PDA

View Full Version : Non-Wrestler Of The Decade

klunderbunker
01-12-2020, 07:57 PM
I Wonder Who Gets This.

Storm Trooper
01-12-2020, 09:59 PM
I know this is pretty much "The Paul Heyman Award" now, but I'm gonna go in a different direction.

As much as I like Paul Heyman, I feel like he can overstay his welcome a bit. And his work this decade includes his runs with Curtis Axel and Ryback, both of which were forced, and his work with Cesaro which he spent just talking about Brock Lesnar (which really hurt his push more than anything else).

I'm going for William Regal. He is the perfect General Manager. He rarely makes in-person appearances, never gets personally involved in storylines, and when he makes appearances he never overstays his welcome.

And if you're gonna include Paul Heymans backstage role, well William Regal pretty much scouted everyone who went through NXT, which is more than running RAW for the last 6 months.

Skairipa
01-13-2020, 12:44 AM
Showing some love for Brandi, she's a great manager and Heyman has been the same god damn promo for years now so fuck him, anyone could do that.

Echelon
01-13-2020, 12:55 AM
Paul Heyman will go down as the last truly great wrestling manager. Voting him.

Spidey
01-13-2020, 12:57 AM
I don't recall Regal ever regurgitating lines.

Fallout
01-13-2020, 01:09 AM
No disrespect to anyone else on that list or who voted otherwise, but I think it's just contrarian not to vote for Heyman on this one.

Барбоса
01-13-2020, 04:09 AM
Its Dario Cueto for me.

An actor with no wrestling experience plays a combination of wrestling manager, match-making GM, evil GM and central storyline driving force to perfection, making everything he was involved in better.

He was in effect a combination of Mr McMahon, William Regal and Paul Heyman.

Storm Trooper
01-13-2020, 05:59 AM
Its Dario Cueto for me.

An actor with no wrestling experience plays a combination of wrestling manager, match-making GM, evil GM and central storyline driving force to perfection, making everything he was involved in better.

He was in effect a combination of Mr McMahon, William Regal and Paul Heyman.
I heard great things about him, but I saw only the first couple episodes of Lucha Underground after it was on Netflix. But would I be surprised that a professional actor acted well? Not at all.