PDA

View Full Version : Hell in a Cell: Drew McIntyre (c) vs Randy Orton - HIAC Match, WWE Title

BestSportsEntertainer
10-06-2020, 12:14 PM
I'm predicting Orton wins the title.

Y 2 Jake
10-06-2020, 02:15 PM
Likewise. If that's the outcome it has been a balanced feud.

Hope they've got something big for Drew lines up after this.

#AbsoluteUnit
10-06-2020, 05:19 PM
Agreed, I think Orton walks away as champion here.

Storm Trooper
10-06-2020, 05:31 PM
I can't wait for Orton to win the title, only to have Otis cash in the Money In The Bank and win the WWE Championship.

Jack-Hammer
10-14-2020, 03:05 PM
While Orton is doing his best work in years, I have to say that I still have no interest in seeing him as WWE Champion again. Orton is at a point in his career where he doesn't need a championship to be a top tier star. The man's been a top tier star for the better part of 15 years and it just seems like winning yet another World Champion comes across as vanity more than anything else. It's not Orton's fault really, it's just that there's simply not as many mountains for someone to climb when they're a 6 time World Champion, IC champ, Tag Team champ and Royal Rumble winner all before reaching the age of 30. It also doesn't help but Orton had so many hot potato runs as champion and, overall, it's really something of a similar situation with Charlotte Flair.

There are rumors of having Orton vs. Edge be for the WWE Championship for next year's WrestleMania and I feel it'd be a mistake for various reasons. As I said regarding Orton, you can apply the same thing to Edge. Edge turns 47 in a few weeks and he's on a very, very, very part time deal with WWE so him winning would almost be like another Brock Lesnar run where he shows up every 3 months or so to defend the strap. Also, Edge is an 11 time World Champion, 5 time IC champ, 14 time Tag Team champ, successfully cashed in the MITB briefcase twice and is a Hall of Famer. Like Orton, Edge doesn't need the title, nor does this feud need the title to be involved. Also, it'd just seem like Vince going back to putting all the pressure on long established stars rather than really putting the effort into producing new ones, which is all that much harder due to the many restraints and limitations he imposes on creative and the wrestlers themselves.

With that being said, I'd say McIntyre drops the title to Orton if, for no other reason, Vince wants Orton to have the title to renew his feud with Edge. Just don't be all that surprised if fan interest in Orton suddenly cools of once he's champ as it did the last few times he won the title.