PDA

View Full Version : WrestleMania 36 - Edge vs Randy Orton - Last Man Standing

BestSportsEntertainer
03-17-2020, 03:51 PM
This is all but confirmed, and yep I can't say enough good things about this. Easily the best built match this year.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-17-2020, 04:02 PM
Easily the best built match this year.

By far. It's not even close either. I expect this to be rather good.

Y 2 Jake
03-17-2020, 04:12 PM
Those near 10 counts can ruin the flow of a match even with audience participation. It's the wrong gimmick for this show.

Jack-Hammer
03-22-2020, 08:50 AM
Generally speaking, the build for this match has been by far and away the best for WrestleMania this year. Frankly, it's probably been better than any other WrestleMania match for a fair number of years. Why? Well, for one thing there's an storyline fans can sink their teeth into, that they can understand, that they can relate to in some ways and the creative shackles hampering most members of the WWE roster have obviously been loosened a great deal for Edge and Randy Orton.

Edge returns to the ring in a surprise RR appearance in the best shape he's been in since he was probably in his late 20s to early 30s, he looks great during the match, delivers a strong performance, shows up on Raw, interacts with a close friend before being betrayed, suffers an RKO he sells as though it's done damage to his neck, Orton seems emotionally torn by what he's done & uses it to tease the crap out of the fans for a few weeks, Edge's wife shows up to give an update, is confronted by Orton, tells him off, slaps him, is then assaulted by Orton, etc.. As of right now, Edge's main motivation is to beat up the man who put his hands on his woman. It's the easiest thing in the world to understand and invest in. Why the hell WWE doesn't do stuff like this more often anymore, I have no Earthly idea. Vince HAS to be able to see the difference in quality in terms of storytelling, emotional depth and the work of the wrestlers involved compared to the corporate, canned version of things we usually get.