PDA

View Full Version : WrestleMania 36: WWE Raw Tag Team Championship - The SPs (c) VS. Andrade & Garza

Jack-Hammer
03-24-2020, 07:07 AM
This match was announced last night and like so many, it came out of left field and won't have very much in the way of build. It came out of nowhere as, according to Dave Meltzer, Andrade's match with Rey Mysterio is off as Rey is under quarantine; he either has the Coronavirus or it's suspected that he has. With that being said, this could be a lot of fun and it looks like a lot of fun on paper.

Personally, I thought Andrade & Garza vs. Ricochet & Cedric Alexander was really good. Both teams worked hard and showed just how good all four men are inside the ring. I liked how the booking came off as since these were two brand new teams, the match was booked to look like both were basically on the same level. I fully expected Ricochet and Alexander to be buried but we got a genuinely fun, competitive match out of them and I wouldn't mind seeing these four guys stay as teams going forward. WWE could use some fresh faces in the tag team picture, especially for SmackDown as I'm tired of seeing New Day or the Usos in every other tag title match that's seen.

As for this match, I think it could go either way really. The matches that are going to have the most significant build this year, by far, are Lesnar vs. McIntyre, Goldberg vs. Reigns, Taker vs. Styles, Becky vs. Shayna and Edge vs. Orton and given that the Street Profits only won the titles recently, it just seems too soon. Of course, WWE hasn't done much with the Raw tag titles in quite a while so it's perfectly feasible that they crown new champs here as the Raw straps haven't felt like they particularly matter in a long time.

Y 2 Jake
03-24-2020, 01:53 PM
If there's no Rey I just wouldn't feature Garza or Andrade. The Profits would be better suited to drinking juice in the front row.

Fallout
03-25-2020, 07:06 AM
Wasn't Andrade up there with Drew as one of Heyman's pet projects?

Granted, the circumstances are exceptional across the board, but going from Rey Mysterio to a throw-away tag match is quite a drop.

smarkmouth
03-25-2020, 08:07 AM
Wasn't Andrade up there with Drew as one of Heyman's pet projects?

Granted, the circumstances are exceptional across the board, but going from Rey Mysterio to a throw-away tag match is quite a drop.

For what it's worth, Rey is in quarantine, and there were rumours that they wanted to do Rey's retirement match this year but opted out given the circumstances.