PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Bryan cleared to wrestle!

Lee
03-20-2018, 01:10 PM
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/976172642972598273

Fallout
03-20-2018, 01:11 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/8d06e785ff67f57d548b9fc3bae9aa67/tenor.gif

Jack-Hammer
03-20-2018, 01:20 PM
Part of me is nervous for the guy and part of me is insanely glad for him. It's what he wanted and whether it's for the best or not, he's got it.

SmackDown Live should be a noteworthy show tonight as this announcement will be worked into the show somehow.

supermatto64
03-20-2018, 01:33 PM
Super happy for him.

Theo
03-20-2018, 01:50 PM
I am beyond thrilled hearing this news. Hearing how passionate Bryan is about wrestling and being cleared by multiple sources except WWE doctors gives me the feeling he is more than ok to compete. I fully expect this to lead to a tag match at Mania now with Bryan and Shane against Owens and Zayn. Definitely looking forward to seeing where this goes further down the line. An exciting time to be a wrestling fan, I suppose.

SD619
03-20-2018, 02:11 PM
Can't wait to see how this pans out. Hopefully Bryan can be healthy for a decent time in this run.

Also, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttiGTC5B2gg

Uncle Sam
03-20-2018, 02:13 PM
Just give me the Brock Lesnar match. Just give me that match. Even if it kills him. Even if it kills me. Everything else is gravy.

smarkmouth
03-20-2018, 02:32 PM
I can't help but think of Shawn Michaels in 2002. Returning after a lengthy absence in a completely new WWE. Man out of time stuff right here.

Bryan versus Pete Dunne. That's all I want.

Elky
03-20-2018, 03:05 PM
I can't help but think of Shawn Michaels in 2002. Returning after a lengthy absence in a completely new WWE. Man out of time stuff right here.

Bryan versus Pete Dunne. That's all I want.

Don't forget that HBK was only intending to wrestle for Summerslam 2002. He didn't get back to being a full-timer again until Survivor Series that year.

As a precautionary measure, I'd only have Bryan be a part-timer.

Dave
03-20-2018, 04:24 PM
I actually can't believe how much this has thrilled me, to the point where I'm actually excited FOR him. Excellent news for the guy. Let's hope he stays injury free for years to come. The WWE needs him now more than ever.

CyberPunk
03-20-2018, 04:33 PM
WrestleMania season just became a whole lot more interesting. There's been a long build-up about something with Shane, Owens and Zayne and finally it can conclude in the ring.

Initial reports suggest this is part time, but I'm not complaining. It's better for him to ease into action instead of going in head first (no pun intended). There are many dream matches that can happen. AJ Styles, Nakamura, Balor, Rollins, even Miz with whom he had some great build which can be explored post mania.

So many possibilities!

FunKay
03-20-2018, 05:07 PM
HBK post back injury is a very astute observation for the most part and I think he'll be treated similarly - almost constant screen presence alongside semi-regular in-ring schedule.

I'm over the moon for him (selfishly for me too of course) and his mere presence makes the Sami/Kevin/Shane storyline worth it. Back in the place where he achieved the pinnacle, Daniel Bryan returns to slay the thorns in his side (obviously Miz would've been ideal, but this works with Zayn/Owens too).

I hope he modifies is style to accommodate less potential for neck/head trauma and can remain healthy beyond a few months. The potential matches available to him are staggering even with only two years passing since his retirement. Styles, Nak, Strowman, Balor, Roode, Zayn, Owens, the list goes on for potential slobberknockers.

DNA 2.0
03-20-2018, 09:12 PM
Just give me the Brock Lesnar match. Just give me that match. Even if it kills him. Even if it kills me. Everything else is gravy.

Summerslam 2013 Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan? Sure. That's a dream match.

Suplex City Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan? Please no, unless Bryan wins.

DNA 2.0
03-20-2018, 09:14 PM
Everytime Bryan dives through the ropes or delivers a flying headbutt, my heart will stop.

Uncle Sam
03-21-2018, 03:31 AM

Are we just forgetting Lesnar's match against AJ Styles at Survivor Series in November?

Big Nick Dudley
03-21-2018, 10:33 AM
Summerslam 2013 Brock Lesnar vs Daniel Bryan? Sure. That's a dream match.

Win or lose, wrestling fans should be happy with a great match. But yeah, I want him to win as well.

Are we just forgetting Lesnar's match against AJ Styles at Survivor Series in November?

Apparently. I share your enthusiasm for this match and now that it's possible, the letdown when it doesn't happen will probably put me in the dirt as well.

DNA 2.0
03-21-2018, 11:17 AM

In my heart, I will always believe that Brock Lesnar can deliver better matches if he drops the Suplex City thing, even if some of his matches right now are good (Fatal-4-Way, Joe, Styles, RR 2015, WM 31). These matches would have been better and could be better. But I get it, "sports entertainment" and "WWE Universe". There's demand for Suplex City, trademarks and brands, more than there's demand of actual in ring competition. That has always been the WWE since the first day Vince took over.

DNA 2.0
03-21-2018, 11:19 AM

To add something more.. I still remember that back in 2015 or late 2014, Bryan did an interview saying that he wants Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31 and that if that match happens, he has something in mind that fans in the USA have never seen before... It still buffles me, up to this day. What kind of masterpiece Bryan had in mind.

smarkmouth
03-21-2018, 11:04 PM
To add something more.. I still remember that back in 2015 or late 2014, Bryan did an interview saying that he wants Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31 and that if that match happens, he has something in mind that fans in the USA have never seen before... It still buffles me, up to this day. What kind of masterpiece Bryan had in mind.
I remember that interview and have the same deep curiosity. At this point, though, I have too little faith in Lesnar's tenure to hope for that match. I do hope, however, Daniel's idea translates well in a match with, say, Strowman, or even Sullivan.

DNA 2.0
03-21-2018, 11:52 PM
I remember that interview and have the same deep curiosity. At this point, though, I have too little faith in Lesnar's tenure to hope for that match. I do hope, however, Daniel's idea translates well in a match with, say, Strowman, or even Sullivan.

Or Joe...

Jack-Hammer
03-22-2018, 11:41 AM
Dave Meltzer is reporting that one of the conditions in which WWE agreed to clear Bryan was that he'd see the WWE doctors and undergo impact testing and a neuropsychological evaluation after every match until WWE is comfortable that he's alright.

So, I imagine Bryan was tested after the main event segment on SmackDown Live this past Tuesday and, if this report is true, it'll probably happen every time he gets physical or takes a significant bump. Personally, I'm hoping Bryan eliminates the diving head butt from his arsenal and if he insists on doing a missile dropkick, maybe he should alter is so that he lands on his stomach.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-22-2018, 05:48 PM
Never was a DB fan, probably never will be. However, it's cool to see him return. Look, I like the guy as an on-screen character. I always thought after Bryan's last injury, that DB would be a perfect attraction as a GM. He's done that, and he's done a pretty good job. But....I couldn't stand him at his highest, and I can't stand him now. Before everyone comes quoting me, I think he's done an incredible job getting himself over, and having the fans have a reason to invest in him. Good for him for making it through his inactivity. I'm not a fan, but I applaud him for overcoming the odds to do what he loves to do.

Jack-Hammer
03-22-2018, 06:33 PM
I suppose a major reason why this has been such welcome news among wrestling fans is because everything just seems so damned negative these days. Wherever you turn, whether it's discussion on movies, music, TV shows, politics, religion or pretty much anything else, there's little or nothing but negativity or people at each other's throats over one thing or another. It's been so painfully obvious that Daniel Bryan loves being a pro wrestler and he desperately wanted to return to doing it, so it's something of a feel good story in a time where there's not very much positivity going about. I hope very, very much that it works out the way everyone, or at least decent human beings, want it to as it's nice to see a nice guy come out on top for a change.

Uncle Sam
03-23-2018, 03:40 AM
It's been so painfully obvious that Daniel Bryan loves being a pro wrestler and he desperately wanted to return to doing it, so it's something of a feel good story in a time where there's not very much positivity going about.

This is an excellent point, and speaks to why I want to see Daniel Bryan versus Brock Lesnar so much. It's not just a David and Goliath battle, nor even just a match between two excellent competitors - in terms of wrestling philosophy, Bryan and Lesnar are as polar opposite as is possible. Compare and contrast their respective "retirements": Daniel Bryan, tears in his eyes, reluctantly giving up his dream because of medical advice, thanking the fans for making him feel like a superhero; Brock Lesnar, fresh off of stinking the place out in his final match, middle fingers raised, off to an unsuccessful football career. Daniel Bryan doesn't want to play football, Daniel Bryan doesn't even want to be a general manager - he wants to wrestle and he wants to wrestle because he loves it. Brock Lesnar will wrestle when the price is right.

Big Nick Dudley
03-24-2018, 07:10 AM
Hopefully WWE listens when the fans go absolutely insane for Bryan. This is going to make things 10Ã? harder on Reigns, too.

FunKay
03-24-2018, 07:16 AM
It's a tightrope act with Bryan at present: given his history of injury they don't want to push him too hard too fast in case something goes awry health wise, but at the same time the fan demand is going to be exceptionally high given just how popular a performer Bryan was/is.

The obvious answer is to keep him preoccupied with the IC title and Miz for the foreseeable future as it gives the crowd a satisfactory spot for Bryan, and if they play it right, it's an angle that could really last through the summer, by which point they'll have a better grasp on where Bryan is in terms of his health.

Big Nick Dudley
03-24-2018, 07:38 AM
It's a tightrope act with Bryan at present: given his history of injury they don't want to push him too hard too fast in case something goes awry health wise, but at the same time the fan demand is going to be exceptionally high given just how popular a performer Bryan was/is.

The obvious answer is to keep him preoccupied with the IC title and Miz for the foreseeable future as it gives the crowd a satisfactory spot for Bryan, and if they play it right, it's an angle that could really last through the summer, by which point they'll have a better grasp on where Bryan is in terms of his health.

Maybe. Then again, you have no idea how long he will remain healthy. He would be in no more danger working in the main event scene than for the IC title. I would go in big with DB to maximize the time he has left.

Undying
03-29-2018, 11:35 AM
Maybe. Then again, you have no idea how long he will remain healthy. He would be in no more danger working in the main event scene than for the IC title. I would go in big with DB to maximize the time he has left.

I agree, Bryan is 35 and has history of injuries that led to his first retirement. I say strike while the iron is hot. Could you imagine that crowd reaction on the Raw after Mania if Bryan came out and knee'd Roman's head off for the title? Won't happen, but that happening then Bryan having a lengthy run into a showdown at Summerslam against Lesnar (if he resigns) maximizes his time like no other.

Y 2 Jake
03-29-2018, 12:24 PM
Is it possible that Bryan is the healthiest person in the promotion because he hasn't wrestled in 3 years, is medically cleared and WWE will monitor him after every match?

Sitonmyface
03-30-2018, 03:11 PM
So excited to see this man back wrestling! I thought they were going down the Owens vs Sami road for wrestlemania, but this is better...much better.