PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton: NXT wrestlers need to slow down in the ring

BestSportsEntertainer
06-11-2020, 06:11 PM
https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/randy-orton-says-wwe-nxt-wrestlers-need-to-slow-down-in-the-ring/

They ask if I can watch their match. I tell them you have to slow down. I?m now the old timer who has nothing to say except to slow down. I?ve been watching a lot of NXT which I didn?t do before. They have so many guys that are talented. But, what I noticed the other day, and I don?t want to bury anybody, but I saw a match between two guys that did so much cool stuff. As I was watching it, I?m thinking in my head, if they would have just let that breath, the people at home would get with it. My wife said they did so much cool stuff that I can?t remember one thing specifically that they did. I?m like, that?s it. It?s building to those moments and doing the cool stuff when the time is right.

I thought the same thing during some of the matches on Dynamite. All the wrestlers were talented and athletic, but goodness slow down sometimes and let the fans process what just happened. They're trying hard to put on a great show, but they tend to overdo it.

Slyfox696
06-12-2020, 03:06 AM
This has long been a criticism of mine of modern day wrestling. Orton is 100% correct, workers are too focused on getting to the next spot, they rarely understand the importance of a moment themselves, much less give the audience a chance to understand it. Everything is rush, rush, rush, a non-stop series of car wrecks, and so everything appears important, thereby making nothing seem important.

Y 2 Jake
06-12-2020, 12:46 PM
Fair point but I fast forward my Orton matches x2 on the Network.

Fire Marshall Bill
06-13-2020, 08:55 PM
Spotfests rarely have a story to tell. ?Hey look I can do a lot of really cool shit. I?m a good wrestler, right?? You what?s one of the biggest matches in wrestling history? Hogan/Andre WrestleMania 3. Those two didn?t exactly flip around the ring.

Yer Maw
06-14-2020, 01:47 AM
Spotfests rarely have a story to tell. ?Hey look I can do a lot of really cool shit. I?m a good wrestler, right?? You what?s one of the biggest matches in wrestling history? Hogan/Andre WrestleMania 3. Those two didn?t exactly flip around the ring.

You must have missed when Andre did the 630.