PDA

View Full Version : Worst Wrestler Of The Year

klunderbunker
01-11-2020, 11:12 AM
Your mileage may vary.

Spidey
01-11-2020, 01:17 PM
Shane McMahon was born into the business. At almost 50, he has yet to throw a believable punch.

Whatever prejudice folks might have for short men gotta go out the window for that. Surely.

Fallout
01-11-2020, 01:19 PM
Shane McMahon was born into the business. At almost 50, he has yet to throw a believable punch.

Whatever prejudice folks might have for short men gotta go out the window for that. Surely.

I'll give some credit to Shane: He's very good considering he isn't a wrestler.

But he's being treated as a wrestler. That would be like drafting me onto the Olympic team for swimming. I'm a good swimmer, but I'm far and fucking away from being Olympic tier.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
01-11-2020, 01:37 PM
Out of all of them, Dana Brooke is the worst.

Spidey
01-11-2020, 01:43 PM
Shane has spent too much time in the ring for me to shrug and say he's not one.

Jack-Hammer
01-12-2020, 12:52 PM
I had to go with Marko Stunt. Had he not shown up on the scene, I'd have probably gone with Shane McMahon but Stunt...it's hard for me to not consider someone the worst when watching them makes me feel embarrassed to be a wrestling fan. I remember, it wasn't long ago in fact, hearing that Dave Meltzer actually went and compared this guy to a young Rey Mysterio and that basically sealed the deal, as far as I'm concerned, as to whether or not Meltzer has lost it. Mysterio was an innovative dynamo who helped introduce a different style that most American fans hadn't seen before while Marko Stunt is a comedy jobber that looks like a 12 year old wandered away from his mom & dad and got in the ring accidentally.

Spidey
01-12-2020, 02:45 PM
I wonder how shitty we sound to non-wrestling fans sometimes.

Storm Trooper
01-12-2020, 10:42 PM
All of these people are better than some idiots at low level indy shows. So none of them are the worst wrestler of the year.

Of the list, Marko Stunt is the most annoyingly booked based on his appearance (not just size but his facial appearance is that of a child), and Shane McMahon is booked the strongest undeservingly. The rest are unworthy of being on the list.

Since Shane McMahon is no longer active (thank Jesus) I'm leaning towards Marko Stunt.

Spidey
01-12-2020, 11:52 PM
I'd argue Of The Year still means the bulk of 2019 and nobody took up as much space for no reason like Shane. Not Marko or Dana - two very minor characters.

I wanna preface by saying I don't think Stunt is great. He's as shit ringwise as Alexa Bliss but taller and without the gift of gab. Sure, I'd argue most crap he gets comes from flat out prejudice here but different strokes. He has a punchable face. I get it

But reality is I spent much of last year reading how shit Shane was here and on Discord that I'd absolutely think a few of you LDers are positively mad if you do not vote for him. Unlike the rest, he was a constant complaint.

Lee
01-12-2020, 11:54 PM
It's Ziggler. It's always Ziggler.

Echelon
01-13-2020, 12:29 AM
Voted Marko Stunt. But yeah, fuck Ziggler.

Fallout
01-13-2020, 12:34 AM
I can at least forgive Stunt because he fulfils some kind of niche, even if it isn't one that's especially welcome.

Shane on the other hand had no business being promoted as a serious wrestler as he has. I'm not an Olympic swimmer, nor is Shane a WWE-tier wrestler, especially at this point in his life.

And Ziggler is more mundane in terms of character than he is a bad wrestler.

Storm Trooper
01-13-2020, 03:48 AM
I'd argue Of The Year still means the bulk of 2019 and nobody took up as much space for no reason like Shane. Not Marko or Dana - two very minor characters.

I wanna preface by saying I don't think Stunt is great. He's as shit ringwise as Alexa Bliss but taller and without the gift of gab. Sure, I'd argue most crap he gets comes from flat out prejudice here but different strokes. He has a punchable face. I get it

But reality is I spent much of last year reading how shit Shane was here and on Discord that I'd absolutely think a few of you LDers are positively mad if you do not vote for him. Unlike the rest, he was a constant complaint.
Marko Stunt wrestler 12 AEW matches in 2019 between May and December (1.5 matches per month). Shane McMahon 15 between January and October (1.5 matches per month). So in essence they wrestled the same number of TV matches. Yes Shane was in more featured bouts and storylines, but honestly the main issue people had with Shane was that he was winning when he should have lost. No one complained when he came back or during his first run with the company. As such it's a booking thing.

Marko Stunt is just completely unwatchable for me. I can watch Shane. Hence why I'd go Marko.

Y 2 Jake
01-13-2020, 11:31 AM
The Undertaker