PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Bryan Medically Cleared for In-Ring Return

smarkmouth
03-20-2018, 01:11 PM
https://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/article/daniel-bryan-makes-huge-announcement

This is why we never say never.

Needless to say I'm through the roof right now. A little shocked too.

(Edit: Lee beat me to it. Go to his thread!)

Y 2 Jake
03-20-2018, 01:22 PM
It's a crying shame that his return match will involve Shane McMahon.

Y 2 Jake
03-20-2018, 01:24 PM
Unless Styles is injured and they need a challenger for Nakamura. Shit, that would be good.

smarkmouth
03-20-2018, 01:24 PM
It's a crying shame that his return match will involve Shane McMahon.
Trying not to look a gift horse in the mouth, myself.

TheManTheyCalledNorCal
03-20-2018, 01:25 PM
BAH GAWD BAH GAWD BAH GAWD

Shame he will wrestle like 10 matches until he is hurt again and at least one or two of them will be against Shane Mcmahon.

The fact they went this route instead of the Bryan Miz payoff is a fucking crime against humanity that even Pol Pot would shudder at, but I guess you take what you can in this world.

Stone Cold Tea
03-20-2018, 01:46 PM
Great. Now Roman is never gonna get over with this little goat shit running about.

Theo
03-20-2018, 02:08 PM
The fact they went this route instead of the Bryan Miz payoff is a fucking crime against humanity that even Pol Pot would shudder at, but I guess you take what you can in this world.

There's still hope. Lets say Miz wins at Mania and then the next night on Raw Miz comes out and continues to brag that he is the longest reigning cumulative IC champ ever and out comes Bryan and takes the title from Miz. Then Miz could take time off for the kid and return to feud with Bryan.

Regardless, the possibilities with Bryan back are endless. Hopefully he's as healthy as he says he is and he gets a lengthy, injury free run.

SSJPhenom
03-20-2018, 02:51 PM
I'm absolutely ecstatic about this news. I've been looking forward to Bryan returning to ring action for a very long time. Man, just thinking about the match up possibilities gives me chills.

I hope that he can stay healthy this time and get the run that he deserves.

Sean Valjean
03-20-2018, 03:15 PM
WOW. This is HBK in 2002 all over again.

Teaming with Shane at Mania seems all but certain and would be a good way to ease him back into competition. It would also allow WWE to drop the stupid feud between the two once and for all.

Anything after that depends on how healthy he can stay. Hopefully he can go a full year without incident. But the idea of seeing Bryan face Styles, Nakamura, KO, Sayn, and others has me pumped.

jmt225
03-20-2018, 04:09 PM
Couldn't be happier for Bryan.

Hope he remains safe and is able to perform to the best of his capabilities.

I also hope this isn't an indication that AJ's injury is serious. Would be heartbreaking if AJ has to miss out at Wrestlemania.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-20-2018, 05:27 PM
YES YES YES

Hopefully he doesn't get injured again.

And it is a shame his return match has to involve Shane, but oh well. At least he's back.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-20-2018, 07:55 PM
Hmm... So what happens if/when he gets injured again?

DNA 2.0
03-20-2018, 09:05 PM
Hmm... So what happens if/when he gets injured again?

It's wrestling, people get injured. What they are trying to avoid is an injury that will turn him into Chris Benoit or paralyze him. It's a huge gamble actually. But you know, Edge came back in 2004 and wrestled for 7 years after two neck injuries, Austin came back in 1997 and then came back in 2000 and wrestled 3 more years, Kurt Angle never stopped wrestling and HBK came back in 2002 and wrestled until he saw fit that he should stop wrestling.

DNA 2.0
03-20-2018, 09:10 PM
Could we leave Shane out of this and have Bryan fight Owens and Zayn alone?? We already have two tag team matches (HHH-Steph/Ronda-Angle and Braun-???/The Bar) plus a possible multi man match with Usos, New Day and BBs. We also have TWO triple threat matches and TWO battle royals. So, instead of them pairing Shane with Bryan, have Bryan take on Kevin and Zayn alone. It will have shades of WM 30, it will remind us why Bryan is an underdog and it will be more entertaining and unpredictable than Shane/Bryan teaming up.

Save the Shane appearence for Wrestlemania and have him interfere as a surprise to cost Kami the match.