PDA

View Full Version : The Fiend Strikes

Jack-Hammer
08-01-2020, 05:34 AM
So last night on SmackDown saw the TV return of Bray Wyatt as the Fiend in a number of months. What we saw is him appearing after Nikki Cross had shoved Alexa Bliss onto the mat before running out of the ring, upset at having failed to defeat Bayley for the SD Women's Championship for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. So, Bray/Fiend appears in his funky read lights, sort of circles around Alexa while she's rendered pretty much frozen in fear, and he eventually kneels down beside her. He reaches out for her as she shakes her head before eventually assaulting her with the Mandible Claw while screaming "Braun!" as she's passed out.

To get this irritant out of the way, the red light thing is really distracting. In this case, it hindered Alexa's selling of her fear of the Fiend in that the light somewhat obscured her features at times. Without the light, we could've clearly seen it and that would have only helped things.

Now, there are a few different ways they can go here. This can tie in with the Swamp Fight in which what appeared to be some sort of "specter" or hallucination or what have you of Alexa appeared to Braun and tantalized him with thoughts of them being together, which was a nice little bit of continuity regarding their Team Little Big partnership during the first Mixed Match Challenge tournament a few years back. I'm wondering if this could mean that Alexa winds up joining Wyatt, maybe becoming the first addition of a new, different sort of Wyatt Family. More than likely, however, this will be used as an example of the Fiend simply hurting someone Strowman cares about as a means to entice him into facing the Fiend at SummerSlam for the Universal Championship.

As for me, I might be interested in a character change for Alexa Bliss. Truth be told, I expected her to turn heel last night on SmackDown and cost Nikki Cross the match. That didn't happen, of course, though I wouldn't have minded at all if it had. Alexa Bliss, in my mind, is much, much better as a heel than as a babyface as she just displays so much more personality and is just a lot more interesting. Heel or face, she's hot enough to make a Baptist minister murder his wife, burn down his church and holler yee-haw while doing it but that's beside the point. I just think an alliance with the Fiend could be an interesting change, it's certainly one that's a bit outside the box but knowing Vince the way we do, he'll go with the simplest route of Alexa Bliss simply being a victim of the Fiend, a pawn with which the Fiend manipulates Braun Strowman. That in and of itself puts some heat into the feud, which is a good thing, but, again, it's just so predictable.

Y 2 Jake
08-01-2020, 05:40 AM
All I know is that whatever the outcome of the next Braun/Wyatt match, it puts them into a corner with The Fiend.

OYDK
08-01-2020, 11:20 AM
Must be gearing up for that Reigns/Fiend Mania main event that everyone's been clamoring for. It's a pity they had to take the title off of Bray in the first place for the sake of Goldberg and Saudi Arabia.