PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar a Free Agent

Storm Trooper
08-31-2020, 07:47 PM
Brock Lesnar's contract has apparently lapsed, and he is no longer officially affiliated with WWE, and free to sign elsewhere.

I'd be willing to bet WWE won't consider signing him again until fans come back (in person).

#AbsoluteUnit
08-31-2020, 08:09 PM
I'd be willing to bet WWE won't consider signing him again until fans come back (in person).

^ Pretty much this, agreeing with you trooper.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-31-2020, 10:17 PM
What's Bork Laser doing in A E DUB!?!?! Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Lesnar constantly winning the title gets old, but he's still one of the biggest and most must-see stars in WWE.

Y 2 Jake
09-01-2020, 04:08 AM
When he does return I hope he's away from the title scene but he has his own open invitational. It'd be a slow process with only a few matches a year, but It'd be cool to see somebody like Cesaro come out on PPV and get a few minutes against him. Eventually this leads to somebody like Keith Lee coming out and crushing him.

Jack-Hammer
09-01-2020, 10:16 PM
Meh, let his overpaid, overhyped ass stay free as far as I'm concerned. I'm over the novelty of Brock Lesnar and have been for more than a few years now. It'd be one thing if his matches felt special and most were worth watching, not to mention the hefty price tag that goes with them, but that's not the case. As a fan, I'm tired of the lazy formula of a dozen or so German Suplexes, maybe more than a single F5 and then it's to the pay window. Also, if his matches were bringing in big subscription numbers to the WWE Network or his TV appearances delivered big pops in ratings, it'd help justify the reported $10 million+ he was making a year. Also, as a fan, I'm just tired of the diva like attitude of the guy in that he demands the sun and stars in order to sign but what WWE is getting isn't remotely worth what they're paying, not to mention the sort of message Vince has sent to the rest of the roster for the better part of the last 8 years.

If Lesnar was to somehow head to AEW, I wouldn't immediately jump down Tony Khan's throat. While it would look like a true money mark moment right up there with some of Dixie Carter's best, I think it'd depend on how they used Lesnar. If Khan basically made Lesnar the centerpiece of AEW, then piss on him; he'd deserve every bit of ridicule and criticism coming to him for doing what WWE had done and with what Dixie Carter had done in TNA: bringing in a number, or a few, former WWE stars for huge paychecks and using the younger and fresher talent as fodder instead of using the bigger name(s) to help build company stars.

Also, in order for AEW to afford Lesnar, Khan would probably have to go into his own pockets. The $40 million or so a year TV deal is AEW's only real revenue source right now and they need every bit of it right now for talent and for production for each show. In order to pay Lesnar the hefty fortune he'd demand, without going into his own pocket, Khan would probably have to release at least 12 to 15 members of the roster and, again, that's something that'd send a very bad message to the rest of the roster.

Stone Cold Tea
09-03-2020, 10:39 AM
Brock Lesnar is box office. Where ever he goes I will follow.