PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night RAW draws lowest viewership ever

BestSportsEntertainer
05-05-2020, 11:19 PM
https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/monday-night-raw-sets-new-record/

The show averaged only 1.686 million viewers, and the 3 hours ranked 3, 4, and 6 in the 18-49 demo.

The coronavirus and lack of fans are obvious factors, but the underlying problem is the awful product. The big questions right now are how much will ratings rise when fans return and how many fans are gone for good.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-06-2020, 01:45 AM
It's probably just me, but I wouldn't put too much thought and effort into this at the moment.

Fallout
05-06-2020, 02:53 PM
I don't think the product is particularly horrendous. There have been way worse periods for RAW in terms of content. I think the problem is the lack of live atmosphere makes the shows feel completely alien and lifeless.

WWE not stopping after Wrestlemania was a mistake, and I think the ratings reflect that. The only good thing that has come out since Wrestlemania is the concept behind the MITB match, which could have been accomplished anyhow.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder after all.

Y 2 Jake
05-07-2020, 12:45 PM
Lots of wrestling fans are bored and not currently working and they don't want to watch it.

Sufferin' Succotash
05-08-2020, 08:04 AM
There's pretty much no genuine stars anymore who can bring in the fans when times are tough.

Y 2 Jake
05-08-2020, 03:25 PM
They should've made some more.

Storm Trooper
05-09-2020, 06:12 AM
They should've made some more.
They have never once made a star. They hired people who were stars, and they were able to rise above everyone else.

This notion that WWE used to make stars is asinine. They didn't make The Rock. Dwayne Johnson made The Rock. WWE did not create Stone Cold Steve Austin. Steve Austin created Stone Cold Steve Austin. WWE did not create John Cena. John Cena created John Cena.

If anything, WWE hasn't hired anyone able to rise above everyone else. Is it their fault? Maybe, but it isn't like those people are flocking to WWE.