PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle rejected an offer to be Matt Riddle's manager

BestSportsEntertainer
06-03-2020, 04:07 PM
https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/kurt-angle-turned-down-offer-manage-matt-riddle-wwe-312411

I think that Matt Riddle is going to be one of the faces of the [WWE], he has all the ability. His personality is great. At first, it's a little odd. But once you get to know him, he's very likable. And that's what he's going to get from the fans. They're going to love this kid. And he proves it in the ring. He's phenomenal in the ring. There's no doubt about that. But his whole bro gimmick thing works really well. And he's going to do extremely well. WWE has offered me a job to manage him. Unfortunately, I turned it down due to a few different reasons, but I would have loved to manage him. It just wasn't the right time.

It's unfortunate this didn't work out. I have doubts the Bro gimmick will work on the main roster, but WWE clearly sees a lot in Matt Riddle if they wanted to pair him with Kurt Angle.

Y 2 Jake
06-03-2020, 04:20 PM
Surely would've been a joke on Riddle.

Jack-Hammer
06-06-2020, 07:22 AM
Yeah, I don't think it would've worked out as Angle would've become little more than a parody of himself I think.

If they ever do pair Angle with someone, in my eyes, it should be Chad Gable. Gable should've been the wrestler to be Angle's "illegitimate son" in the first place rather than Jason Jordan. As is sometimes the case though, Vince was more impressed with Jason Jordan's physical look than Gable's, so he got the nod. Jordan was really talented in the ring but Gable just struck me as a better fit. He's closer to Angle's size, especially now that Angle's no longer about 240 lbs. or so, they had the whole Olympic wrestling background to build on and I just think it'd work better.

Of course, WWE can't go that route now but I wouldn't be surprised if Vince tried to retroactively try to make Gable Angle's lost son. Yeah, it'd make no sense but we're talking about Vince here; he doesn't give two craps about continuity if it gets in the way of something he wants to do. Besides, when has omething not making any sense to anyone but him ever stopped him?

At any rate, if WWE ever decides to have him manage someone, Gable is someone who could benefit the most from it. Drop the "Shorty G" nonsense, quit pecker slapping this poor guy with all the lame 1980s humor mocking him for being short and utilize a talented guy while you've got him.

mrluck_07
06-07-2020, 01:17 PM
WWE is good for retconning storylines so I wouldn't be surprised either but Gable made the most sensible choice for Angle's son. But Angle as Riddle's manager would be the most random pairing. Peckerslapping is a funny term BTW.