PDA

View Full Version : WrestleMania: WWE Universal Championship - Brock Lesnar (c) VS Roman Reigns

Jack-Hammer
03-06-2018, 03:14 AM
I figured that somebody might as well go a head and make this thread because, up until last night, it was one of the only other official matches on the card.

Anticipation for this match is somewhat complicated. On one hand, some aren't excited for this match because we've known for an almost absolute fact that it's been coming for almost a year and that Roman Reigns will be the decisive winner. On the other hand, some are excited, to some degree, as it means that the Universal Championship will be featured regularly on Raw once again as Lesnar's absence of months at a time has been a complaint among a lot of net fans. Some anticipate it because it MIGHT be Brock Lesnar's last match if he doesn't reach a new deal with WWE and they're just tired of the guy.

The match itself will probably be very physical and very good in terms of action and possibly storytelling, just like their first encounter from WrestleMania XXXI, which was a match that a lot of us, me included, thought would just suck all over the place. Unless Roman does something to score some mega heat between now and WrestleMania, the title is all but his already.

Dave
03-06-2018, 05:04 AM
Thing is, we doubted the quality of this match before the match at Mania 31 and we were proved wrong. Sure, the match was helped by an amazing cash in from Rollins but I'm positive it would have been good enough without it. The match was very physical and told a great story for both Lesnar and Reigns. If we get the same kind of match this time around, I'll be happy.

FunKay
03-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Lesnar vs. Reigns from Mania 31 is like the perfect storm; the fight they had was much more entertaining than anyone predicted and made Brock look great in destroying Roman, Roman look great is sustaining that damage and made Seth Rollins look great because he cashed in and wrote WWE out of a very tricky situation. It was quite possibly the most perfectly booked conclusion to a WrestleMania ever. That isn't going to happen this time.

For one the show is now an hour longer (at least) than it was then, there's no Seth Rollins equivalent to crash the party and finally, given the story WWE are telling, this could very well go the way of Mania 20. If Brock does leave then the fans will know and they will harass him for it, if he signs a new deal, then the fans will cheer for him overwhelmingly. Either way, the hardcore audience in New Orleans isn't going to cheer Roman. Whether right or wrong, Reigns will not be embraced by the hardcore audience at this moment, in spite of WWE's best efforts.

noahconstrictor
03-07-2018, 12:16 PM
So far, I've really been enjoying the buildup to this match, more-so than what I was expecting. I really like the angle they've taken of Roman saying that he's the workhorse and Lesnar doesn't give two shits about the company. As for whether or not Roman will be over during the match itself, probably not. But I think it'll be a really fun match, and the story they're giving it works a lot better for me than the "IM THE BIG DAWG DIS MY YARD NOW" bullshit we've been getting.

DNA 2.0
03-07-2018, 09:58 PM
Wanna get Reigns over? Have him receive the same punishment both Cena and Orton received at Summerslams. Make him bleed. Break him. Book this like Lesnar is killing him. But have Reigns kick out of everything.
Then, after Lesnar sees that Reigns can't be pinned. Have him walk out of the match. Book Lesnar like he doesn't give a fuck. He takes the belt and leaves and says "screw this". Reigns wins via count out. The crowd would shit on Lesnar for that.
Then, have Reigns go after him and completely beat the shit out of him, like he did with Triple H at TLC.

Wrestlemania ends, Reigns didn't win the title, but he won the fans, while Lesnar is labeled as a coward who walked away from Reigns and then, got his ass kicked by him, which means that Reigns would have beaten him.

You can award the title to Reigns on one of the following RAWs. But now Reigns will be a babyface.

ShinChan
03-07-2018, 10:34 PM
Wanna get Reigns over? Have him receive the same punishment both Cena and Orton received at Summerslams. Make him bleed. Break him. Book this like Lesnar is killing him. But have Reigns kick out of everything.
Then, after Lesnar sees that Reigns can't be pinned. Have him walk out of the match. Book Lesnar like he doesn't give a fuck. He takes the belt and leaves and says "screw this". Reigns wins via count out. The crowd would shit on Lesnar for that.
Then, have Reigns go after him and completely beat the shit out of him, like he did with Triple H at TLC.

Wrestlemania ends, Reigns didn't win the title, but he won the fans, while Lesnar is labeled as a coward who walked away from Reigns and then, got his ass kicked by him, which means that Reigns would have beaten him.

You can award the title to Reigns on one of the following RAWs. But now Reigns will be a babyface.
Or how about make Roman Reigns beat Brock Lesnar like Goldberg did? Make him beat the heck outta Brock like Brock does to others.

That's very unlikely. The build has been good but I'm still not interested to watch Roman Reigns main event another Wrestlemania.

DNA 2.0
03-08-2018, 06:02 AM
Or how about make Roman Reigns beat Brock Lesnar like Goldberg did? Make him beat the heck outta Brock like Brock does to others.

That's very unlikely. The build has been good but I'm still not interested to watch Roman Reigns main event another Wrestlemania.

If they do that then Reigns would get so much hate. And the backlash towards WWE for giving a 1 minute match for the main event of Wrestlemania would be out of this world.

Slyfox696
03-08-2018, 06:28 AM
Wanna get Reigns over? Have him receive the same punishment both Cena and Orton received at Summerslams. Make him bleed. Break him. Book this like Lesnar is killing him. But have Reigns kick out of everything.Reigns kicks out of everything, he gets booed. That just wouldn't work.

Then, have Reigns go after him and completely beat the shit out of him, like he did with Triple H at TLC.If this was Summerslam...maybe. But you cannot have a screwy ending to Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania is far and away the biggest cash cow the WWE has, you cannot do something which may turn people against it.

DNA 2.0
03-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Reigns kicks out of everything, he gets booed. That just wouldn't work.

If this was Summerslam...maybe. But you cannot have a screwy ending to Wrestlemania. Wrestlemania is far and away the biggest cash cow the WWE has, you cannot do something which may turn people against it.

How would you do it Sly? How would you book a match which ends with people cheering Roman? If that's possible.

Slyfox696
03-08-2018, 01:28 PM
How would you do it Sly? How would you book a match which ends with people cheering Roman? If that's possible.
I don't know it's possible. About the only way to get the people who boo him to start cheering him is to make him a heel...at which point the ones who cheer him now will start booing him.

Undying
03-25-2018, 09:00 PM
I am making a bold prediction and saying that this match will be better than Styles vs. Nakamura. Why? Because everyone is hyped up about that to the point where it can't possibly meet their expectations and very few want to see this one so this is sure to please. Their match at Mania 31 was the match of the night and in contention for match of the year and this will prove to be a stiff hard hitting affair. Brock and Roman know how to work the main event slugfest despite what anyone wants to say. Brock does give a shit when he's out there and sells better than almost anyone on the roster, looking like he got shot out of a cannon after every match he's in. He will make Roman look good and if this is his swan song then he will give us all something to remember.

Spidey
04-09-2018, 06:50 AM
It appears the dirt sheets were wrong and smarkdom got a good slap across the face. "Decisive" it was not. Good on WWE for hitting us with something we didn't expect.

Wasn't a good match by any stretch of the imagination, but the outcome was definitely surprising.

Slyfox696
04-09-2018, 08:54 AM
It appears the dirt sheets were wrong and smarkdom got a good slap across the face. "Decisive" it was not. Good on WWE for hitting us with something we didn't expect.

Wasn't a good match by any stretch of the imagination, but the outcome was definitely surprising.
What's funny about it is if everyone hadn't been so sure Reigns was going to win, the crowd would probably have been hotter for the spots they did and the match would have seemed better. The match itself really was not that bad.

OYDK
04-09-2018, 02:13 PM
Brock and Roman could have went in there, pulled down their pants, and took two steamy shits right in the middle of the ring, and you still would have some people saying, "It wasn't that bad." The match was bad. The crowd knew it, Reigns and Lesnar probably knew it, and all but the most die-hard Reigns/Lesnar fans have admitted it.

The sad thing is, these guys have the potential to go out there and put on an incredible match. Reigns has put on some great matches in the past, and Lesnar has put on some of the best. It wasn't really their fault that the match was so dumb, it was the idiots who booked it. Most people don't want to see finishers and signatures spammed to the point where they lose pretty much all of their credibility. Reigns kicked out of 5 (or 6, can't remember) F-5's. 5! When it only took one to put down people like Goldberg, Strowman, and Joe. That's idiotic. Let these guys wrestle. That's literally all you had to do.

SSJPhenom
04-09-2018, 02:39 PM
Brock and Roman could have went in there, pulled down their pants, and took two steamy shits right in the middle of the ring, and you still would have some people saying, "It wasn't that bad." The match was bad. The crowd knew it, Reigns and Lesnar probably knew it, and all but the most die-hard Reigns/Lesnar fans have admitted it.

The sad thing is, these guys have the potential to go out there and put on an incredible match. Reigns has put on some great matches in the past, and Lesnar has put on some of the best. It wasn't really their fault that the match was so dumb, it was the idiots who booked it. Most people don't want to see finishers and signatures spammed to the point where they lose pretty much all of their credibility. Reigns kicked out of 5 (or 6, can't remember) F-5's. 5! When it only took one to put down people like Goldberg, Strowman, and Joe. That's idiotic. Let these guys wrestle. That's literally all you had to do.

This^1,000%

That's all they had to do was go out there, have a proper wrestling match, and it would've went over fine. What they did, however, was absolutely horrible. It wasn't their faults, but damn. People are tired of suplex, suplex, suplex, no sell, no sell, no sell, suplex, suplex, suplex, F5, F5, F5.

Big Nick Dudley
04-16-2018, 07:29 AM
Brock and Roman could have went in there, pulled down their pants, and took two steamy shits right in the middle of the ring, and you still would have some people saying, "It wasn't that bad."

On an internet wrestling forum?? I think the opposite is far more likely. They could've had a 5 Star classic and the internet would dump all over it. Hardcore fans were never going to give it a chance.

But in reality, it wasn't nearly as good as their first match.

OYDK
04-16-2018, 11:31 AM
On an internet wrestling forum?? I think the opposite is far more likely. They could've had a 5 Star classic and the internet would dump all over it. Hardcore fans were never going to give it a chance.

But in reality, it wasn't nearly as good as their first match.

There are always two sides. The people who were going to poop on it no matter what and the people who were going to praise it no matter what (and those people were probably going to shit on the AJ/Nak match no matter what). Quite frankly, I find both rather annoying.

Undying
04-17-2018, 01:39 PM
Itâ??s actually not a bad match if you watch it on its own. It probably could have benefited far better by going on a lot earlier maybe even in that mixed tag match spot, but when itâ??s the match everyone is looking forward to the least going on last after 5 hours of wrestling it kills whatever it could have been.

I also posted a prediction that it would be better than Nak/AJ and I came closer than I thought I would to being right funny enough.