PDA

View Full Version : A Push For Lana

Jack-Hammer
10-27-2020, 04:36 PM
According to Uncle Dave, WWE is planning on pushing Lana as a babyface and the reason she keeps getting put through tables week after week is part of a strategy to build up sympathy for her in the eyes of the fans.

If this is true, then Vince really has gone senile. Lana is among the overall least talented women in the WWE roster and has really been wandering around kinda aimlessly since the on-screen split with Rusev. The romance with Bobby Lashley wasn't remotely well done and she's continued to drift since Ruself was release.

This seems like a very odd strategy to get someone over. If what Meltzer says is true, Vince wants to get Lana over by having people feel sorry for her. Having someone get beaten up each week and essentially getting put into spots where fans are manipulated into thinking he/she "deserves" better can work, but there has to be a reason for the sympathy. Lana can't wrestle, there's no ifs, ands or buts about that and she's shown that numerous times over the course of her career. As a result of her limited ability, most fans don't want to see her get pushed ahead of much more talented women on the roster. I mean....why should fans feel sorry for her? Because she's blonde and pretty? Yeah...life's real hard for someone when they have a face and figure that'd cause the Pope to piss on St. Peter's Basilica while whistling My Ding-A-Ling.

It sort of puts me in mind of WWE's "strategy" with Mandy Rose during her program with Sonya Deville. WWE was trying to get Mandy over despite the fact that Sonya was/is much more talented. I believe that Vince actually thought Sonya constantly ripping on Mandy for being nothing more than a gorgeous blonde was going to get people feeling sorry for her when it had the exact opposite. It may have been just part of a storyline but Sonya was right; Mandy has nothing really to offer except the fact that she's sinfully gorgeous. She wasn't particularly good on the mic, she wasn't good in the ring, she strutted around in her skimpy little ring gear, expected to get over and didn't because fans agreed with what Sonya was saying. She may have been in the role of a heel, but she was still right.

No matter how many times WWE has Nia Jax drop Lana through the announce table, it's not going to change the fact that she's a far inferior professional wrestler to almsot every other woman on the roster.

BestSportsEntertainer
10-27-2020, 04:37 PM
This isn't going to get Lana over as a babyface. Fans will roll their eyes at WWE and move on.

#AbsoluteUnit
10-27-2020, 06:13 PM
Highly unlikely, but ok then.