PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn Nine-Nine appreciation thread

BestSportsEntertainer
03-01-2021, 05:17 PM
I'm just into the 5th season, but I couldn't wait any longer to make this thread. This is an incredible show.

The Halloween episodes, Jimmy Figgis storyline, Lt. Hawkins storyline, and Jake and Amy's relationship are some of the best TV I've ever seen. Every actor is phenomenal and perfect for their role, even Scully and Hitchcock lol.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-01-2021, 05:44 PM
It' legit funny, but it's not for me.

Stone Cold Tea
03-02-2021, 04:10 AM
I like it because it's pure positive energy. Lots of sitcoms have these emotional moments that try make you reflect (I'm looking at you scrubs) but there is none of that with 99. It's ought hearted all the way through.

They even have positive relationships with most of the shows antagonists. It helps that although it's a comedy about Cops the focus isn't in comedy around police work. Everything is focused on relationships with characters.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-04-2021, 01:23 AM
The I want it that way cold opening is hilarious, whoever wrote it is a genius. Boyle's reaction to Jake and Amy's first kiss is equally great.

Every Doug Judy episode is really good. Great recurring character.

Moo Moo and Game Night were great and showcased issues that shouldn't exist at all.

I also love The Bet, USPIS (feat. Andy Bernard), Stakeout, New Captain (Bill Hader could've gotten more episodes), Hostage Situation, Cop-Con, Chasing Amy, and Two Turkeys.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-05-2021, 04:21 AM
Jake and Amy's wedding was great. Amy's vows are phenomenal.

"Life is unpredictable. Not everything's in our control. But as long as you're with the right people, you can handle anything. And you, Jake Peralta, are the right person for me."

Now onto Season 6.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-06-2021, 12:00 AM
Honeymoon was great and a solid case for Captain Holt as the best character.

Four Movements was pretty easily my least favorite episode so far though not bad at all. Is Gina really gone?

BestSportsEntertainer
03-06-2021, 12:29 AM
Leave it to Doug Judy to get the show back on track.

I popped at the new intro with Scully and Hitchcock.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-07-2021, 02:54 AM
The Therapist is another great episode. Jake's therapy session as Garrett was hilarious.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-07-2021, 05:17 AM
Cinco de Mayo was the best heist episode yet. How do these keep getting better?

BestSportsEntertainer
03-07-2021, 05:42 AM
More great episodes I didn't mention: Hitchcock & Scully, The Crime Scene, The Honeypot, and Ticking Clocks.

Return of the King was my second least favorite episode of the series. It seems like they have no clue what to do with Gina. She gets hit by a bus and comes back the next episode. She has a child with one of Boyle's cousins who literally never appeared before, and nothing else happened. She quits the 99 while being a complete jerk to Amy. Then she's an internet star who continues to ignore her friends and literally gets stabbed in the shoulder. None of this is necessarily bad (nothing on the show is even close to bad), but it's very random. I hate how she was so willing to quit.

Regardless 2 subpar episodes out of 128 is a fantastic show.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-10-2021, 01:40 PM
I watched Season 7 a while back and it's just as good as the rest of the series.

Ransom was one of the best episodes of B99. Andre Braugher delivered an all time great performance and deserved an Emmy.

Lights Out was a great finale. Again, Captain Holt was pure gold (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaBfSCF3hLY)

Only 2 more days until the final season premiere!

BestSportsEntertainer
08-14-2021, 05:08 PM
"The Good Ones" was not good at all. It was rushed, unfunny, and frankly depressing. There weren't enough funny/lighthearted moments to balance out the seriousness (Rosa quitting the 99, Hitchcock retiring, Holt and Kevin separating, Jake and Rosa's case). The episode felt like a lecture instead of a sitcom episode. B99 has done a good job of portraying serious real life issues before (like in "Moo Moo"), but this didn't work.

"The Beach House" was good and classic B99. Jake and Terry's banter. Boyle nurturing and accidentally locking Amy's baby in a room alone. And as always, pretty everything Captain Holt did.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-26-2021, 06:07 PM
Doug Judy is back for one last ride!!