PDA

View Full Version : So......This Place Is Kind Of Dead

klunderbunker
02-16-2023, 06:22 PM
It was never quite a booming metropolis but things have gone almost eerily quiet in the last month or so.

Simply put, if it doesn't pick up, we're probably going to take the place down. There's just no point in keeping it up as a place for me to advertise my reviews at the end of every WWE show.

We'll give it say a week or two, but if things don't pick up by a least a bit, it's probably done.

ABMorales787
02-23-2023, 03:07 PM
I've been nearly completely disconnected from everything but my Facebook since a Hurricane hit us in September. So it's pretty sad to finally access my computer, check all my bookmarks and spot this.

But if there's one thing to take away it's how far many of us in this community have come and we all still remember where we come from.

Live mas.

klunderbunker
02-24-2023, 12:53 PM
You know you're always welcome in our other place.

Stone Cold Tea
02-24-2023, 05:26 PM
Makes sense I guess. It's a shame. Are BSE and StormTrooper in the other spot?

They were the lifeblood of this place.

Storm Trooper
02-24-2023, 05:34 PM

Considering I do not know of another place, I would say the answer is no.

klunderbunker
02-24-2023, 08:38 PM

It's been discussed.

Stone Cold Tea
02-24-2023, 08:39 PM

Well, it would be a shame to see this place close down. There's people here that I have discussed wrestling with for 13+ years.

I've graduated from 2g to 5g discussing wrestling on these forums

#AbsoluteUnit
02-24-2023, 09:37 PM

I was in this as well.

klunderbunker
02-25-2023, 03:45 AM
It's certainly not guaranteed to do so as it's hardly some burden to keep it up.

Yer Maw
02-25-2023, 04:32 AM
What's the other place?

Spidey
02-25-2023, 05:20 PM
A few here like me went to wrestlingsmarks for some convos but idk any other places. Shame about SCF man but yeah this place shouldn't be a burden.

Hope to still see you guys around though wherever you roam.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-25-2023, 06:40 PM

How did you not mention #RicSolarFlair

#AbsoluteUnit
02-25-2023, 08:01 PM

Neither do I. Nor are we welcomed to their "other place". Even though you, BSE, and me are the 3 most consistent posters here. Which is also the three of us being the 3 top posters on the site. When everyone else decided to leave, the three of us stayed. Maybe we weren't that "informal" on wrestling like everyone else was. Well, maybe you Trooper, definitely not me or BSE. It's cool though, invite others to "your other place". It's not like Trooper, BSE and myself were trying to let this place down, no. We were actually trying to help. But you can't hold us back in not knowing of your secret society and leaving us out in the cold.

Storm Trooper
02-25-2023, 11:51 PM
I tried everything to keep this place up aside from marketing it to outsiders. Started LDs for everything for a couple years when no one was here, would post some threads about major newsworthy events. Hell ran the Fantasy League for a few seasons. It is a shame it is dying, but it has been BSE, #RSF (now #AbsoluteUnit) and myself for over a year so it isn't surprising that there's talk of shutting it down.

But given that apparently there is another place I guess it isn't surprising there was no one else around. Spending over 10 years with you guys, migrating from WrestleZone, members dying (I cried when I saw Mustang Sally died, she was the nicest person on the internet), we've gone through a lot together.

I'll forever cherish the time I've spent with WZF and now SCF. I've met some great people through it. I tried to keep it as active as possible for as long as I could but after over a year of just the 3 of us it was clear there was no point in trying to keep it active. With no other options available to me due to lack of knowledge/invitation of a separate entity I began posting on a new forum that is active. But this place and the people here have held a special place in my heart for the past 13+ years.

If this is goodbye then goodbye, and thank you all for the memories. If I see you all again I will be glad. I truly hope for the best for everyone.

Stone Cold Tea
02-26-2023, 04:46 PM
How did you not mention #RicSolarFlair

Heel turn

ABMorales787
02-28-2023, 05:39 PM
Jesus Christ, the other place is a simple chat to keep in touch since a few of us did develop our careers thanks to WZ so we stay in touch.

Y'all make it sound like there's a second SCF we bailed off to.

BestSportsEntertainer
02-28-2023, 09:50 PM
It doesn’t really matter. There were 3 people left and once those 3 people left, it was over. I’m loving the new place.

Slyfox696
03-01-2023, 05:51 PM
What's the other place?

You should see it. Literally rivers of cherry Kool-Aid and unlimited caviar. It's fantastic.

A few here like me went to wrestlingsmarks for some convos but idk any other places. Shame about SCF man but yeah this place shouldn't be a burden.

Hope to still see you guys around though wherever you roam.

It is a shame, but it's kind of a natural evolution. Web forums in general are just past their prime.

Neither do I. Nor are we welcomed to their "other place".
All jokes aside, it's not some other special forum. And neither myself nor Klunder actually set it up, so we wouldn't even be able to unilaterally invite anyone anyways.

Even though you, BSE, and me are the 3 most consistent posters here. Which is also the three of us being the 3 top posters on the site. When everyone else decided to leave, the three of us stayed.
I didn't decide to leave so much as I simply ran out of time and out of interest in wrestling. There's a reason why KB hosts the forum now and not me.

Maybe we weren't that "informal" on wrestling like everyone else was. Well, maybe you Trooper, definitely not me or BSE. It's cool though, invite others to "your other place". It's not like Trooper, BSE and myself were trying to let this place down, no. We were actually trying to help. But you can't hold us back in not knowing of your secret society and leaving us out in the cold.
It seems as if you're taking this as a slight and it was never intended that way. It's not reflective of your posting quality or your contributions here. The "other place" has existed in its exact same form for as long as this place has. In other words, aside from the people who were in the chat at the beginning, I do not believe anyone else has come aboard.

I tried everything to keep this place up aside from marketing it to outsiders. Started LDs for everything for a couple years when no one was here, would post some threads about major newsworthy events. Hell ran the Fantasy League for a few seasons. It is a shame it is dying, but it has been BSE, #RSF (now #AbsoluteUnit) and myself for over a year so it isn't surprising that there's talk of shutting it down.
In all honesty, if life hadn't changed, I'd still be hosting the forum on servers I paid for and we'd probably keep rolling until the tumbleweeds took over. But that alternate reality does not exist and KB and I both kind of feel the same way. And, in all honesty, I'd probably defer to KB on the decision anyways.

But given that apparently there is another place I guess it isn't surprising there was no one else around. Spending over 10 years with you guys, migrating from WrestleZone, members dying (I cried when I saw Mustang Sally died, she was the nicest person on the internet), we've gone through a lot together.

I'll forever cherish the time I've spent with WZF and now SCF.
Same.

If this is goodbye then goodbye, and thank you all for the memories. If I see you all again I will be glad. I truly hope for the best for everyone.
Same.

It doesn?t really matter. There were 3 people left and once those 3 people left, it was over. I?m loving the new place.
Like we'd let in the likes of YOU. :wink:

Fallout
03-09-2023, 01:34 PM
A shame to see things reach this point, but not entirely unexpected. Wouldn't mind an invite to the new place, but I understand I've been kind of an ass at times over the years here, and I'm trying to improve myself nowadays. Still following wrestling, albeit not as intensely as before, but I still read KB's reviews for a perspective on things.

John
05-06-2023, 09:28 AM
It was never quite a booming metropolis but things have gone almost eerily quiet in the last month or so.

Simply put, if it doesn't pick up, we're probably going to take the place down. There's just no point in keeping it up as a place for me to advertise my reviews at the end of every WWE show.

We'll give it say a week or two, but if things don't pick up by a least a bit, it's probably done.

>Start using WZ as an advertising platform for your blog
>Throw a hissy fit when the WZ owners have a disagreement with you
>Sever the community by starting a competitor
>Barely advertise it
>Sever the community more by evidently creating a second, secret platform for discussion of your top secret crew, only dropping cryptic hints to its existence
>Act shocked when the community dies out

The demise of WZ is all on you, brother.

klunderbunker
05-09-2023, 08:10 PM
>Barely advertise it
>Sever the community more by evidently creating a second, secret platform for discussion of your top secret crew, only dropping cryptic hints to its existence

You're uh, kind of dumb.

Fallout
05-10-2023, 09:43 AM
>Barely advertise it

You are aware the departure from WZ only happened because Sly told an opportunistic kvetch to fuck off and then the supposed owners suddenly began to care about the forum after years of neglect over very weak reasoning from said kvetch?

TheManTheyCalledNorCal
05-10-2023, 11:21 AM
>Barely advertise it

Showing up to grind this axe 6 years later is fucking awesome

TheManTheyCalledNorCal
05-10-2023, 11:52 AM
Also the "secret place" shit is hilarious.

Its basically a group chat.

With like, pictures of people's children in it and shit.

Can you lot not be weird as fuck for like one single minute

JGlass
05-10-2023, 12:12 PM
Asking people that post on wrestling forums in the year 2023 to not be weird is like asking Daniel Bryan not to be the best wrestler of the 2010s: it's a little too late for that.

Lee
05-10-2023, 12:14 PM
WHAT?!

Slyfox696
05-10-2023, 01:02 PM
Nonsense, I never did that. I don't even have a blog that anyone knows about or that I post to.

>Throw a hissy fit when the WZ owners have a disagreement with youNo one threw a hissy fit, we just created our own forum where we didn't have to worry that one day, without notice or warning, everything would be gone.

LOL...No one required anyone to be exclusive to a forum. If a handful of people going somewhere else "sever[ed] the community", then the community wasn't very numerous.

>Barely advertise it
Barely advertise it? I paid for the web hosting on this for years (not to mention, own the license to the forum software) and I cannot remember a single poster coming to me (aside from KB) and offering to help with any costs. How much money did you donate or request to send me in order to pay for advertising? Also, who are you?

>Sever the community more by evidently creating a second, secret platform for discussion of your top secret crew, only dropping cryptic hints to its existence Rivers of cherry Kool-Aid, I tell ya.

>Act shocked when the community dies outWho's shocked? No one is shocked, WZ was dying before we left. It was discussed regularly. You must not have been around much then.

The demise of WZ is all on you, brother.Excuse me, I did at least much as KB, I should at least get partial credit. I also want to give a big shoutout to Uncle Sam. He knows why.

I won't lie, posts like this make me miss the forum experience. Not enough, obviously, but a little nostalgia is always fun.

klunderbunker
05-10-2023, 01:32 PM
Nonsense, I never did that. I don't even have a blog that anyone knows about or that I post to.
No one threw a hissy fit, we just created our own forum where we didn't have to worry that one day, without notice or warning, everything would be gone.

LOL...No one required anyone to be exclusive to a forum. If a handful of people going somewhere else "sever[ed] the community", then the community wasn't very numerous.

Barely advertise it? I paid for the web hosting on this for years (not to mention, own the license to the forum software) and I cannot remember a single poster coming to me (aside from KB) and offering to help with any costs. How much money did you donate or request to send me in order to pay for advertising? Also, who are you?
Rivers of cherry Kool-Aid, I tell ya.
Who's shocked? No one is shocked, WZ was dying before we left. It was discussed regularly. You must not have been around much then.

Excuse me, I did at least much as KB, I should at least get partial credit. I also want to give a big shoutout to Uncle Sam. He knows why.

I won't lie, posts like this make me miss the forum experience. Not enough, obviously, but a little nostalgia is always fun.

To his credit, Norcal did offer to help with the finances when we first did this.

TheManTheyCalledNorCal
05-10-2023, 01:49 PM
Barely advertise it? I paid for the web hosting on this for years (not to mention, own the license to the forum software) and I cannot remember a single poster coming to me (aside from KB) and offering to help with any costs.

FUCKIN EXCUUUUUUSSSEEEE ME ?

Offer still ans always stands

THOUGH IT SHOULDN'T

Dick.

TheManTheyCalledNorCal
05-10-2023, 01:50 PM
To his credit, Norcal did offer to help with the finances when we first did this.

Whoops, didnt see this

Ill go now lmaooooo

TheManTheyCalledNorCal
05-10-2023, 01:53 PM
I also want to give a big shoutout to Uncle Sam. He knows why.

We keep that a "secret" 🙏

So ive been told 👀

John
05-10-2023, 06:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF44OPOEfYY&t=9s

klunderbunker
05-10-2023, 08:05 PM
Well my uncle was the inspiration for Moe on that show so I'll take credit for the clip too.

Slyfox696
05-11-2023, 05:32 AM
FUCKIN EXCUUUUUUSSSEEEE ME ?

Offer still ans always stands

THOUGH IT SHOULDN'T

Dick.

I said I "cannot remember". Feel free to blame it on old age. Though I still don't remember it. But I do believe you. But not KB, strangely enough.