PDA

View Full Version : Shad Gaspard likely dead at 39, coast guard ends search

BestSportsEntertainer
05-19-2020, 11:15 AM
https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/wwe-shad-gaspard-coast-guard-ends-search-missing-venice-beach/

After two days of searching for missing former WWE Superstar Shad Gaspard, the United States Coast Guard has reportedly called off their search. A new update from TMZ Sports on Tuesday morning read, 'We know there was at least one boat still searching for Gaspard on Tuesday morning ... but it's become clear the chances of finding the ex-WWE star are fading fast.' Gaspard is still considered missing after he and his son were pulled out into open water by a riptide at Marina del Rey in Venice Beach. Lifeguards swam out to save the two and rescued Gaspard's son (upon his request), but they were unable to reach him before he was submerged by a large wave.

He chose to save his son's life over his own. How courageous and selfless.

Cryme Tyme was one of my favorite tag teams growing up.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-19-2020, 11:33 AM
RIP, very sad to hear.

Cryme Time always gave me a few good laughs.

Question; why was the beach open?

Fallout
05-19-2020, 01:43 PM
It's a damn shame. The guy stopped an armed robbery back in 2016, and got over huge with Cryme Time. If there's any solace, he went out a true hero, putting the life of his child before his.

Fallout
05-20-2020, 07:56 AM
https://twitter.com/austinkellerman/status/1263096635955044352?s=21 Death confirmed. Extremely sad.

Alex
05-20-2020, 09:37 AM
This truly sucks. I was never a massive fan of Cryme Tyme but Shad seemed like a genuine good person. Stopping that robbery in 2016 and getting the lifeguard to save his son first. That's heroism. RIP

Spidey
05-20-2020, 11:17 AM
I realize there is no way for me not to sound insensitive over this. This will come across as low but it's true.

Dude died a stupid and easily preventable death. He put his own kid in harm's way during a global crisis and the least he could have done in that predicament was tell them to take his son. I'm glad he did what a real dad does right then but this is one of those instances where he shouldn't have been in the situation he found himself in to begin with. I'm truly sorry for his family but if he had lived we would be talking about how ignorant he was to have gone to the beach - one of the most dangerous places to be according to post-COVID scientists.

It's tragic and Shad seemed like a nice enough guy irl but I'm not going to call him a hero when he blatantly ignored health officials.

OYDK
05-20-2020, 03:42 PM
Nah, dude's a hero for sure. Shad did more heroic things in 4 years than the majority of people will do throughout their lifetime. Stopped an armed robber with his bare hands and sacrificed his life for his son without a second thought. Just seemed like a great person all around.

I'm sure he's going to get the Warrior Award in the future and it would be extremely well-deserved.

smarkmouth
05-20-2020, 04:23 PM
Yeah, Spidey, this ain't it man. I agree that people shouldn't be on public beaches right now and of Shad had caught COVID and died then this would be a different conversation. Much like we shouldn't judge a victim of violence on what they wear, a man getting pulled away by a sudden riptide merits no judgment.

As mentioned , Gaspard died a hero and we should remember he lived as one as well. I will disagree about him receiving the Warrior Award, as I would much prefer that award be named after someone like Gaspard than Hellwig.

Yaz
05-20-2020, 04:57 PM
Had he followed the warnings of both health officials and weather experts he could still be a hero for the other stuff and still be alive. We need to get past this whole cant speak ill of the dead mindset. Like if he wasn’t famous we wouldn’t care. If he had just been out by himself against warnings and died, people wouldn’t bat an eye at calling it preventable. Did he do something heroic before he died? Yeah, he did, but it was all preventable.

Storm Trooper
05-20-2020, 07:02 PM
What did he do wrong?

The beaches were open. He took his 10 year old to an open beach and got swept up in a riptide.

To say he shouldn't have been there is bullshit. He followed government and health officials guidelines and a completely unrelated incident took his life tragically, to say otherwise is pathetic.

rawlinsc
05-24-2020, 03:06 AM
R.I.P. Cryme Tyme was underrated. They should have held the tag titles.