PDA

View Full Version : WrestleMania 36 - Goldberg (c) vs Roman Reigns - Universal Championship

BestSportsEntertainer
03-08-2020, 11:33 PM
This is a dream match. Two larger than life stars in a battle of generations. Sure it will be finisher and kickout heavy, but isn't every big match these days? Many will disagree, but Reigns deserves another WrestleMania moment. He's been out of the main event scene for a year. (Nope I'm not counting his feud with Corbin)

Now this really didn't need the championship, and there was literally no build. Saying catchphrases and pointing to a sign is a bad build for a B-PPV two weeks after a PPV in Saudi Arabia, much less a WrestleMania world championship match.

The current WrestleMania card is great, but Reigns vs Goldberg in a non-title match and Cena going for #17 against the evil murderous Fiend he helped create would've been even better. Oh well.

Y 2 Jake
03-09-2020, 07:39 AM
If it receives a favourable reaction, which I don't think it will, it could be a fun, explosive five minute match. It could also devolve into Lesnar vs. Goldberg from '04. Looking forward to it.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-09-2020, 07:45 AM
I'll laugh if Goldberg retains.

Undying
03-09-2020, 08:34 AM
Yeah this should be about five minutes long but if it’s anywhere close to Brock vs Goldberg at 33 then I will be pleased. Reigns has been in some pretty dreadful matches at Mania since Triple H at 32 so hopefully this is the smashmouth we are hoping for. Would be a great way to start the show too while also getting the potentially negative reaction out of the way.

Jack-Hammer
03-22-2020, 09:07 AM
This match is nothing more than another artificial, non-organic "moment" engineered for Roman Reigns. Roman has won the Royal Rumble, he's won multiple World Championships, he's beaten the Undertaker at WrestleMania but it all came across as just plain ol' meh.

The best thing about this match is that it'll be short, shouldn't be more than 3 minutes as we've seen what happens with Goldberg when they try to work him for longer than that.

smarkmouth
03-26-2020, 07:54 PM
So here's a bombshell. Satin is reporting that Roman Reigns will NOT be competing for the Universal Championship. As someone in remission from leukemia, Roman is immunocompromised and did not feel at ease working at the Performance Center. Props to Roman for making this tough call, nothing but respect for him, but wow is WrestleMania a shitshow!

BestSportsEntertainer
03-26-2020, 08:17 PM
Major props to Reigns for making such a difficult decision.

I don’t know what happens to WrestleMania or the next few weeks of TV, but I’d cancel everything until things get back to normal. They could fill TV time by showing old PPVs, matches, documentaries, etc.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-26-2020, 08:23 PM
Props to the Big Dog.

JHOLCOMB22
03-26-2020, 08:50 PM
I respect Reigns decision. This definitely makes WWE look even more foolish for taking the belt off of Fiend in such a laughable fashion. Goldberg is going to have the longest title of his career now.

Y 2 Jake
03-27-2020, 04:23 AM
It'll probably be Braun. But they should go for broke and pick somebody completely new. Killer Kross maybe, Keith Lee hopefully.

Y 2 Jake
03-27-2020, 04:28 AM
Ohh, Io Shirai. I want that.

Storm Trooper
03-27-2020, 04:54 AM
It'll probably be Braun. But they should go for broke and pick somebody completely new. Killer Kross maybe, Keith Lee hopefully.
This is the perfect time for this match to happen. They're the perfect emergency fill-in challengers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QvAs8LpmRE

Jack-Hammer
03-27-2020, 07:29 AM
This is the perfect time for this match to happen. They're the perfect emergency fill-in challengers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QvAs8LpmRE

It's definitely an opportunity to give a significant rub to somebody on the roster who wasn't already in their 20s or 30s during the Attitude Era.

Strowman is a real possibility as Goldberg vs. Strowman has that whole chest thumping, alpha male shit Vince is always so hot to trot for.

Killer Kross and Keith Lee would definitely throw everyone for a loop, especially if one of them turned out to be the challenger and actually defeated Goldberg for the title. There's probably a 0.00000000001% chance of it being one of them but, personally, I wouldn't hate it.

Another possibility I wouldn't mind seeing: The Fiend popping up, claiming a rematch and WWE rights a wrong that never should've taken place. Since they're taping the matches and can show them in whatever order they want next weekend, Wyatt wrestling two matches won't be an issue. Have him go over John Cena on Saturday and have him face and go over Goldberg on Sunday.

Of course, all of this is moot if WWE, and by WWE I mean Vincent Kennedy McMahon, makes the same old mistake by feeding whomever the challenger is to Goldberg. Jobbing out another guy in his prime to the 53 year old who can't wrestle, and never really could when you get right down to it, will just kill the mood for most of the fans who'll be watching on the Network.

Y 2 Jake
04-04-2020, 04:19 PM
With The Miz's absence from the ladder match Big E was freed up for Roman's spot.