klunderbunker
01-12-2020, 09:21 PM
The bad ones you remember.

Echelon
01-13-2020, 12:51 AM
TNA blows.

Fallout
01-13-2020, 01:07 AM
I don't think I've seen an angle as ball-gratingly agonising to sit through in the Authority.

It should have died at Survivor Series 2014, when Sting debuted. Instead, IT KEPT GOING FOR TWO MORE YEARS.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
01-13-2020, 03:08 AM
The Anonymous Raw General Manager seemed like a good idea at first, wondering who could it be.....then they dragged it out.....and it went on forever with the absolute worst possible pay off with Hornswoggle. What a waste of time. That's maybe a three week story with a Stone Cold Steve Auston or somebody worthwhile being the mystery guy....not a year.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
01-14-2020, 09:16 AM
Any storyline that turns one of my favorites into a fuck gets my vote

Spidey
01-14-2020, 10:00 AM
The Authority thing is a curiosity to me. Just about every fan I talk to about it agree it sucked but then they'll later praise heel Seth Rollins, Samoa Joe, J&J Security, and lately Corporate Kane. Can't rightly vote for something that seemed to have as many good parts as The Authority did.

The Lana and Rusev thing is great in how bad it is. Feel it deserves a bit of love honest.

Rollins vs Fiend made me feel stupid and I haven't watched Raw or participated in LDs since. No angle made me feel like I wasted my time.

SSJPhenom
01-14-2020, 11:20 AM
I have to go with the Anonymous Raw GM. Damn, every time that little thing would go off and Michael Cole would stand up with, "Can I have your attention please?" "And I quote!" I wanted to change the channel. The pay off sucked ass too.

Fallout
01-14-2020, 01:17 PM
Heel Rollins was not inherently reliant on the Authority to succeed. J&J were serviceable comic relief, but that's about it. Corporate Kane was garbage. And I don't even remember Joe being a part of it.

Spidey
01-14-2020, 02:43 PM
Heel Rollins was not inherently reliant on the Authority to succeed.

Heel Rollins spent his entire reign playing the chickenshit who needed Kane, J&J, etc to retain. He may have won a few times without their help, but that's like saying Triple H didn't rely on Evolution. Not sure how that isn't inherently reliant.

J&J were serviceable comic relief, but that's about it.

Then they played their part well. I'm not seeing the problem.

Corporate Kane was garbage.

That everybody in the LDs and Discord were happy to see again when they were in Knoxville.

Kane got shit on because he wasn't doing the pyro monster thing anymore. They dulled him down for fans to boo him. In hindsight Corporate Kane wasn't that terrible a character. We just seem to want everybody to have these big awesome parts and stories aren't written that way.

And I don't even remember Joe being a part of it.

He was Trips's lackey when Seth turned on The Authority. It culminated into the King Slayer thing, another aspect of Rollins fans liked that was brought on because The Authority were around.

I almost forgot Authority went on to be a thing again just for Ronda Rousey to knock them down too. Another thing fans liked.

The more I think about it the more I'm not getting the hate for The Authority. They definitely don't deserve to be called Worst Of The Decade when the angle itself helped out so many people.

It ran too long maybe, but so did Anonymous Raw GM. Major difference between the two is that several people got over thanks to The Authority. Nobody did with Raw GM.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-14-2020, 06:20 PM
This was the easiest category to decide.

Anonymous Raw GM was played out after 2 weeks but somehow lasted over a year. The payoff was... Hornswoggle.

Literally the only things the story accomplished was wasting a lot of time and getting heat on Michael Cole.

A few angles here are worse but don't have the longevity.

Storm Trooper
01-15-2020, 08:25 AM
The more I think about it the more I'm not getting the hate for The Authority. They definitely don't deserve to be called Worst Of The Decade when the angle itself helped out so many people.

Exactly. The Authority was awesome. Best part is we got more Motorhead, as they used King of Kings for their entrance music. Probably my favorite HHH/Motorhead song.

I voted for Kevin Nash Texting himself because it inserted a way past his prime Kevin Nash into the height of CM Punks popularity.

Stone Cold Tea
01-15-2020, 09:57 AM
Wyatt almost got a huge face turn in 2015 when he cut a promo on the Authority and it was going against Rollins and Cena at RR 2015 when Brock and The Authority bumped heads that began Brocks face run 8 months after HE BROKE THE STREAK. The Authority weren't all bad.

I'm disappointed that Jason Jordan is Kurt Angles son isn't on here.

Stone Cold Tea
01-15-2020, 09:58 AM
I'll vote Big Show is broke because it's less believable in wrestling than a dead man rising out the grave.