PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Samoa Joe at WrestleMania?

Dave
03-01-2018, 02:30 AM
Reports are saying that Samoa Joe will be back in Mid-march after recovering from the foot injury that kept him out of the Royal Rumble. With that in mind, I'm wondering what people think will happen to him come WrestleMania?

Joe is a real talent and I think the WWE really like him. He's been influenced feuds with some of the biggest superstars in the company and he has been reasonably successful in those endeavours. He seems to have been promoted to this, kind of, S-tier enforcer that seems to be really working for him. The crowd really like him and he's got a real good following.

For me, if he's fit, I'd love to see him battle Braun at WrestleMania - especially if they are just tossing Strowman into a multi man match for the IC Championship. I'd much rather see these two behemoths beat each other senseless in a no DQ match for 20 minutes than see them both tucked away somewhere worthless.

FunKay
03-01-2018, 04:35 AM
The rumour is that Cena requested he or Rey Mysterio (that's covered elsewhere) be his opponent at Mania. Now if Taker's out and Mysterio can't for whatever reason (he's working for New Japan versus Liger that weekend, but it shouldn't stop him as that's a one and done deal), then Cena versus Joe is something I'd love to see.

Otherwise, I don't really know. In both his Lesnar and Reigns feuds he was built up, just to lose to them. A definitive win in a programme would be nice, and if he gets put with Strowman, which would be really fun don't get me wrong, he won't get that. Maybe keep him off TV and have him win the ARMBR as a surprise return? Adding him to the IC cluster does nothing for me personally unless he's winning it which I doubt. There are a few possibilities, I just hope he gets to appear on Mania after missing last year.

Skairipa
03-01-2018, 01:41 PM
I'm all for Joe vs Strowman, letting those 2 hosses beat the hell out of each other for 15-20 minutes would be extremely entertaining for me. I'd also be good with Joe vs Cena since it could give Joe a big win on his first Mania, but I wouldn't be down for the latter if Cena goes over because as mentioned above Joe could use a feud win.

If he wasn't facing one of those two, maybe send him over to Smackdown and have him beat Roode for the US Title on the grandest stage of em all.

Dave
03-01-2018, 03:17 PM
I'm all for Joe vs Strowman, letting those 2 hosses beat the hell out of each other for 15-20 minutes would be extremely entertaining for me. I'd also be good with Joe vs Cena since it could give Joe a big win on his first Mania, but I wouldn't be down for the latter if Cena goes over because as mentioned above Joe could use a feud win.

If he wasn't facing one of those two, maybe send him over to Smackdown and have him beat Roode for the US Title on the grandest stage of em all.

I'd be more than okay with Roode versus Samoa Joe for the US Championship at Mania actually. Two guys that know each other very well and can go some? Yeah, that;d be pretty good to be honest. I don't know who I'd rather see win that match, honestly. But I think that Joe needs it a bit more. Hypothetical, of course.

Leobeast
03-01-2018, 04:03 PM
If they can't give him something meaningful that can have some actual build up, I'd rather they just leave him off and have him return on Raw the night after. I don't want to see him shoved in the battle royal or thrown in a multi-man clusterfuck.

klunderbunker
03-01-2018, 11:47 PM
If Samoa Joe is back in time for Wrestlemania, you can almost bet that he'll be thrown into the multi-man match for the Intercontinental Title. As far as WWE is concerned, that's the best use for people that are a big deal but not important enough for one of the top spots. I'd love to see Strowman vs. Joe as it's a case where either guy could win, which is how things should be more often than not. But yeah, I wouldn't bet on Joe getting a story. Why do the work when you don't have to?

DNA 2.0
03-02-2018, 01:30 PM
Cena wanted Joe, but if Joe doesn't make it in time for Wrestlemania then they'll throw him into the IC title match. Which I think is a waste but then again, they have SO MUCH good talent that they can't leave out of the show.

Jack-Hammer
03-02-2018, 02:28 PM
I'd be fine with Joe vs. Strowman, I'd also be fine with Joe being added to the Intercontinental Championship match.

Officials are said to be high on Joe, and for good reason, but the problem is that Joe has had some injury issues that've sidelined him a couple of times. If he can stay healthy, I wouldn't mind seeing Joe head to SmackDown in the post WrestleMania draft, superstar shakeup or whatever Vince wants to call it for something of a fresh start. Joe would be a great fit in either the US or WWE Championship pictures.

Bill Lesnar
03-03-2018, 03:30 PM
Bill Lesnar would save his return for the raw after wrestlemania, where he announces himself as Reigns's first challenger.

Shocky
03-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Mysterio vs. Cena isn’t the dream match some people are building it up to be. Joe vs. Cena is by far a bigger match than that one, no disrespect to Rey. I’m in the camp that if it’s not Cena, then it’s Joe vs. Braun in a battle of monsters.

Bill Lesnar
03-06-2018, 08:16 AM
Bill Lesnar doesnt understand the Cena vs Mysterio 'Dream Match' hype either. Maybe back in 2007, but it wasnt a must do. Bill Lesnar said there have been many wrestlemania's since and fans never clamoured for this match. Bill Lesnar also states that Mysterio's star has fallen alot, and he's midcard at best now. Bill Lesnar doesnt understand where the sudden attraction for this match has come from. Mysterio has never ever been involved in any dream wrestlemania match scenario in his career.

Bill Lesnar states that the only match for Cena is Undertaker. He thinks and hopes the match will happen. It is the real dream match.

As Bill Lesnar put up above, he hopes Samoe Joe comes back at the raw after mania, challenging Reigns. But if he were to be at wrestlemania, he wouldnt mind a marquee hoss match with strowman. He would hope Samoa Joe goes after Strowman like he did with Brock, and they look even in the build up.

jmt225
03-06-2018, 12:15 PM
I want Joe vs. Cena. There's such a good story to be told there with the fact that they were in wrestling school together and how differently their careers went afterward. And I just know that they would give us a killer match.

I wish Strowman could do something with The Rock or Batista, but that seems like out of the realm of possibility. Maybe let Strowman do an open challenge and have Rusev accept it. Would be the pop of the night, if nothing else.

Dark Grin
03-06-2018, 01:12 PM
Bill Lesnar would save his return for the raw after wrestlemania, where he announces himself as Reigns's first challenger.

I agree w Bill Lesnar. Joe returns to face Roman while Strowman faces off w Lashley. Build to Reigns/Strowman at Summerslam.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-11-2018, 11:37 PM
If they can't give him something meaningful that can have some actual build up, I'd rather they just leave him off and have him return on Raw the night after. I don't want to see him shoved in the battle royal or thrown in a multi-man clusterfuck.

Agreed. Unless he comes back fully recovered tomorrow night and starts a feud with Cena or Strowman (or even Mysterio), then have him return after Mania.

He should be treated like a big deal and one of the bigger stars on Raw. He was competitive against Lesnar and has one of the most interesting and believable characters in WWE. He absolutely should not be wasted in some meaningless Battle Royal.

DNA 2.0
03-29-2018, 12:40 AM

Bill Lesnar could be correct in this one. There's really no space for Joe and if he's going to face Reigns for the title, there's no spot for him at Wrestlemania.

Although, I feel bad for Joe. He's been with the company since 2015, and he still hasn't been at Wrestlemania. That would be a nice story for WM 35.

jmt225
03-29-2018, 03:40 AM
Joe would be the perfect partner for Bryan if Shane can't go at 'Mania.

Y 2 Jake
03-29-2018, 04:07 AM
I don't think Joe teaming with Bryan would do much for Joe as a monster. He'd be required to take a pasting from Zayn and Owens before Bryan comes in and cleans house.