Bobby Fish
Ari Sterling
Jake Atlas
Kona Reeves
Zechariah Smith
Asher Hale
Giant Zanjeer
Stephon Smith

Bronson Reed was Main Roster Bound, hell he worked Dark matches at RAW/SD. Tyler Rust is currently part of Diamond Mine, but he's easily replaceable as the group is based around Roderick Strong. Jake Atlas has been featured on TV in spurts.

But the biggest stupid about this is that the releases happened DURING Smackdown. I mean seriously that's stupid ass timing. Do it in the morning, do it over the Weekend. But NOT when your company is currently airing your biggest show on NETWORK TELEVISION.

Storm Trooper
08-06-2021, 08:15 PM
205 Live is currently airing on Peacock.

Leon Ruff and Ari Sterling are both wrestling on 205 Live right now, less than an hour after they got fired.

klunderbunker
08-06-2021, 08:45 PM
205 Live is currently airing on Peacock.

Leon Ruff and Ari Sterling are both wrestling on 205 Live right now, less than an hour after they got fired.

It's almost like they have no plans for these cuts in advance. Or they don't care about 205 Live and didn't read the results for this week.

Storm Trooper
08-06-2021, 08:49 PM
It's almost like they have no plans for these cuts in advance. Or they don't care about 205 Live and didn't read the results for this week.

When I first read this I read the first half as sarcasm and the 2nd half as legit.

But the truth is both halves are likely true. At least the only guy currently in a story this time was Tyler Rust (an ancillary part of Diamond Mine).

klunderbunker
08-06-2021, 08:50 PM
As has been the case with a lot of the cuts, most of these mean absolutely nothing.

The three biggest names are Reed (that's a confusing one), Fish (44 and made of glass, wrestling four times this year (three of which were in July alone) and Martinez (40 and there to put people over).

The rest....how many of them have done anything of note this year? This is a lot of cutting the fat from WWE and that is not a bad thing. THe fact that we have to be approaching 50 names released this year and outside of Strowman and Wyatt (or perhaps one or two more that I'm forgetting), the midcard and above has barely been touched suggests that the roster was WAY too big.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-06-2021, 09:44 PM
Bronson Reed is the only surprise. Doing this during Smackdown is really stupid.

Stone Cold Tea
08-07-2021, 05:53 AM
I only know Bobby Fish and that's from WWE Top 20 debuts or something like that.

What difference does it make if they did this during Smackdown or not?

Y 2 Jake
08-07-2021, 07:36 AM
They're acknowledging that some people don't have potential on the main roster but it's also a question of what they're actually looking for.

Bronson Reed is the only surprising one. But at least he's going out after being booked competently.

BestSportsEntertainer
08-07-2021, 12:26 PM
I only know Bobby Fish and that's from WWE Top 20 debuts or something like that.

What difference does it make if they did this during Smackdown or not?

The conversation on social media switched from how good Smackdown was to the releases.

#AbsoluteUnit
08-07-2021, 05:30 PM
I know like 4 of these people. But it always sucks when someone loses their job.