PDA

View Full Version : Renee Young leaving WWE

BestSportsEntertainer
08-19-2020, 01:39 PM
She can move on to bigger and better things at ESPN or Fox. She's honestly too good for WWE.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-19-2020, 07:29 PM
She was cool when she first started in WWE. To me, over the years she was just, "ok" in my opinion. She's not terrible though.

Jack-Hammer
08-20-2020, 05:04 AM
I like Renee Young, I've always enjoyed her in WWE. I thought she was great during commentary for NXT, she has a spunky personality that, along with her looks, makes her downright adorable. Her interaction with Daniel Bryan on Talking Smack was solid gold, they just had wonderful chemistry together and I thought she did a good job on Raw during commentary. Her problem there was that, just like so many others, she just couldn't get used to Vince and Kevin Dunn's style of instructing commentators on what to say. Some can do it, a very select few can thrive at it and most can't do it and Renee was just among the masses on that.

She's banked a lot of money, she's made a lot of friends, she's had a lot of fun, she met her hubby in WWE so it's certianly not like she didn't get a whole lot out of her association with the company. However, I think she's probably gone as far as she's going to go under Vince running things. Personally, I think she has the potential to be a good heel manager, I think she could pull it off in all honesty. She's stated herself that getting into the ring as a wrestler is probably not a good idea and I personally like it when someone admits what they know their limits are. It shows not only intelligence but a desire to avoid embarrassment for herself and the company as well.

Don't be surprised if she shows up in AEW. To be perfectly honest, I expected her to be gone from WWE not too long after Moxley but I could see her showing up there.

Storm Trooper
08-20-2020, 11:49 AM
Renee Young was awesome in WWE but she is above being a backstage interviewer. She belongs as a TV show host, which is where she is likely headed at this point. Aside from a Talking Smack revival I don't see where she fits in at WWE anyway.

She will likely be coveted by both ESPN or Fox Sports. He'll if she went to Fox Sports she could still do WWE stuff like Backstage if it comes back post-pandemic. Hell, Turner would be an ironic twist as she could do NBA stuff and then shoehorn in some AEW coverage.