, 12:18 PM
I've always thought Uno had the potential to lead the Dark Order, even before Brodie was in the picture. Obviously Brodie was the better choice of the two, but with Brodie no longer being with us, I think this could be a breakout moment for Uno, the guy has a unique identity in and out of the ring that defines him from everyone else in mainstream wrestling today, let alone AEW.

Y 2 Jake
12-31-2020, 02:51 PM
I think he's crap, like the majority of Dark Order, which is a shame. It's going to be difficult to effectively book that group now and they weren't doing a sterling job before.

Storm Trooper
12-31-2020, 05:49 PM
I think he's crap, like the majority of Dark Order, which is a shame. It's going to be difficult to effectively book that group now and they weren't doing a sterling job before.
They were terribly booked.

I hate to say it this is the perfect opportunity to fix it. The easy route is to rally around the loss of their leader and soar to new heights under Evil Uno. Hell they can have Erick Redbeard (Rowan) take over for him too if he is there for more than a 1-off.

Or they can also have the group crumble without his leadership, but given the circumstances that feels a bit wrong.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-06-2021, 06:14 PM
Maybe it's just me but I don't care about these opening tag team matches anymore. They're all the same.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-06-2021, 06:51 PM
Team Tazz is cutting a promo. Sting comes out. Team Tazz runs away. Staredown. Every single week.

Why are 3 wrestlers, 2 of them bigger guys, in their prime running away from a 60 year old man?

Storm Trooper
01-06-2021, 06:58 PM
Team Tazz is cutting a promo. Sting comes out. Team Tazz runs away. Staredown. Every single week.

Why are 3 wrestlers, 2 of them bigger guys, in their prime running away from a 60 year old man?
3 wrestlers AND a manager. It's 4 on 2. I am yet to understand this. They're even making fun of one of them for being so small, and they run away when Old Man Sting comes out.

If they're afraid of the bat/skateboard, just bring a weapon with you the next week.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-06-2021, 07:11 PM
WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL CHRIS JERICHO TO STOP SCREAMING SO MUCH?!?!

Tonight hasn't been a bad show, but there's a lot holding this show back from being great.

Awesome_Miz
01-06-2021, 07:31 PM
3 wrestlers AND a manager. It's 4 on 2. I am yet to understand this. They're even making fun of one of them for being so small, and they run away when Old Man Sting comes out.

If they're afraid of the bat/skateboard, just bring a weapon with you the next week.

This. Why haven’t they just bring in some “equalizers” like some chairs, kendo sticks, or something. I’ve questioned that problem after the second week of this feud.