PDA

View Full Version : Braun Strowman and Aleister Black Released, Among Others

Fallout
06-02-2021, 10:25 AM
The others are Murphy, Lana, Ruby Riott and Santana Garrett.

Strowman's release in particular seems insane, they seemed keen to make him the next Big Show. Black's release is a big surprise too, especially after his return to TV.

Rumour has it these major cuts, on top of major cuts to WWE corporate, might be down to Vince preparing to sell the company, perhaps to Peacock. Who knows, but Strowman and Black still stun me.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-02-2021, 10:34 AM
I'd love to see Braun Strowman, Lana, Aleister Black, and Murphy in AEW. I don't want everyone in AEW, but talents like these are hard to pass on.

As Fallout said, Braun looked like the next Big Show. He flashed major potential in 2017 but never quite reached that level again.

Fallout
06-02-2021, 10:37 AM
They fumbled Braun a lot when he was hot, but I'm glad he got an opportunity eventually to be champion. He was probably going to stabilise into that Big Show role of being a bridesmaid, never the bride kind of deal.

Other than Garrett, who I'm not familiar with, all have potential in AEW, especially Strowman and Black. Ruby Riott from what I've been told isn't worth sleeping on either for the Women's Division.

The only way I can figure out Strowman, other than a major incident we don't know about, was that they couldn't negotiate his contract cheaper for a potential sell-off.

Yer Maw
06-02-2021, 12:46 PM
AEW will be rubbing their hands and licking their lips

Y 2 Jake
06-02-2021, 01:28 PM
I've read what they were paying Strowman and is he really worth that investment anymore? All the fault of WWE, he should be, but he's not.

Stone Cold Tea
06-02-2021, 01:33 PM
I've read what they were paying Strowman and is he really worth that investment anymore? All the fault of WWE, he should be, but he's not.

I wouldn't say it was WWE's fault that Strowman couldn't cut a decent promo after 8 years with them.

The Strowman and the Aleister Black release are definitely shocking. Didn't Aleister close Smackdwon less than a week ago?

Yer Maw
06-02-2021, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't say it was WWE's fault that Strowman couldn't cut a decent promo after 8 years with them.

The Strowman and the Aleister Black release are definitely shocking. Didn't Aleister close Smackdwon less than a week ago?

Strowman did have a couple of good promos on Raw and and raw talk when he was feuding with Shane.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-02-2021, 06:16 PM
Yep, didn't see that coming.