PDA

View Full Version : Former WWE Wrestler Transitions From Male To Female

Jack-Hammer
02-04-2021, 12:35 PM
https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/02/former-wwe-superstar-tyler-reks-transitions-into-a-woman-named-gabbi/

As the link says, former WWE star Tyler Reks has made the transition from male to female. Born Gabriel Tuft, Reks now goes by Gabbie, Gabrielle, Tuft.

While I can't say that I exactly keep up with stories involving gender transition, this is among the more extreme changes I think I've seen. As Tyler Reks, she reminds me a lot of Drew McIntyre now in terms of size and general musculature, just with dreadlocks. Tuft has a bit of a butterface thing goin' on. You know, pretty nice figure but her face... Given the fact that Tuft is legitimately about 6'5" and her facial features, it'd be hard not to reason she was once male.

Tuft has been married for close to 20 years and has a daughter. Apparently, her wife fully supported the decision and...well, there you go.

I never really know exactly what to say about something like this. Everyone deserves the right to be happy, of course, and if someone feels like a certain gender trapped in the wrong body and want to do something about it, more power to them. Some people simply write situations like this off as a cry for attention or mental illness but, as usual, it has to be something much deeper. To go through all the physical, mental and emotional pain, to endure the surgeries, the hormone therapies, the ridicule that has to be endured from some, etc..

Tuft retired from wrestling in 2014 and I've no idea what she's been up to as far as work goes, though I'm wondering if Tuft might use this to possibly make a transition back into wrestling. True, she's 42 years old now but, then again, Nyla Rose is only about 3 or 4 years younger.

Y 2 Jake
02-04-2021, 03:57 PM
Fair enough.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-04-2021, 05:02 PM
I'm proud for her.

Storm Trooper
02-04-2021, 10:46 PM
I'm really happy for her.

I do have one question now (and this is in regards to all cases of transition where this applies). Does her stagename get retroactively changed too (i'd assume Taylor instead of Tyler would be the closest thing)? I know in cases where actors transition studios have retroactively changed the credits with the new name (I recall hearing some studios did this with Elliot Page).

Y 2 Jake
02-05-2021, 02:56 AM
I don't think WWE would do that and it's a character name so do they really need to.

For example, Elliot Page's character in Inception isn't retroactively having her character name changed.

Fallout
02-05-2021, 06:50 AM
Plus Tuft identified as male during their WWE tenure, so nothing needs to be retroactively done.

As long as they're happy is the most important thing I guess.