PDA

View Full Version : Big E doesn't want New Day to ever break up

BestSportsEntertainer
05-20-2020, 07:29 PM
https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/big-e-reveals-there-have-been-ideas-break-new-day-says-it-would-be-lazy-fix

We've heard rumors in the past and had a conversation with a very important person who said, 'Alright, this is the idea.' But we've been adamant about [not breaking up]. I get why fans want a breakup. It's something new. But if you look at the history of breakups, tell me one, besides The Shield - they were always designed to break into individual stars - I can't think of a single break up that benefited all members. Rusev Day was so hot, getting great reactions on a nightly basis. They break up, Aiden turns on Rusev, and then Aiden is off TV two or three weeks later. I don't even think they had a big pay-per-view match. I don't think Rusev's career benefited from it either. The same thing about the Wyatt's. The chances that all three of us would break up and have great runs, I find it to be very slim. Also, we're having so much fun as a group. If you break us up, I'm going to go back to being serious? I'm going to turn on Kofi and now, what kind of dynamic do we have? I don't see a feasible way to do it. We've only scratched the surface on what we can do. It's a lazy fix to break us up.

A New Day breakup could be great, but like anything else, it would have to be done right. Maybe it's best for them to stay together.

Jack-Hammer
05-21-2020, 08:38 AM
I wouldn't mind if New Day stayed together, it's just that the problem is that New Day can and should do more than the tag team titles at this time. New Day has already cemented itself among the greatest tag teams in WWE history. They're right there with the New Age Outlaws, Edge & Christian, the Hardy Boyz and the Dudley Boys but the've ultimately done as much as they can within the tag team ranks.

Personally, i'd love to see Big E get a singles run. He's not only a physical powerhouse, he's also pretty athletic overall, has shown a lot of physical stamina and we know he has the charismatic personality to be a top singles guy. I also wouldn't mind if if Kofi took on more of a managerial role during a Big E singles run. New Day allowed Big E to show that he was FAR more than the one dimensional big man years ago when he was Dolph Ziggler's heavy, so I don't see giving him a singles push as any sort of risk. For instance, WWE could have a pretty damn good hoos fight on its hands with Big E, Braun Strowman and 15-20 minutes of action.

Storm Trooper
05-21-2020, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't mind if New Day stayed together, it's just that the problem is that New Day can and should do more than the tag team titles at this time. New Day has already cemented itself among the greatest tag teams in WWE history. They're right there with the New Age Outlaws, Edge & Christian, the Hardy Boyz and the Dudley Boys but the've ultimately done as much as they can within the tag team ranks.

Personally, i'd love to see Big E get a singles run. He's not only a physical powerhouse, he's also pretty athletic overall, has shown a lot of physical stamina and we know he has the charismatic personality to be a top singles guy. I also wouldn't mind if if Kofi took on more of a managerial role during a Big E singles run. New Day allowed Big E to show that he was FAR more than the one dimensional big man years ago when he was Dolph Ziggler's heavy, so I don't see giving him a singles push as any sort of risk. For instance, WWE could have a pretty damn good hoos fight on its hands with Big E, Braun Strowman and 15-20 minutes of action.
This is the truth right here. Keep them together but going after Singles titles. Big E goes for the Universal Championship, Kofi gets the IC Title, and Woods becomes the next King Of The Ring.

And while Big E vs. Strowman would be good, Big E vs. Goldberg is what we need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QvAs8LpmRE