PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Awards: Commentator of the Year

Storm Trooper
01-19-2022, 01:24 PM
More specific than non-wrestler.

Who was the best broadcaster?

Storm Trooper
01-19-2022, 06:11 PM
This award is the Pat McAfee award. It is simple as that.

I'm incredibly fond of Wade Barretts work on NXT but he's a distant second to McAfee. McAfee is the biggest breath of fresh air to wrestling broadcasting. He doesn't talk about moves. He has FUN, which in turn makes us have fun watching. We as fans all need to remember to have fun while watching the shows, as it will be a better experience.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-20-2022, 11:24 AM
Biggest and easiest lay up in the award voting.

It's Pat.

Trooper pretty much summed up everything I was going to say. Pat just brings Charisma and energy to the broadcast, something WWE has been missing for some time.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-20-2022, 02:43 PM
The biggest layup ever. Pat McAfee singlehandedly makes Smackdown great every week. He's the closest we'll ever get to prime JR and King. If I took over for WWE, the first thing I'd do is triple his salary.

Storm Trooper
01-21-2022, 03:23 PM
The biggest layup ever. Pat McAfee singlehandedly makes Smackdown great every week. He's the closest we'll ever get to prime JR and King. If I took over for WWE, the first thing I'd do is triple his salary.
I'd literally give him a bigger contract than Fanduel gave him (reportedly $30M a year). I always live in worry that he will eventually burn out with his crazy schedule.

BestSportsEntertainer
01-21-2022, 05:14 PM
I'd literally give him a bigger contract than Fanduel gave him (reportedly $30M a year). I always live in worry that he will eventually burn out with his crazy schedule.

I'm glad to see someone loves McAfee as much as I do lol

#AbsoluteUnit
01-21-2022, 06:02 PM

4 year, $130 million. Yeah, I'm a big fan of him.