PDA

View Full Version : Here's another hot rumor: Shane's match

DNA 2.0
03-11-2018, 11:17 AM
Oh my this Wrestlemania just gets better and better :lmao:

While Owens and Zayn will be in the battle royal, Shane will be facing Dolph Ziggler.

Read that again, but slowly. Dolph. Ziggler.

And apparently, Shane could even win.

ShinChan
03-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Single Word Reaction - Face-palm. ��*♂️��*♂️

#AbsoluteUnit
03-11-2018, 11:42 AM
Reading this, leaves me very underwhelmed.

smarkmouth
03-11-2018, 11:46 AM
This is a match that should be fighting it's way to get on the pre-show, but it's plausible it will be given more hype than AJ vs Nak. I've never felt like a WrestleMania was deliberately trying to siphon off my enthusiasm before.

'Ravishing' Ned Flanders
03-11-2018, 11:52 AM
This is just awful.

I'd be pissed if they did this on a random Smackdown let alone the biggest event of the year. If this happens i maycgive up entirely

Yaz
03-11-2018, 01:21 PM
This is just awful.

I'd be pissed if they did this on a random Smackdown let alone the biggest event of the year. If this happens i maycgive up entirely

But you won't. This isn't a shot at you, but this is a shot at the people who complain they are going to boycott WWE or not watch Wrestlemania or any of the other things jaded fans say on message boards.

It is fine to be upset with the product, especially when the product is fucking Smackdown right now. It is even fine to tune out. Since Jider was doing his hinder the main event routine, I've tuned out a lot too. Just isn't much there that peaks my interest. Rather, the stuff that does peak my interest is buried inside lazy six way matches and being jobbed out every week. I've been a wrestling/WWE fan though for the better part of 25 years. I have seen some shit, and by this point I don't think there is anything that could truly turn me away for good, and most people are that way. People just like to make a fuss and feel special. It is why no matter what type of forum or message board or social media you go on, there are people who claim they no longer watch the show or listen to the music or read the books but they still have an opinion on how bad it is. It is all about them feeling superior.

Again, not a shot at you, because this isn't even the worst thing I have seen in regards to Wrestlemania. Someone (and you know them well Franku) claimed they would watch Wrestlemania but stop when the Brock/Roman match came on.

FunKay
03-11-2018, 01:54 PM
I am so painfully uninterested in this as a possible match that I can hardly articulate it. Why would I care about the guy (who isn't a wrestler, as others will stress to point out) who jumps off stuff and is a terrible boss versus the guy who is a legend in his own mind and the same character he was six years ago having a poor facsimile of a match that featured the best wrestler in the company last year? What is their beef? Why should I care? And why is this potentially getting onto the main card while guys like Zayn & Owens, who have been in a feud with Shane for six months, are relegated in favour of Dolph fucking Ziggler? I just...lord why?

BestSportsEntertainer
03-11-2018, 01:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYnhckZcllU

Only appropriate response

Jack-Hammer
03-11-2018, 02:13 PM
So....two of the top guys in the company right now, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn, are going to be relegated to the mid-carder battle royal while Shane McMahon gets yet another singles match at the biggest show of the year. :mad: :mad:

Do you ever get nasty thoughts in your head regarding Vince McMahon? I mean, genuinely bad thoughts that make you question your own ethics as a human being like...I dunno....maybe hoping that he gets a tumor so he'll step down? I'm having a few of those thoughts right now.

I just don't know why Vince McMahon keeps believing that his son is some sort of draw. Lesnar vs. Reigns II is a draw, the mixed tag team match is a draw, Styles vs. Nakamura is a draw. Shane McMahon vs. Dolph Ziggler couldn't draw flies if they were both dead for a week and smeared in crap.

If given a choice, I'd much rather see Zayn & Owens in a singles match and see Shane and Ziggler in the battle royal.

I really hope this turns out to be one of those rumors with no weight behind it.

Yaz
03-11-2018, 02:16 PM
I have found a silver lining. I hope, I hope, I hope with the highest of hope that this happens.

Dolph does his whole angry face shouting super intense "I steal the show" routine that impresses no one, but WWE keeps treating him like a big deal. When they build him up and he becomes the first guy to lose to Shane since Shane made his return, they just fucking bury him. He just stops getting on TV, stops appearing in ads, and maybe he just straight up stops breathing.....actually if he can survive dating Amy Schumer he can probably survive anything.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-11-2018, 02:19 PM
Another thing that doesn't make sense - Shane vs Owens/Zayn has been building for months now. Are they really gonna build Shane vs Ziggler in less than a month?

smarkmouth
03-11-2018, 03:12 PM
While Owens and Zayn will be in the battle royal, Shane will be facing Dolph Ziggler.

And why is this potentially getting onto the main card while guys like Zayn & Owens, who have been in a feud with Shane for six months, are relegated in favour of Dolph fucking Ziggler? I just...lord why?

So....two of the top guys in the company right now, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn, are going to be relegated to the mid-carder battle royal while Shane McMahon gets yet another singles match at the biggest show of the year. :mad: :mad:

If given a choice, I'd much rather see Zayn & Owens in a singles match and see Shane and Ziggler in the battle royal.

Another thing that doesn't make sense - Shane vs Owens/Zayn has been building for months now. Are they really gonna build Shane vs Ziggler in less than a month?

It really makes you consider the audacity of the McMahon family ego. Is it possible that this Zayn/KO/Shane/Daniel program failed to get traction, so the family said "Hey, this isn't working. Must be because the audience isn't interested in Kevin or Sami."

Yaz
03-11-2018, 03:36 PM
It really makes you consider the audacity of the McMahon family ego. Is it possible that this Zayn/KO/Shane/Daniel program failed to get traction, so the family said "Hey, this isn't working. Must be because the audience isn't interested in Kevin or Sami."

The worst part of this, is it is absolutely 100% their line of rationale. Vince was the antagonist to the biggest star of the Attitude Era, so he must be money. Stephanie wants to build a brand around herself, so she has to be booked as money. The Wrestlemania 32 ticket sales were meh until Shane and Undertaker were announced, so Shane must be money.

Those two Canadian fellas who were two of the biggest independent stars of the last decade? People just don't like them.

jmt225
03-11-2018, 04:22 PM
I think a Shane/Dolph No DQ match could be a lot of fun, but on a show like Fastlane, not Wrestlemania. Especially when we're less than a month away from 'Mania and Shane and Dolph have had nothing to do with each other.

Maybe Dolph's new contract implemented a clause where he was guaranteed one big Wrestlemania single's match, and this was the bone WWE threw at him lol.

But yeah, this is lame, for sure. Hopefully it doesn't happen.

DNA 2.0
03-11-2018, 09:16 PM
Ok, after what happened at Fast Lane, I don't think the rumor is true. Which is odd. Usually, Wrestlemania rumors turn out to be true, but none have turned out true so far this year!!

BestSportsEntertainer
03-11-2018, 11:40 PM
Ok, after what happened at Fast Lane, I don't think the rumor is true. Which is odd. Usually, Wrestlemania rumors turn out to be true, but none have turned out true so far this year!!

I think WWE has been leaking false reports on purpose.

Lee
03-11-2018, 11:45 PM
And Ziggler/Shane would make sense. All you have is Shane come out call him a POS for dropping the US title, he had two opportunities to show he's as good as he claims he is and fails. How dare he disrespect the company the mcmahons built etc.

ShinChan
03-12-2018, 03:55 AM
Someone (and you know them well Franku) claimed they would watch Wrestlemania but stop when the Brock/Roman match came on.
And I actually stand by what I claimed. Don't worry. I won't see it. Because I'm not interested. You should if you're interested. I hope that you'll enjoy. :)

A11
03-12-2018, 04:42 PM
This is a positive imo. Like Yaz pointed out Dolph loses to shane, which means Sami and Kevin are away from that garbage but more importantly dont take the fall. I dont have to watch Shane and Ziggler in separate matches. Owens can eliminate Zayn from the battle royal and set something up that will actually make the two look good. Plus in terms of gender equality and womens wrestling making strides, the men will be the piss break this year or worse case scenario they'll go one for one

SD619
03-12-2018, 06:32 PM
The thought of Dolph selling for Shane's offense makes me want to puke. But on a positive note, I can easily skip over the match (can't watch WM live anyway) on the Network.

ShinChan
03-13-2018, 07:45 AM
The thought of Dolph selling for Shane's offense makes me want to puke. But on a positive note, I can easily skip over the match (can't watch WM live anyway) on the Network.
As my memory says, you're from India, right? Won't be watching live? Why? By the way, it is gonna be live in Hindi as well.

ShinChan
03-13-2018, 07:56 AM
As my memory says, you're from India, right? Won't be watching live? Why? By the way, it is gonna be live in Hindi as well.

SD619
03-16-2018, 06:52 AM

Yep, I'm from India. But I currently live in Spain where WM starts around 1 (I think). I'd watch it overnight, but I have exams the next day :(