PDA

View Full Version : Vince McMahon orders several wrestlers to undergo additional training

BestSportsEntertainer
12-13-2020, 10:54 AM
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Vince McMahon has 'thrown a fit' over the in-ring abilities of various wrestlers and has ordered them back to the Performance Center for additional classes twice a week. The classes will be taught by Adam Pearce and Drew Gulak. According to PWInsider.com, the wrestlers being sent to the classes are Otis, Keith Lee, Dabba-Kato, Dio Maddin, and Omos.

Dabba-Kato, Dio Maddin, and Omos were called up too early, so they make sense. Otis and especially Keith Lee feels like a classic case of Vince interfering too much with his wrestlers instead of letting them be themselves.

OYDK
12-13-2020, 02:40 PM
Keith Lee because Vince doesn't like his style as a big man or some stupid shit like that probably. Also, not a great sign for his immediate future if they're that displeased with his ring-work.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-13-2020, 04:40 PM
I have no idea who Omos is.

Storm Trooper
12-13-2020, 05:49 PM
Omos is AJ Styles' big guy. He's never wrestled before WWE, wrestled on the NXT house show loop for a few months.

He's sending his big-men to learn how to be big-men. I can't say I have a problem with that. They can all use the help. Supposedly HHH is trying to get Taker to the PC and this is where his biggest impact would be, helping the big men.

Also, this screams typical Meltzer bullshit with Vince "throwing a fit" backstage. Dabba-Kato and Omos have NEVER wrestled on RAW so Vince is throwing a fit based on how they wrestled on TV? No he isn't because they haven't done it. Dio Madden had 4 matches (all 6 or 8 person tags) so maybe he had a poor showing. But all 3 of them have NEVER been on NXT TV, so them going to the PC is simply to continue training, which they sorely need cause they're greener than goose shit. Otis and Keith Lee, if they're even part of this (again who the fuck knows because these people aren't there they're just guessing) They're getting big-man training. They need it. Keith Lee is great, but he doesn't necessarily work like a big man, so getting the extra help it is only gonna do good.

I'm not reading anything into this because there's nothing to read here.

Ingonious
12-14-2020, 10:26 AM
I just think this is a way to get some of these guys in a good shape or position heading into Wrestlemania Season. It's like NBA or NFL, everyone trains before the big games. It's no different for WWE

BestSportsEntertainer
12-14-2020, 11:25 AM
Omos is AJ Styles' big guy. He's never wrestled before WWE, wrestled on the NXT house show loop for a few months.

He's sending his big-men to learn how to be big-men. I can't say I have a problem with that. They can all use the help. Supposedly HHH is trying to get Taker to the PC and this is where his biggest impact would be, helping the big men.

Also, this screams typical Meltzer bullshit with Vince "throwing a fit" backstage. Dabba-Kato and Omos have NEVER wrestled on RAW so Vince is throwing a fit based on how they wrestled on TV? No he isn't because they haven't done it. Dio Madden had 4 matches (all 6 or 8 person tags) so maybe he had a poor showing. But all 3 of them have NEVER been on NXT TV, so them going to the PC is simply to continue training, which they sorely need cause they're greener than goose shit. Otis and Keith Lee, if they're even part of this (again who the fuck knows because these people aren't there they're just guessing) They're getting big-man training. They need it. Keith Lee is great, but he doesn't necessarily work like a big man, so getting the extra help it is only gonna do good.

I'm not reading anything into this because there's nothing to read here.

Keith Lee was in NXT over 2 years. I don't understand wanting to change the way he wrestles once he leaves the developmental brand.

Storm Trooper
12-14-2020, 11:34 AM
Keith Lee was in NXT over 2 years. I don't understand wanting to change the way he wrestles once he leaves the developmental brand.
because they haven't developed him to the level they need/want yet. Besides, NXT is not a developmental brand anymore. The PC is their development facility, NXT is just a TV brand now. The NXT house show circuit was the developmental people, but NXT TV, not really.

And it isn't change how he wrestles so much as learn more skills. This also has nothing to do with him. When he was in NXT who was he wrestling? A bunch of Vanilla Midgets. He was far and away the largest guy there (Dijakovic is the closest in size and he's like 60 pounds smaller). Now he's on RAW and he needs to be able to wrestle guys like Braun Strowman.

Y 2 Jake
12-14-2020, 02:57 PM
Keith Lee seems to have regressed slightly and it is no coincidence it coincides with him now being on the main roster.