PDA

View Full Version : Rob Gronkowski granted release from WWE

BestSportsEntertainer
06-03-2020, 04:58 PM
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/06/exclusive-rob-gronkowski-exercises-release-clause-in-his-670961/

Gronk is returning to the NFL to play for Tom Brady and the Buccaneers.

Well this happened.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-04-2020, 01:06 AM
Shocker.

Jack-Hammer
06-04-2020, 09:22 AM
No big loss in my eyes. The guy has an entertaining personality but I never got over the impression that he saw WWE as a hobby. Something that he'd do every so often and make a nice chunk of change while doing it. As far as his football career goes, I'm sure it's his first love but maybe he saw just how much work was gonna have to be put in to be in WWE without making himself look like a chump. Being a great athlete in other sports doesn't automatically mean you're cut out to be a wrestler.

Y 2 Jake
06-04-2020, 01:05 PM
I'm sure he was compensated adequately for his tenure as 24/7 champ.

OYDK
06-06-2020, 12:55 PM
Does anyone want to see this guy in a wrestling ring instead of on a football field anyway?

Storm Trooper
06-07-2020, 06:59 AM
Does anyone want to see this guy in a wrestling ring instead of on a football field anyway?
Not instead of a football field, but when he is done sure let him come back for a cup of coffee. He was done, then decided to play with Tom Brady again away from his curmudgeonly former coach. After a year or 2 he will be done for good and he can come back.