PDA

View Full Version : Come Express Your Rage Thread

Stone Cold Tea
02-27-2020, 01:23 PM
I fucking hate wrestling. What's the point in that. Fuck Goldberg.

klunderbunker
02-27-2020, 01:51 PM
I fucking hate wrestling. What's the point in that. Fuck Goldberg.

What was the point? Roman Reigns. It's always Roman Reigns.

OYDK
02-27-2020, 02:06 PM
Huge fan of Bray Wyatt and it sucks they did him like that. Goldberg as champ is going to be a two month long snoozefest and people are going to be very apathetic about his match with Reigns. Would have been much more intriguing if the title wasn't on the line. Hopefully Wyatt gets Cena at Mania, but sadly, that doesn't mean even half as much as it used to.

Alex
02-27-2020, 02:08 PM
I haven't watched any wrestling consistently really (except NWA) but going by results pages etc AEW, NWA, Impact etc seem to have a handle on how to build people up effectively so that even when they lose they still keep their credibility. WWE seems to have forgotten how to do that and Bray seems to be the poster child for that

Jack-Hammer
02-27-2020, 02:21 PM
Yeah, I think this has pretty much put me off of buying WrestleMania this year. Truth be told, this has probably just put me off of "the main roster" for a while as well. WWE ultimately went ahead and did the two worst things they could have done for both their main event championship matches: both the challengers were squashed and made to look like they were complete jokes not even worth the time of the wrestlers they faced off against. Ricochet loses in 90 seconds while Bray Wyatt manages to last a whole 3 minutes. Ricochet losing was obvious but why bury the kid? Why not have him pull out a competitive match in which he looks good? As for Bray Wyatt, he should have won this match against Bill Goldberg so, once again, all those months of building this guy up are pretty much finished and wasted on a 50+ year old man who really can't wrestle and never really could wrestle in the first place.

So now, Vince gets his clash of the alpha males with the Universal Championship on the line, even though it didn't need it whatsoever. You've got Roman Reigns in one corner, swaggering about as though he owns the place while Michael Cole calls him "the Big Dog" 20 or 30 times. In the other corner, you have Bill Goldberg, an over the hill gym lunk who snorts and growls while thumping his chest and is one of WWE's greatest embarrassments of the past 10 years. Roman Reigns gets one more big time, manufactured "passing of the torch" moments, Goldberg collects several million dollars for a couple minutes work while Bray Wyatt is made to look like a fool.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-27-2020, 03:17 PM
Yep that was horrible. There's no doubt I complain about and overanalyze WWE all the time, but even the biggest WWE fans can't defend that.

Fiend is everything you could ask for. Larger than life. Charismatic. Arguably the best character since Undertaker. Every complaint people have about today's "indy darlings" don't apply to him.

To lose the championship 5 weeks before WrestleMania in Saudi Arabia is one of the worst booking decisions of all time.

Y 2 Jake
02-27-2020, 04:11 PM
I enjoy the outrage more than anything.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-27-2020, 04:17 PM
I enjoy the outrage more than anything.

10x better than the product :lmao:

JHOLCOMB22
02-27-2020, 05:03 PM
In one case, I get it. Reigns will probably get cheered at Mania when he takes the belt from Goldberg, whereas he would have been booed out of the stadium for taking it from Bray. But this is the WWE looking at the near future instead of any long term booking. This feels a lot like when Dwayne came back to end Punks historic reign.
At the end of the day, I have been down on the product as a whole. Its easy to threaten to walk away. With this, its just as easy to actually do it.

Undying
02-27-2020, 06:17 PM
Nothing better than the tears of the neck beards.

Reigns vs Goldberg is bigger and will be more interesting.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-27-2020, 06:20 PM
Anytime you see any sort of legitimate complaint from fans, just insult them. What a sad mentality.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-27-2020, 06:30 PM
^ That's what it comes down to.

OYDK
02-27-2020, 06:33 PM
I was waiting for the typical "cry neckbeards, cry!" post. Not disappointed.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-27-2020, 06:52 PM
They're supposedly the "true fans". They know so much more about wrestling than all the virgin neckbeard losers online.

Here's what's ironic. They want someone who's charismatic, larger than life, must see, and 100% committed to their character. Someone who can talk on the mic. Someone who appeals to casuals. Someone who doesn't have a generic look and doesn't do 10,000 flips per match and isn't obsessed with 5 star matches. And they get all of that with The Fiend, and yet it's not good enough lol.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-27-2020, 06:53 PM
I'm not even mad. No point in getting all worked up over a wrestling event.

Echelon
02-27-2020, 07:27 PM
Could have been worse. Goldberg could won off one spear in less than 10 seconds. At least it took four spears and Goldberg had to struggle to win. I wouldn't care about this that much if WWE hadn't shown that they're terrible at booking Bray Wyatt. Eagerly awaiting to see him lose at Mania against John or Taker or whatever big name star from 15 years ago that he can't ever beat. That's what Vince constantly did in the past.

Big Nick Dudley
02-27-2020, 08:58 PM
As much as I love seeing smarks cry themselves to sleep, this was a headscratcher. Maybe Wyatt destroys Goldberg and this was all some weird game to him. If not, I don't know....

Storm Trooper
02-28-2020, 12:06 AM
I'm not gonna complain until I see what they book for WrestleMania and then see what they do at WrestleMania. And even then I'm not all that upset about it because it had to be done. Bray Wyatt was not holding the championship until he retires, so he had to be beaten at some point. I would have done it in the Chamber, as a 5 on 1 beatdown on Fiend would make him look super strong in defeat and he could have then had 5 revenge feuds, but he still looks strong given the damage needed to best him.

At the end of the day the mistake was putting the championship on The Fiend in the first place. The Fiend is (like Taker) a guy that doesn't ever need the belt and should only get it when you need an emergency switch or are in a bind of sorts (or you have someone you want to make look like a monster-killer)

I don't know why everyone wanted to see Roman vs. Bray for the title in the middle of WrestleMania (Lesner/McIntyre is closing the show). The feud doesn't really excite me, and putting the title in it makes you all think Roman will win. Roman/Goldberg for the title and Cena/Fiend non-title is a better option than the Cena/Goldberg for nothing and Roman/Fiend for everything. But that's not the best option.

The best option is Goldberg/Cena for the belt and Reigns/Fiend non-title. Cena passing Ric Flair vs. one of the biggest names in the past 20 years is better than Cena vs. Fiend, and Fiend can potentially get his heat back by maybe beating Roman (Breaking news Roman is not unbeatable at Mania like the smarks want you to believe). Then Roman can get the belt off Cena in the coming months (say after Cena does a press tour for Fast 9 while holding the Universal Championship).

This picture (with a blue belt obviously) is (and always was) the best option for post-Mania.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-il56wbAUXdE/WQzMwzUKPnI/AAAAAAAADuI/IOToZCi30UksRab3H-4aFdS62EsDV7BogCLcB/s1600/john_cena_universal_champion_2017_by_lunaticdesign er-daydcg7.png

Stone Cold Tea
02-28-2020, 06:21 AM
I thought we had left the term Smark behind at Wrestlezone. It's a terrible decision no matter how you paint it. The only reason Goldberg got cheered is because it was in Saudi Arabia. I hope he gets crucified I'm the lead up to 'Mania.

At least with Wyatt vs Reigns there would be intrigue. We all know Roman doesnt lose to stars if the past.

Elky
02-28-2020, 08:13 AM
It has nothing to do with neckbeards. WWE looks absolutely stupid to build up Wyatt perfectly like this and then just completely ruin it.

The Fiend character was interesting and got over with fans. No one is really interested in seeing the most hated guy on the roster go against a 53 year old part timer whose matches are shorter than heating up a TV dinner.

Fallout
02-28-2020, 10:50 AM
I think the Fiend is a lame gimmick. But even I think he deserved better than that.

No disrespect to Goldberg, but any good will they managed to rebuild after that HIAC debacle with the Fiend is gone.

Also, I'm kind of sick of the mentality that everyone who doesn't like Lesnar/Goldberg's booking is a smark. I can't stand r/squaredcircle, but I also find "Lesnar smash!" to be incredibly dull.

Fallout
02-28-2020, 11:01 AM
They're supposedly the "true fans". They know so much more about wrestling than all the virgin neckbeard losers online.

Here's what's ironic. They want someone who's charismatic, larger than life, must see, and 100% committed to their character. Someone who can talk on the mic. Someone who appeals to casuals. Someone who doesn't have a generic look and doesn't do 10,000 flips per match and isn't obsessed with 5 star matches. And they get all of that with The Fiend, and yet it's not good enough lol.

It's just contrarianism.

Don't get me wrong, smarks are obnoxious, but so are people who deliberately go out of their way to support anything smarks don't like. Be an independent thinker and like who you want to like, and hate who you want to hate. At the end of the day, our interpretation of wrestling is just as subjective as the next person's.

smarkmouth
02-28-2020, 11:22 AM
My username and I are feeling very attacked in this thread.

Spidey
02-28-2020, 11:31 AM
I don't care about rubs or any other in-the-know talk. I just want to be entertained. No problem with people expressing their opinions, but if it's just me reading the same people that hatewatch choreographed fiction on the reg lose their shit over one match, I can be entertained by that too.

Yer Maw
02-28-2020, 12:48 PM
I didn't watch the show so when I seen Goldberg won on Facebook I just shaked my head. Wasn't mad, not even disappointed cos I wasn't even shocked that it happened. They wonder why they're new stars aren't as over, maybe it's because you have them lose to people who's best days were 20 years ago. He didn't need to beat KO and he damn sure didn't need to beat Wyatt.

smarkmouth
02-28-2020, 12:59 PM
I didn't watch the show so when I seen Goldberg won on Facebook I just shaked my head. Wasn't mad, not even disappointed cos I wasn't even shocked that it happened. They wonder why they're new stars aren't as over, maybe it's because you have them lose to people who's best days were 20 years ago. He didn't need to beat KO and he damn sure didn't need to beat Wyatt.

Do they really wonder, though? It's a well-known mandate that the collective WWE is the brand, not any given superstar. It's not a shock when they kick the legs out from under someone that gets too popular anymore because that's a threat to the brand.

Personally I think we should be impressed by the gumption of Vince. He books like he already has the monopoly on wrestling. :lol:

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
02-28-2020, 05:19 PM
I heard 67 year old Ricky The Dragon Steamboat is winning The WWE Championship at Elimination Chamber.

Big Nick Dudley
02-28-2020, 06:12 PM
Several things can happen. Lots of time left before Wrestlemania. Wyatt can destroy Goldberg and get every ounce of heat back. Maybe it's Goldberg vs. Wyatt at Mania? Roman vs. Cena? Who knows, could be anything. I doubt they just decided to kill Wyatt yesterday. If they did it because Vince doesn't dig Wyatt, then even I'll admit he's totally lost it.

Fire Marshall Bill
02-28-2020, 06:27 PM
It has nothing to do with neckbeards. WWE looks absolutely stupid to build up Wyatt perfectly like this and then just completely ruin it.

The Fiend character was interesting and got over with fans. No one is really interested in seeing the most hated guy on the roster go against a 53 year old part timer whose matches are shorter than heating up a TV dinner.

The ironic thing about this post is itâ??s about 2 years in the past. Reigns being the most hated guy on the roster is long gone. At least for now.

Aeon Mathix
02-28-2020, 06:33 PM
Iâ??m pretty sure it was just so Reigns doesnâ??t get booâ??d taking the title from Goldberg at Mania.

OYDK
02-28-2020, 07:25 PM
Lol match is already official. That was a heck of a build I'll say. And Roman worked so hard to become #1 contender!

#AbsoluteUnit
02-28-2020, 07:35 PM
So, what's the point of the Chamber matches?

Shayna is going to face Becky, and Roman is going to face Goldberg.

Probably will skip it. (Nah, I'll be watching)

Storm Trooper
02-29-2020, 08:03 AM
Lol match is already official. That was a heck of a build I'll say. And Roman worked so hard to become #1 contender!
dominate his most recent feud with an upper midcarder? Be the top guy on the brand for literally the past 6 months? I mean it is fair booking making him #1 contender. Everyone complains about how you get title shots by either pinning the champion or win a random #1 contender match. Well this is old fashioned booking at its finest and there's complaints. What else is new.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-29-2020, 12:10 PM
If all it takes is winning a feud against an upper mid-carder and being a top guy on your brand, then there's a lot of WWE wrestlers over the years who deserved WrestleMania world title matches.

OYDK
02-29-2020, 01:41 PM
dominate his most recent feud with an upper midcarder? Be the top guy on the brand for literally the past 6 months? I mean it is fair booking making him #1 contender. Everyone complains about how you get title shots by either pinning the champion or win a random #1 contender match. Well this is old fashioned booking at its finest and there's complaints. What else is new.

Seriously? The guyâ??s been fighting Baron Corbin for the past year. Howâ??s he been the top guy on the brand? And I wouldnâ??t call this old-fashioned booking. Rarely has someone walked out, demanded a main event title match at Mania and just been handed it without really doing anything for the past forever.

Iâ??m not sure why people are trying to defend this as great storytelling. Itâ??s really, really lazy.

Yer Maw
02-29-2020, 03:10 PM
Going to be a great match.

Spear, jackhammer, kickout, superman punch (x2), spear, kickout, superman punch (x3) spear, kickout, spear through timekeeper guardrail, superman punch (x2), spear (x2) Roman Reigns wins lol.

#AbsoluteUnit
02-29-2020, 03:29 PM
^ That's pretty spot on.

Big Nick Dudley
03-01-2020, 10:26 AM
You can legitimately complain about the lazy face-off start for Goldberg/Reigns, but this type of match could be fun... unless you're a flippy fan and believe Ricochet and those types are REAL wrestlers 😂😂

Storm Trooper
03-02-2020, 06:34 AM
Seriously? The guy’s been fighting Baron Corbin for the past year. How’s he been the top guy on the brand? And I wouldn’t call this old-fashioned booking. Rarely has someone walked out, demanded a main event title match at Mania and just been handed it without really doing anything for the past forever.

I’m not sure why people are trying to defend this as great storytelling. It’s really, really lazy.
He's been closing the show every week in the main event feud. He dominated said Main Event feud. It's pretty cut and dry. He came out and said he was next because off-air the people in charge make him #1 Contender because he has been dominant in the recent months against another top guy.

I'm not saying it's great storytelling. Just saying it's old-school, and that people hate the other methods of determining a #1 Contender.

Big Nick Dudley
03-02-2020, 07:25 AM
I'll take any means of finding a number one contender over another battle royal... unless Teddy Long announces it.

Stone Cold Tea
03-02-2020, 10:51 AM
My issue isn't with Roman, I dont like the fact its Goldberg he's facing. This will be a lame version of Reigns vs Lesnar from 31.