PDA

View Full Version : Super ShowDown: WWE Universal Championship - "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt (c) VS. Goldberg

Jack-Hammer
02-08-2020, 02:26 PM
This match was officially announced on last night's episode of SmackDown and I felt a quiver in my liver the moment it was, but not in a good way.

I truly hope this doesn't go down but I can honestly say that I can see Vince McMahon have Goldberg defeat Bray Wyatt to become Universal Champion. Why? So he can indulge himself in more of the chest beating, alpha male bull crap that he's so fond of for WrestleMania. It'll be the old alpha vs. the young alpha: Goldberg vs. Roman Reigns. It'd come off as another one of those inorganic, manufactured moments that've dogged Roman Reigns' career because fans just haven't embraced them in the past. It'd probably be different this time around and fans wouldn't boo him out of the building....although it's possible they would as a LOT, and I mean a LOT, of fans really dig Bray Wyatt right now and it's understandable why.

This would be a great opportunity for WWE to do something it's needed to do for a long time: use one of these still somewhat viable legends to give a rub to a modern star instead of the other way around. Bray Wyatt should NOT drop the Universal Championship to Bill Goldberg at Super ShowDown, IMO, and I hope Vince can see that as well. Wyatt has a ton of sustained momentum right now, for once in his WWE career and the only thing this would accomplish is undo all that. However, Vince sometimes immerses himself in logic that makes sense only to him so that's why it's entirely possible Goldberg, over the hill, never could wrestle in the first place, bald but non-racist Ultimate Warrior could win. After all, Vince thought his idea for the ending to Rollins vs. Wyatt at HIAC was brilliant despite pretty much the whole damn company telling him otherwise and it turned out to be an even bigger flop than Cats, so there's no way to know where this thing goes.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-08-2020, 02:37 PM
I truly hope this doesn't go down but I can honestly say that I can see Vince McMahon have Goldberg defeat Bray Wyatt to become Universal Champion. Why? So he can indulge himself in more of the chest beating, alpha male bull crap that he's so fond of for WrestleMania.

We get it

Y 2 Jake
02-08-2020, 03:22 PM
I dunno, Reigns vs. Goldberg at Mania appeals to me more than Reigns vs. The Fiend.

I don't think the title will change hands but I do think they need to get the title off Wyatt.

Undying
02-08-2020, 06:37 PM
Reigns vs Fiend is going to boring as all hell because it’s not interesting to see Reigns overcome things. Fiend isn’t going to lose but will look strong in going over Goldberg as much as Reigns vs Goldberg at Mania would be more entertaining.

And Jack-Hammer give it a rest dude. We know your obsession with Vince and that you believe every report you read online. Try posting something once without a mention of him or his liking of superstars that actually draw.

Stone Cold Tea
02-08-2020, 09:44 PM
I hope Brock vs Drew gets moved to Supershow down and he crushes Drew with an F5 faster than he did to Kofi. I hope Wyatt gets speared to hell by Goldberg and then we get Reigns vs Goldberg vs Lesnar so Reigns can unify the titles and begin his decade long reign as face of the company.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-09-2020, 06:29 AM
I see someone else read "the best the way to trigger smarks"

#AbsoluteUnit
02-09-2020, 07:28 AM
I doubt Goldberg wins here.

However, if he does it's not the end of the world.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-09-2020, 09:31 AM
I doubt Goldberg wins here.

However, if he does it's not the end of the world.

It would easily be one of the worst booking decisions ever.

Big Nick Dudley
02-09-2020, 09:34 AM
No clue what it's leading to as I don't watch as close as I used to, but no way Goldberg wins. Then again, the collective explosion(s) of heads would be worth it. Despite the internet narrative of Vince being a moron, he isn't going to slow Wyatt down right now.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-09-2020, 09:58 AM
No clue what it's leading to as I don't watch as close as I used to, but no way Goldberg wins. Then again, the collective explosion(s) of heads would be worth it. Despite the internet narrative of Vince being a moron, he isn't going to slow Wyatt down right now.

As many former wrestlers have said, Vince is a genius. A great businessman. But he's had some horrible creative decisions.

I'm sure Wyatt wins, but I wouldn't completely rule out Goldberg winning.

Spidey
02-09-2020, 10:18 AM
Goldberg would be a world champion in four different decades if he beat Wyatt. Kinda kills the "flash in the pan" argument we'd have ready for tournaments.

I haven't really kept up since HIAC but I'd start watching again for the absurdity of that. Sounds a lot more fun than the alternative, regardless how sad it will make the old perpetual viewers.

OYDK
02-09-2020, 12:53 PM
Wyatt isn't going to lose. Have we not learned that the Saudi shows mean nothing and nothing ever happens on them that means anything? I think there's been one total title change since the inception of these events, and that's only because they had no choice after the HIAC debacle. This is clearly a reason to get Goldberg on the show in a high-profile match, and while I think he will end up facing Reigns at Mania, I don't see it being for a title.

Goldberg winning would be hilarious though, in the worst way possible. It would honestly rank in my personal top 5 worst booking decisions in wrestling history.

Echelon
02-09-2020, 08:09 PM
I'm super excited to see this. Match should be dope. I actually view Goldberg as the underdog here, and other than Brock at Mania II, that's never happened before. Well done WWE for building up the Fiend as something special in the current era. That being said I'm 100% expecting the match to end in DQ. Either someone costs Goldberg the match or Fiend intentionally gets himself disqualified. What would shock the hell out of me is if Goldberg got squashed. Won't happen, but if WWE wants this to be memorable aside from the old vs new lion dynamic, that would be something to see.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
02-10-2020, 04:50 PM
Spear right off the bat....Goldberg jumps to pose right after not knowing The Fiend just stood right back up behind him, Mandible Claw, fights it, Mandible Claw chokeslam, pin.

Big Nick Dudley
02-16-2020, 07:57 AM
Always amazing to read how obsessed people are with "booking decisions" and couldn't care less about how awesome this could actually be. IF Goldberg wins, is that it? The world will end? I know collective heads will explode, but remember that this is a weekly show and, hard as it is to imagine, Wyatt could survive and beat him a month later. I doubt any of this happens, but it would be fun to read the lost-mind reactions.

OYDK
02-16-2020, 08:55 AM
Always amazing to read how obsessed people are with "booking decisions" and couldn't care less about how awesome this could actually be. IF Goldberg wins, is that it? The world will end? I know collective heads will explode, but remember that this is a weekly show and, hard as it is to imagine, Wyatt could survive and beat him a month later. I doubt any of this happens, but it would be fun to read the lost-mind reactions.

It could be awesome, but I've learned not to expect much from Goldberg. If it stays under like, 5 minutes, it should be fun. And the world wouldn't end if Goldberg wins, but it would be a stupid decision to have him beat what is by far WWE's hottest act right now. It's like having Mankind lose to The Ultimate Warrior in a title match in 1999.

Also, I don't think this falls under the "over-obsessed armchair booker" criteria. Some people just don't want to see Goldberg win, period. What's wrong with that?