PDA

View Full Version : WWE writers asked to name underused wrestlers who could shine if given opportunity

BestSportsEntertainer
12-15-2020, 03:05 PM
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/12/wwe-writers-reportedly-asked-to-name-underutilized-678031/

The most frequents wrestlers mentioned were Angel Garza, Cesaro, Chad Gable, Carmella, and Peyton Royce.

Who has been underused in WWE and could be a star if given the chance?

#AbsoluteUnit
12-15-2020, 04:39 PM
Big E.

Fallout
12-16-2020, 03:31 AM
Big E.

Big E's a weird case in that he hasn't reached his full potential but it's not like WWE have completely abandoned the guy. He still gets attention as a part of the New Day, but has the chops to get a solo run just as good, if not better than Kofi's.

I'm gonna throw Apollo Crews out there too. Sure, he's not the most charismatic, but hot damn, it's been a while since I've seen a worker so versatile in the ring. The combination of athleticism and strength reminds me of the early years of Brock, and while he's not a monster, a wrestling machine angle coupled with a good mouthpiece could do wonders for the guy.

Jack-Hammer
12-16-2020, 09:43 AM
Garza, Gable & Cesaro are definitely up there with some of the most underused guys.

Garza does put me in mind of a young Eddie Guerrero. He has a swaggering kind of charisma about him and he could go so much further if they dump all this Latin Lover crap in which he comes off thinking more about pussy than he does his matches. It doesn't generate heat, it doesn't get him over as a face, it just makes him look like a corny douche that'll be stuck in mid-card limbo.

Chad Gable is one of the best overall athletes in WWE and is a genuinely great mat technician. Gable is a stamina monster, he's fast, he's agile, he's probably pound for pound among the strongest guys on the entire roster, he's fairly charismatic and can be pretty solid on the mic. On top of all that, the guy was a good enough mat wrestler to be on the US Olympic team. I'm not saying he's the next big thing or anything along those lines, but Gable is someone that I feel could be a strong upper mid-card guy who makes an occasional foray into the main event picture. He has a lot of tools that can make him pretty valuable.

Cesaro has been one of the most consistent, high quality in-ring guys in WWE over the past 10 years. He's shown he can work with damn near anybody. Like Gable, Cesaro is incredibly athletic and knows his way around a good wrestling match. Look, if you're someone who can actually get a passable match out of the Great Khali, then you're someone who could be one of the most useful members of the entire roster. I feel Cesaro is another wrestler who could be a strong upper mid-card presence who winds up in the main event every so often. I've thought so for most of his time in WWE.

I'm not so sure about Carmella as she's been featured pretty prominently over the years. She's improved some of her overall game while she's been out but I still don't see her as being part of the upper tier of the "main roster's" women's division.

Peyton Royce...eh, I can live with or without her. She's miles ahead of Billie Kay, I will give her that and her voice isn't remotely as annoyingly shrill.

I think WWE could do more with Big E as well. We know Big E can do the comedic stuff as he's been part of New Day which, in turn, shows that the guy has a ton of personality. However, I think he needs to move towards a more serious persona as I think it's the best way of securing him in the long run as a significant singles star. He had a ton of success as part of New Day, no doubt, but that doesn't mean he has to remain completely immersed in New Day's shadow, which is what's happening with more emphasis on the comedic stuff.

Stone Cold Tea
12-16-2020, 09:46 AM
Source is questionable. Wrestlevotes appears to be some random Twitter page.

I'd take anything they claim with a grain of salt.