PDA

View Full Version : Arrowverse Shows Discussion Thread

Skairipa
03-09-2018, 01:53 PM
Anybody else watch the Arrowverse shows? I watch Supergirl, Flash and Legends of Tomorrow and find them all pretty good with Legends probably being my favorite of the 3 but this season alone I think Supergirl is probably my favorite, though I'm behind a couple episodes on it still.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-09-2018, 02:27 PM
The Flash is my favorite. I haven't missed a Flash episode ever. Yes, I am a Flash fan freak. Legends of Tomorrow is also good. I like the guy who used to be on the tv show "Alias". He's dope. Arrow is hit or miss to me. I like Oliver, but I don't get invested in to it like I do with The Flash. Also DC > Marvel

Jam
03-09-2018, 04:55 PM
I watch all the shows. Wouldn't surprise me if Arrow lasted for two more seasons before the Flash takes over. Black Lightning has been a huge surprise. But if I had to choose my top 3, it'd be: Flash, Arrow, Supergirl. Something about Supergirl is just really good to me. It might be Supergirl herself as I really enjoyed her time in Glee, just makes her more likable.

A11
03-10-2018, 05:55 PM
I watch Flash, Arrow and Legends. Didnt bother with Supergirl because it was on another network so I figured it was never coming over and I had enough shows to watch, tried to get into black lightning but its just the same crap as all the other ones. I'm at the end of the line for the shows, except for legends. Every week its the same crap and I hate the felicity character as a whole and Iris with her fucking positivity and all that bullshit is infuriating, she bullshits her way through everything and takes this dumb leadership position. Arrow is ridiculous, the fact that nobody seems to follow any kind of logic this season is infuriating. On top of that everyone is just so stubborn its created stupid characters and stupid characters are creating plot holes

klunderbunker
03-10-2018, 09:03 PM
I've seen every episode of Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Black Lightning (Legends is on my list). These shows were tailor made for a place like the CW and the network has made them all look like gold. There are definitely some weak points (how many times can the Arrow team stop trusting each other) but then there are times where it feels like you're watching a comic book on TV. They're all entertaining, the casts work well together, and they're all a lot of fun most weeks. I don't know what else you can ask for, outside of ending the stupid long breaks the shows take.

Skairipa
03-12-2018, 03:05 PM
I have yet to check out Black Lightning, didn't really perk my interest but maybe I'll check it out. Would you guys say it's worth watching?

I've also been considering binge watching Arrow but from what I've heard it can be a real struggle at times.

A11
03-12-2018, 04:59 PM
I have yet to check out Black Lightning, didn't really perk my interest but maybe I'll check it out. Would you guys say it's worth watching?

I've also been considering binge watching Arrow but from what I've heard it can be a real struggle at times.

Arrow season 2 is amazing, season 1 is a tad of drag early but the back half is great stuff. It goes a bit down hill and a bit too batmany from there

I made it halfway through episode 3 of black lightning and just gave up, on one hand its trying to be all high and mighty and shining a light on injustices that black people go through in terms of inequality but then smacks you with some brilliant racial stereotypes like gang bangers and sassy (oh but they just strong) black women. Plus I can/could see the problems of Arrow and flash coming into play as well, Black Lightning's going to be pushed to the side for his daughters once they find out his secret just like Oliver Queen and Diggle has/have been pushed to the side by Felicity and the rest of the team, its so bad on Arrow that the villain for this season that I dont even know what the motivation for the big bad is this season. And its just like Barry Allen & Cisco are being pushed out for Iris and Wells

A11
03-12-2018, 05:00 PM
Sorry for the rants, i dont vent this shit to anyone because my mates dropped these shows ages ago. I didnt give Gotham a second chance after season 1 but season 2 of arrow is that good that i refuse to lose hope

Skairipa
03-13-2018, 11:48 AM
Have to admit I'm really looking forward to The Flash tonight with Iris being a speedster now that I found some background to it. Iris has constantly been a favorite of mine on the show and it'll be interesting seeing her thrust into the hero role tonight.

Lee
03-18-2018, 11:28 AM
Arrow has been a POS this season. Sick of Curtis et al just being bitches. Curtis was a great character and they've turned him into this.

Flash has had some fun episodes others not so much. DeVoe is a great villain though.

Legends of tomorrow is exactly what it should be, absolute fun and doesn't take itself serious. That saying I cried like a bitch at Stein's death.

Supergirl keeps getting better and better, the world killers is a good storyline though not sure why Supes hasn't been to help.

Black Lightning is refreshing, I like it a lot.

Барбоса
03-18-2018, 12:12 PM
though not sure why Supes hasn't been to help.

The major problem with all superhero universes.

Where were all the other heroes when the world was under threat?

Lee
03-18-2018, 02:47 PM
The major problem with all superhero universes.

Where were all the other heroes when the world was under threat?

See I don't mind usually and it's a minor thing but they've had him in Supergirl so why not? Arrow's good at doing it, they had Flash speed them off somewhere a few episodes ago.

Барбоса
03-18-2018, 04:30 PM
See I don't mind usually and it's a minor thing but they've had him in Supergirl so why not? Arrow's good at doing it, they had Flash speed them off somewhere a few episodes ago.

Yeah, it can be logically explained at times, especially if the threat is localised or to a specific person, but when you have a planet-killing threat and Superman, X-Men, Avengers etc. do not show up to help, it is a bit silly.

King Patrick Star
06-29-2018, 11:58 AM
One night, my Queen asked me what we should start binge watching. The choices were DC's Arrowverse or Marvel's MCU on Netflix. We're currently on season 2 of Arrow. So far so good. Felicity is Smoaking!!

Lee
10-26-2018, 10:10 PM
Supergirl, Arrow, Flash all off to a great start this season. Legends was fun (as ever) but was a bit hit and miss for me first episode.

Supergirl: The reveal of the president as an Alien has been a long time coming and makes perfect sense with what's going on. Superman being offworld helps things too but seeing how Brainy took the hostility was a bit heartbreaking to me. Jonn at the rally was good too. They're clearly building up to a Lex presidential run but we shall see.

Arrow: Felicity with pink hair <3 Great start so far, really good mood for the season. I love the flash forwards with William too as it gives us a bit more to the character. Wild Dog isn't even annoying this season. Hoss.

Flash: Usual Flash here there and everywhere but somehow it works start to the season. XS seems to fit in and Ralph is a cool guy. Though if you fuckers kill off Cisco there will be hell. Sherloque Wells is awful.

SSJPhenom
10-27-2018, 12:53 AM
Love the Arrowverse. I've been a fan of CW shows as far back as when it was still called the WB. Anyways, can't get enough of the Flash and Supergirl. Those are my favorites. Also love to watch Legends. I make it a point to record Arrow, but I usually will let them build on my DVR before watching. Then I'll catch up on Arrow, usually right before the big yearly crossover they do every year. Which, I have to say, last year's was great.

Did anyone catch the Flash Glee reunion episode they did in Season 3? One of my absolute favorite episodes of any TV show. Also, rumors are circling that Supes is getting his own Arrowverse show as well as Batwoman. That would be sweet.

A11
10-27-2018, 04:12 AM
I had to walk away when Felicity held her own against diaz. Thats fucking ridiculous. And I'm done with the show. I've put up with Felicity being illogical when it comes to being in danger but to now hold her own is stupid and then the off screen "argus showed up" is ridiculous. I'll stick to just flash and legends this year

Fire Marshall Bill
10-27-2018, 06:14 PM
Love the Arrowverse. I've been a fan of CW shows as far back as when it was still called the WB. Anyways, can't get enough of the Flash and Supergirl. Those are my favorites. Also love to watch Legends. I make it a point to record Arrow, but I usually will let them build on my DVR before watching. Then I'll catch up on Arrow, usually right before the big yearly crossover they do every year. Which, I have to say, last year's was great.

Did anyone catch the Flash Glee reunion episode they did in Season 3? One of my absolute favorite episodes of any TV show. Also, rumors are circling that Supes is getting his own Arrowverse show as well as Batwoman. That would be sweet.

Batwoman makes her first appearance during a crossover this season. Itâ??s the only episode of Supergirl I ever watch each year.

Lee
10-27-2018, 06:42 PM

Batwoman is all but confirmed.

@firemarshallbill you should definitely give Supergirl a chance, the first series was basically Ally McBeal but from season 2 it really grew into its own.

Fire Marshall Bill
11-06-2018, 02:58 PM
I had to walk away when Felicity held her own against diaz. Thats fucking ridiculous. And I'm done with the show. I've put up with Felicity being illogical when it comes to being in danger but to now hold her own is stupid and then the off screen "argus showed up" is ridiculous. I'll stick to just flash and legends this year

Iâ??ll give you the argument of Felicity holding her own against Diaz, but I highly doubt ARGUS saved her. Put a few pieces of each storyline together and thereâ??s a reason they didnâ??t show what happened.

SSJPhenom
12-11-2018, 09:57 AM
Has anyone watched the first 2 episodes of the crossover yet? They're amazing! So many Easter eggs and such. Batwoman is now my new favorite of the Arrowverse and I can't wait for her show. She looked amazing in the costume. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Lee
12-11-2018, 12:02 PM
I may have shouted for joy at the John ring mention. I love how they set up the Batwoman TV show. I'm missing having the legends there (Imagine a Ray and Clark swap over so we can get Brandon Routh as Superman again?)

SSJPhenom
12-11-2018, 01:54 PM
I missed the ring reference the first time around. So was the Arrowverse pretty much confirming that John Diggle is indeed John Stewart in other dimensions? Also, was the 'Crisis' that the Monitor was talking about Crisis on Infinite Earths? If that's the case, could you imagine one season where the big bad for each show is the same big bad? Like, oh idk, the Anti Monitor?

Storm Trooper
12-12-2018, 06:43 AM
I may have shouted for joy at the John ring mention. I love how they set up the Batwoman TV show. I'm missing having the legends there (Imagine a Ray and Clark swap over so we can get Brandon Routh as Superman again?)

They didn't really need the Legends, as the crossovers are normally too overcrowded anyway. At the end of the day, Caitlin, Cisco, Iris, Felicity, Curtis, and Diggle were barely utilized, and Wild Dog and New Black Canary were not on at all (Joe West is excluded since he's on a leave of absence from the series). Adding 6 more super-characters to the mix would have just diluted everyone else. Not to mention instead we got an episode of Legends that was beyond amazing (and they did a great line about the crossover in the episode), and we got a funny Gary cameo in Part 3.

I missed the ring reference the first time around. So was the Arrowverse pretty much confirming that John Diggle is indeed John Stewart in other dimensions? Also, was the 'Crisis' that the Monitor was talking about Crisis on Infinite Earths? If that's the case, could you imagine one season where the big bad for each show is the same big bad? Like, oh idk, the Anti Monitor?
I recall fan-theories about Diggle being John Stewart early on, but the ring thing must mean that in at least Earth-90, he's the Green Lantern. Maybe in other dimensions too, and maybe he'll pick up the mantle here eventually (but if DC wants the character for the movies I doubt it will happen).

And with regards to Crisis on Infinite Earths, Spoiler alert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xm3lA_Ps4w
It's official for next year.

With regards to the idea of the one big bad for each show, obviously it would be difficult with Supergirl taking place on a different Earth. However, I'm almost wondering if the best way to do Crisis would be to do a long-ass crossover. I'm talking like 4 or 5 episodes of Flash and Arrow. Or better yet, announce Crisis on Infinite Earths as it's own program, getting a 13 episode series in Fall 2019, and the regular Arrowverse shows get half seasons picked up in January and start with the fallout of Crisis. Doing that will keep it to one episode a week, which may keep from overwhelming people with the same characters 3 or 4 times a week.

Lee
12-12-2018, 12:02 PM
I'm interested to see how Infinite Earths Crisis could be. Could we get Titans, Swamp Thing, Legends, Smallville, New Adventures of Superman, Superboy, Original Flash, Black Lightning, Gotham, Shazam!, Wonder Woman, Krypton, Preacher, iZombie, 1960s Batman? It could be amazing!

SSJPhenom
12-12-2018, 12:38 PM
I'm beyond excited for Crisis on Infinite Earths, but they can't do it like they've done these other crossovers. Crisis wasn't a one note story line in the comics. It took place over a long period of time and the consequences of Crisis were far reaching indeed (Flash vanished into the speed force from running around the Monitor's domain, Supergirl was killed by the Anti Monitor, Superboy Prime, will they introduce him???). I can't wait to see what happens. I'm thinking that Green Arrow traded his life for Barry and Kara and he'll die in the Crisis next year with Batwoman taking his place.

Also, reports are coming out that the CW is also trying to develop a Superman show and that this crossover served as a back door pilot for Batwoman and Superman. They'll come back from Argo after Jonathan Kent is born and round a year old and the show will be about Superman protecting his family and teaching his son how live and act with Kryptonian powers.

Lee
04-23-2019, 02:28 PM
They fucking did it. They've confirmed John's "real" name.

In brightest day...

Lee
12-08-2019, 09:34 PM
Well Crisis on Infinite Earths is off to a great start.

Storm Trooper
12-10-2019, 07:38 AM
Well Crisis on Infinite Earths is off to a great start.
Kevin Conroy. Oh My God that was awesome.

Lee
12-10-2019, 09:35 PM

I FUCKING CALLED IT

SSJPhenom
12-13-2019, 09:59 PM
Damn, when I heard Kevin Conroy say, "Don't be so rude Luke." I nearly had an orgasm. IDC what anyone says, Conroy is the best Batman of all time!!! Damn I love this crossover.