PDA

View Full Version : New Titles For NXT

Jack-Hammer
03-06-2021, 05:03 PM
Last Wednesday, following the match between Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax vs. Dakota Kai & Raquel Gonzalez, and after the sight of William Regal and Adam Pearce "arguing" behind closed doors, Regal said he had an announcement next week that would change the landscape of NXT.

I immediately thought that Regal would announce he'd be introducing NXT's set of women's tag team titles due to "WWE" screwing them over. Sure enough, there's a report going around that WWE does indeed plan to introduce women's tag titles to the black and gold brand.

If this is true, I'm conflicted. On one hand, when you see the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship, you see a set of title belts that seem to exist for the sake of political correctness and for two women to generally carry around for a while. The vast majority of female tag teams on the "main roster" are makeshift, thrown together teams that nobody really gives a crap about because they're not given reasons to give a crap about them.

Now, such a title existing in NXT automatically makes me think that the titles will be useless. However, I remember that NXT's booking as a whole, including its championships, is very much superior to that of the "main roster." Now, that doesn't mean I think NXT needs a women's tag title but I do have more confidence in NXT's usage of said title than I've seen out of WWE's "main roster."

I'm willing to give NXT a shot here because, as I alluded to, NXT simply does a better job all around, especially with its champions, than the "main roster."

Y 2 Jake
03-06-2021, 07:26 PM
Pointless. The main roster tag titles could serve a purpose if they put them on an NXT team.