PDA

View Full Version : Paige: WWE isn't taking the Women's Tag Team Titles seriously

BestSportsEntertainer
06-11-2020, 06:22 PM
https://twitter.com/WWEonFOX/status/1270556799159226368

I just feel like the tag team championship haven?t been utilized to their full potential, considering everyone that?s had them.

I feel like they?re not being defended. I don?t think they?ve been used right. They?ve kinda been thrown under the rug. They?re not being taken very seriously. I just feel like at some point they have to be taken seriously because this is such a big moment for the women?s division to have these tag team titles instead of just having one championship. Now, we have a tag team division and we could utilize so many of the tag teams we have, even down in NXT or up in Raw and SmackDown or something.

I agree with Paige. The biggest problem is there's 4 teams in the division, and 3 of them won't be together forever. How can we get excited for feuds we've already seen?

Alex
06-12-2020, 02:33 AM
They just don't have a deep enough female roster for a tag division. TNA tried it back in the day (the company who's had better, consistent female talent) and their roster just wasn't deep enough. Once the Beautiful People got them and lost them the belts were an afterthought. Heck their last champions were ODB and Eric Young, a joke team.

Top that off with WWE doesn't care about their male tag division all that much why would their care about the female one.

They'll either have to expand the division itself and bring in more talent (which brings up an issue of time allocation on the show) or just scrap the belts.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-12-2020, 06:17 AM
I guess this stems to why Tegan Nox and the other woman are getting a Women's tag team shot next week.

mrluck_07
06-12-2020, 09:23 AM
Basically! They're gonna have to fill the gap w/ NXT talent.

Storm Trooper
06-12-2020, 09:45 AM
WWE has 51 women wrestlers (or is it 50? I don't know if Scarlett wrestles but I counted her) across all 4 brands. If you consider the 4 singles titles and their respective challengers, injured superstars and Charlotte Flairs chops off half of those, that's 25 performers, so I fail to see why they can't have an active Tag scene. Have the champs do a feud on one RAW, then SD, then NXT, and then NXTUK. While the champs aren't on that show the teams vie for the #1 contendership for the brand. Simple as that.

Say Shotzi Blackheart and Tegan Nox win the Championship on Wednesday, they then go into a feud with a RAW team for a month, then after defending the belt there move onto Smackdown for a couple weeks, then make an appearance at NXTUK (maybe have the UK people come Stateside if need be), before feuding with an NXT team.

The Womens Tag Team Championships were supposed to be a travelling championship so if they just did that regularly it would be perfectly viable, and give the Womens undercard something to do instead of fighting over hair color or choice of romantic partner.

OYDK
06-12-2020, 10:18 AM
Put the titles on Sasha and Charlotte, let them defend them in a good story for a few months. Lose them to an up and coming tag team. Boom, titles mean more. I think the issue has little to do with how deep the roster is. If the WWE wanted to put more focus on the belts, they could. The issue is exactly what Paige said... nobody takes those titles seriously.

Y 2 Jake
06-12-2020, 12:42 PM
Those belts are going to be important for a few weeks because they're currently integral to the best storyline on television.