PDA

View Full Version : Kane and The Great Khali To Be Inducted To The Hall of Fame

Fallout
03-24-2021, 11:33 AM
Kane is a no-brainer, but Khali is an interesting choice that I could go either way on, given that some other people more deserving than him have yet to be inducted.

On the one hand, yeah Khali was pretty foul in the ring and his promo skills were non-existent. On the other, he made a pretty big impact in his first few years with the company, had a solid spot for over half a decade afterwards as a comedy act, and is a pretty big deal in India. So I dunno, there are better and worse people to induct than Khali, and probably lesser people already in.

Storm Trooper
03-24-2021, 01:14 PM
Kane is a guy that I'm surprised it took so long, although I think they were waiting for Taker to retire and break character so he can induct him (there is zero other people to do it and if it isn't him I'd be kinda pissed).

The same can be said for Great Khali. He was a lumbering fool in terms of technical ability (he's 7'4 he's not supposed to do sunset flips and swantons), but he was a world champion and legit superstar. He is also someone who WWE has tried to replace ever since he retired, and have been unable to do so. WWE is currently on TV in India because of him. I fail to see any way you can say he doesn't belong.

EnviousDominous
03-24-2021, 02:00 PM
Kane has had so much respect from the wrestling world, I think he should have been allowed to wait for a larger audience.

Khali was a slouch in his later years, but he was pretty limber when he wrestled in CMLL and NJPW.

Very happy for both of them.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-24-2021, 02:16 PM
Kane is a no-brainer. Khali is fine. He was world champion and huge in India.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-24-2021, 06:27 PM
Good for both guys.

Jack-Hammer
03-25-2021, 02:35 AM
We've all either had or seen other have the he/she "deserves" induction into the HOF but I don't think there can be any question when it comes to Kane. Aside from a plethora of titles in WWE, a total of 19 in all, Kane was a central figure during the Attitude Era. He'll always be connected to the Undertaker, understandably, and always in Taker's shadow to a large degree but the man had a helluva career in WWE. One of the last great big men to come along in the last 30 years.

As for Khali...eh...well, I have a feeling this has more to do with a business decision. WWE shows are drawing well in India and Khali is a pretty big star there, so WWE is always open to anything that they think will only serve as to increase their audience there. Khali is among the worst workers in WWE history but, like him or not, unskilled or not, the man's size alone made him memorable.

Y 2 Jake
03-25-2021, 05:38 AM
Bryan to induct Kane. Can't wait to try and make out Khali's acceptance speech.