PDA

View Full Version : Retribution

Jack-Hammer
08-05-2020, 05:06 AM
Various sites are reporting that the new "chaos" stable for WWE will be called Retribution. The faction is responsible for launching Molotov Coctails at a generator, as shown vis security cam footage on Raw.

It's also being reported that the overall storyline for the faction will be completely WWE centered without any sort of political discussion brought into the mix. There were some concerns that the group was based on the Antifa movement but various reports state that the purpose of the group is to sort of force WWE to treat the wrestlers different, change how it does business, etc.. Basically, it's a group that'll pander to every internet fan who rags on the company justifiably or not.

They're purposely keeping the membership of the group very close to the vest as, allegedly, only a few in upper management know who'll be participating. It's also believed to be a Raw centric storyline though it's possible it could spread to SmackDown.

If they get the right people involved with the right people in certain spots within the group, it could potentially be a lot of fun.

Y 2 Jake
08-05-2020, 06:14 AM
The way you write it has me intrigued. But they're going to be called Retribution, which is probably a rejected PPV name from the 90s.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-05-2020, 11:46 AM
I like this because it could make Raw more exciting and unpredictable.

OYDK
08-05-2020, 01:14 PM
I feel like Dolph Ziggler is going to be a member and that's just going to ruin the whole thing. Nobody wants to see that guy in a top position again. This has a chance to be either very good or very bad... really all depends on who they choose for the group. From what I saw on Raw, I'm nervous Shane is going to be the kingpin.

mrluck_07
08-05-2020, 01:25 PM
The way you write it has me intrigued. But they're going to be called Retribution, which is probably a rejected PPV name from the 90s.

I fasho thought it was a PPV when I opened the thread.

Storm Trooper
08-05-2020, 01:58 PM
I feel like Dolph Ziggler is going to be a member and that's just going to ruin the whole thing. Nobody wants to see that guy in a top position again. This has a chance to be either very good or very bad... really all depends on who they choose for the group. From what I saw on Raw, I'm nervous Shane is going to be the kingpin.

If Shane is the kingpin of a "Vince is ruining the company lets create anarchy and get a new guy in charge" faction, what is the problem with that? Obviously if he is getting in the ring then yes it's a problem but if he is just being a mouthpiece and the figurehead leader of a new regime that's not that terrible. Hell it's really a good idea for a feud during these pandemic times.

Hell, if it leads to Shane getting one show (RAW) and the other show remaining untouched that'd be perfect as it makes the 2 shows different, thus making each show more paletable.

OYDK
08-05-2020, 02:16 PM
Personally, I don't really want to see another McMahon power struggle angle. They've done it to death over the years and it's always the go-to when things get stagnant. I want to see somebody else in that role. Someone that you can actually believe wants to shake up the company and take down the figureheads. If they want to include Shane later down the line that's fine, but I'd rather he not be the piece which the story revolves around.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-05-2020, 06:07 PM
I'm sick of the McMahons in general. I could go without seeing any of them for a long time.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-26-2020, 09:09 PM
$5 says WWE has no idea who's in Retribution

Fire Marshall Bill
08-27-2020, 09:18 PM
$5 says WWE has no idea who's in Retribution

I?m with you there. That?s exactly what they did with the Raw anonymous GM angle and they copped out with Hornswoggle because they never came up with anything good.

Fallout
08-28-2020, 05:35 AM
I?m with you there. That?s exactly what they did with the Raw anonymous GM angle and they copped out with Hornswoggle because they never came up with anything good.

Maybe it will join GTV in the angles that never got a conclusion.

Stone Cold Tea
09-04-2020, 09:47 AM
Shane McMahon been the leader if retribution will be disproved when they turn up and wreck Raw Underground

Fire Marshall Bill
09-04-2020, 09:54 AM
Shane McMahon been the leader if retribution will be disproved when they turn up and wreck Raw Underground

Yeah it?s just too easy. I?m sure they?ll get to Underground eventually. I feel they haven?t yet because they?re trying not to disrupt something that?s still new.

I firmly believe they still have no idea where to go with it. Seriously, this is likely how Retribution got started, ?Let?s mock Antifa!? The end.

Y 2 Jake
09-04-2020, 02:37 PM
Underwhelming so far but I'm sure it can be saved if the actual group, when they're revealed, take out the dwarfs that have been running around for the past month.