PDA

View Full Version : Are you for or against Hulk Hogan returning to WWE?

jmt225
03-24-2018, 06:40 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/wwe-news-rumors-hulk-hogan-return-to-the-company-imminent-samoa-joe-update/

Reports have been floating this week that WWE is ready to allow Hulk Hogan to return to the company in some capacity.

How do you guys feel about this? Is it still too soon? Do you think Hogan should remain on the outs forever? Or do you believe Hogan's sincerity in his apologies and that he should be forgiven and welcomed back to WWE with open arms?

Slyfox696
03-24-2018, 07:36 PM
I think it is understandable why the WWE froze Hogan out, but at the end of the day, Hogan was caught on tape in what he thought was a private moment and was likely to ranting, as so many people do in their private time. If any of us were caught at a bad time, I'm sure we all would have something we'd regret.

I think it's time to bring Hogan back.

DNA 2.0
03-24-2018, 09:02 PM
I never saw anybody not wanting Austin back when he beat his wife.

On topic, I couldn't care less. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

If Hogan wants to come back and entertain the fans once more, let him come. He did "his time".

Fallout
03-25-2018, 05:06 AM
Gawker was a malignant cancer that realised when they were about to go down, they'd attempt to take Hogan down with them.

As for Hogan himself, if he can demonstrate that he's legitimately apologetic for his actions (Mark Henry had the right idea in saying Hogan should apologise to all the African-American talent), then he absolutely should be let back.

Dave
03-25-2018, 06:53 AM
I'm in the camp that would welcome him coming back. He did something wrong and he paid the price for it. But everyone deserves a second chance when they've showed true guilt and apology for their mistakes. I think Hogan has did that now. The fans would love to see him and I would too.

Stone Cold Tea
03-25-2018, 07:56 AM
Fuck Hulk Hogan. I wouldn't care if he came back, never liked the guy never will.

Jeff Deliverer of Mail
03-25-2018, 09:35 AM
I'm a major Hulkamaniac at heart, always will be. In fact, most Canadians worship the Hulkster. There's a Hogan Church nearby that has a big blonde mustache over it. If somebody is getting a mystery tag team partner and his music hits, I will automatically mark the fuck out. I don't care if he can't even climb in the ring because his knees are shot, as long as he gets to punch somebody with all his might I'll be happy.

Whatcha gonna do?!!!

Y 2 Jake
03-25-2018, 10:32 AM
There is no point having Andre The Giant or Randy Savage in a wrestling game unless the Hulkster is in it too.

Elky
03-25-2018, 11:42 AM
I think it is understandable why the WWE froze Hogan out, but at the end of the day, Hogan was caught on tape in what he thought was a private moment and was likely to ranting, as so many people do in their private time. If any of us were caught at a bad time, I'm sure we all would have something we'd regret.

In today's world, I would never assume anything is a private moment. This is especially true if I were a celebrity like Hogan. I'd only bring Hogan back if the controversy has died off.

smarkmouth
03-25-2018, 11:57 AM
I'm all for forgive and forget, providing those who have to work with him are absolutely comfortable doing so. I'm sure there will be some people who would feel uncomfortable working in the public eye alongside Hogan, and I hope it would be the prerogative to refuse doing so.

That being said, I'm against it. Sure, put him back in the Hall of Fame, but does he really add all that much more value to the current product and continuity? I know that he'd be in more of an ambassador role, but frankly, WWE already has a handful of people that actively fill that role who have less bagage with them, one of whom is named John Cena. Outside of the nostalgia-craved audience, anything Hogan can offer, Cena can offer at least twice over.

Jack-Hammer
03-25-2018, 12:40 PM
Aside from the Gawker lawsuit, Hogan has kept a pretty low profile the past few years. He hasn't become tabloid fodder by going about and shooting his mouth off, he hasn't caused any scenes or embarrassing incidents and, in some ways, the whole thing was a blessing in disguise for Hogan. For instance, the lawsuit allowed him to rebuild his fortune after Linda took him to the cleaners in divorce court and the millions he spent trying to buy Brooke Hogan a platinum music career.

As for whether I'm for or against, I'm leaning more towards against him returning to WWE but not for reasons some might think. What Hogan said was disgusting and while I'm not justifying it, anybody can lose their temper and say idiotic things that they regret later. The reasons I'm not really all that interested in having him return is because I don't want another nostalgia act all over my television every Monday night. Hogan's almost 65 years old, which is officially senior citizen territory, he hasn't feasibly been able to deliver inside the ring for well over a decade due to age and injury, WWE won't let him get physical because of injuries aside from MAYBE throwing a few right hands now and then and I'm just not interested in seeing a senior citizen "beat up" some 30 year old guy, even if it's a jobber, just so people who were fans in the 80s and 90s can get some sort of rush out of it. Hogan's been out of the spotlight for several years now and, as I said, he's kept a low profile so this is the chance to just let him fade away and leave the spotlight behind for good.

BestSportsEntertainer
03-25-2018, 12:52 PM
If Hogan is horry for what he said and has changed how he feels, then he should return. If not, he shouldn't return.

So has he changed? Well besides Hogan, who really knows. I think Vince and WWE just has to go with their gut. If they think Hogan has changed, let him return.

Yaz
03-26-2018, 07:38 AM
I have no real opinion. I think a lot of people know Hogan is and always has been a piece of shit. Him dropping racial slurs and cucking his best friend's wife doesn't surprise me.

The rumor is that Hogan will eventually replace Bryan as the SD GM. I don't think that will really move the needle, I think a lot of people are over Hogan as an attraction, especially on a near full time basis in that role. He wouldn't make me tune out though.

BaconBits
03-26-2018, 10:14 AM
I don't particularly care one way or the other. If he comes back, great. If He doesn't, that's great too. Whatever ends up working out the best for both parties is the road they should go down.

ABMorales787
03-26-2018, 11:27 AM
I don't really care either way. Hogan is man caught in a bubble within the early wrestling world. He's ignorant and has said stupid things. He was caught saying something in a manner that invaded his privacy. If he does come back, given what happened last time, we know he's not crossing any lines.

JGlass
03-27-2018, 11:40 AM

I think that's easy to say when he was ranting about a group of people that you are not a representative of. I have a black friend that loves WWE, and I think he'd be heartbroken if they gave him another chance after what he said and I can't blame him.

Undying
03-27-2018, 12:01 PM
People have done worse and have been brought back. I will always have a soft spot for the Hulkster being as he's the reason I watch WWE to this day along with millions of other people. There will just always be something about hearing Real American play while Hulk is strutting down the aisle. I say if both parties are fine with it then by all means.

Slyfox696
03-27-2018, 12:02 PM
I think that's easy to say when he was ranting about a group of people that you are not a representative of. I have a black friend that loves WWE, and I think he'd be heartbroken if they gave him another chance after what he said and I can't blame him.Barack Obama basically targeted public school teachers as the biggest problem with education in this country and I would have taken him for a third term over either Clinton or Trump. I've worked alongside a person who told my cousin my mother was a liar (which facts showed was patently untrue).

No, I'm fairly certain I'd hold the same position regardless. At the end of the day, they were his private thoughts at a difficult time in his life and he just ranted. We've all had those moments. His just got illegally recorded and broadcast to the entire world.

Big Nick Dudley
03-27-2018, 01:58 PM
I don't care to see him again, but that isn't because of what he said. Maybe he's a scumbag racist, or maybe he was a dad calling a guy the worst thing he could think of. Who knows. I do feel, however, that people do not have to go away for private comments, no matter how ugly the comment is.

Storm Trooper
03-28-2018, 12:01 AM
What is Hulk Hogan returning as? I do not need to see him wrestle ever again. I also don't need to see him every week.

Should they bring him back onto the fold for various legends-related things? ABSOLUTELY. Have him show up to things akin to RAW 25, Hall of Fame, etc. Put him in Video games (he should most deifnitely be the pre-order character like Angle, Goldberg, Sting, and Warrior were the past 4 years), interview him for various documentaries/network shows, etc.

While I do not think making him the GM is a great idea, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

By the way, there's no better time for this return then on Sunday April 8th, at the Silverdome......

King Patrick Star
06-29-2018, 10:42 AM
Iâ??m for every WWE Hall Of Famer / Legend / SuperStar to always come back. I am all for Hulk Hogan returning to the WWE. I never care about what any Professional Sports Wrestling Entertainer does outside of the WWE Universe. I only cared about what they do in the WWE Universe.

To this day, Iâ??m still mad about his DLC removal from WWE 2K15. That will always be the worst $3 I have ever saved. I will never get over that.