PDA

View Full Version : The Undertaker Retires

SSJPhenom
06-27-2020, 07:28 AM
I can't believe nobody has posted this thread yet, but the Undertaker, the greatest big man of all the times, my personal favorite wrestler ever, and the reason I even started watching wrestling in the first place has officially retired.

When I first heard I had tears in my eyes. Someone was cutting some onions, what a coincidence. My childhood is officially dead. He was the last hold out. Thank you 'Taker.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-27-2020, 07:42 AM
I think most people are skeptical because it's been rumored for so long and happened in front of no fans. Survivor Series this year will be exactly 30 years since his debut, and Saudi money will be hard to turn down.

Y 2 Jake
06-27-2020, 10:17 AM
Yeah. I'm pretty certain he'll be tempted back for a final match in front of a crowd.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
06-27-2020, 12:58 PM
Ya as soon as a Wrestlemania event has the option for a capacity crowd you can bet Vince will be on the phone to tempt back Undertaker with a match with Baron Corbin.

Jack-Hammer
06-29-2020, 06:55 AM
Eh, it's hard to say at this point. I have a feeling Vince will want Taker to have a goodbye send off in front of a live crowd, I wouldn't be surprised if Taker wanted that as well and agreed to something. The Boneyard Match worked so well because they could cover up Taker's shortcomings by simply taking a break. For instance, he legitimately cut himself when he smashed his arm through the window of that hearse, so they stopped filming to clean the cut out, remove any pieces of glass he may have had stuck in the wound, make sure the bleeding was stopped, etc.. If Taker came back for one last match in front of a live crowd and it was well known that win, lose or draw it was his last one, fans would overlook any shortcomings he'd display in the match. Hell, Taker might even try to take it to another level in that situation. For instance, he might try the big dive over the top rope, take more high impact bumps, etc.. He might get hurt during the match but as it'd be his last one, I could see him leaving it all laying in the ring hurt or not.

If the BYM does turn out to be the legitimate last match he has, I'm fine with it. He's probably my all time favorite and even though he's had a few stinkers the past few years, I do know that he always tried. Still, you always wanna remember your favorites in the most positive light and it's gotten harder to do that the past few times Taker has wrestled.