PDA

View Full Version : NBA Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3

JGlass
03-30-2018, 10:48 AM
We had a pretty good NBA discussion thread back on WZ, let's keep it going.

Who do you have for Rookie of the Year?

#AbsoluteUnit
03-30-2018, 10:54 AM
Fultz.

By the way, I hate Houston and Toronto.

jmt225
03-30-2018, 12:10 PM
I really hate James Harden and the Rockets. I just want them to lose and I'd like to see a healthy OKC vs. a healthy Golden State in a playoff match-up.

Ben Simmons is easily the Rookie of the Year, yes?

Not a big NBA fan these days honestly but I try to keep up and will definitely catch some playoff action.

And let me just say again, I hate James Harden.

JGlass
03-30-2018, 01:33 PM
Fultz.

By the way, I hate Houston and Toronto.

I hope you're joking about Fultz.

I used to hate Houston. Now I'm fairly indifferent. I'd actually take them over GSW or OKC at this point. Don't know how you can hate the Raptors, they're the lil' engine that could in my eyes.

I really hate James Harden and the Rockets. I just want them to lose and I'd like to see a healthy OKC vs. a healthy Golden State in a playoff match-up.

Ben Simmons is easily the Rookie of the Year, yes?

Not a big NBA fan these days honestly but I try to keep up and will definitely catch some playoff action.

And let me just say again, I hate James Harden.

I'm with you on Ben Simmons. I think Mitchell over in Utah deserves a shout, he's a scoring machine, but the way Ben Simmons is able to see the game is INCREDIBLE for a rookie. I'm thinking he has the potential to be a once in a generation type player.

#AbsoluteUnit
03-30-2018, 01:46 PM
I hope you're joking about Fultz.

I used to hate Houston. Now I'm fairly indifferent. I'd actually take them over GSW or OKC at this point. Don't know how you can hate the Raptors, they're the lil' engine that could in my eyes.

Doesn't matter why I can hate the Raptors. I just do not like them. They will always be the team that comes up short. Every year. Boston or Cleveland will prove how much Toronto is a choke artist and said teams will win the Eastern Conference championship.

JGlass
03-30-2018, 05:11 PM
Now might be a bad time to bring up that I have Harden figured for MVP. I think LeBron SHOULD win it, but I think Harden will.

jmt225
03-30-2018, 07:02 PM
Now might be a bad time to bring up that I have Harden figured for MVP. I think LeBron SHOULD win it, but I think Harden will.

I think Harden wins it as well (although I HOPE LeBron gets the Tom Brady treatment from the voters).

However, if Harden wins MVP and then the Rockets get their asses handed to them in the playoffs... that'll be pretty sweet.

Khalifa
03-30-2018, 08:32 PM
Really it could go either way for ROTY but I’m backing Simmons as well. I think obviously he averaged more in every other stat apart from points, but the reason why I pick Simmons is I think his contribution to Philly is more important than Mitchell’s when Utah is fully healthy. The East is weak and I know guys like Embiid/Reddick/Covington/good bench is part of is a lot of help as well, but 4th in the east is a hell of an effort for a team that were complete jokes for prettt much the last 5 years and Simmons is a major part of that. Very close but give it to the Aussie.

Khalifa
03-30-2018, 08:40 PM
Lebron second half of the season has been out of this world but surely Harden is a lock and can’t be edged out. His team is first in the league, not that I like giving the MVP to the best team but if Harden wasn’t on this team would they be better than the Clippers? Harden has put up numbers all year, he got a 40 point 15 assist game like just last week. James is definitely out shining Harden since the all star break but that’s not saying Harden isn’t playing out of this world. If Lebron played like this the whole year and he didn’t go on a 19 game stretch where he had the worst plus/minus (again, it’s a pretty shit stat but also pretty telling for the best player in the world, their team wasn’t performing) in the league then I’d probably edge him over Harden, but Harden I thought should’ve won it last year and I think it was rough for him to not get it the year before as well when the Warriors went 73-9, Klay and Green were equally important to Warriors success that year but Curry just hit the big 3s. If anything just give it tin harden this year so it’s not another Kobe situation where they win it the year when they probably shouldn’t of.

#AbsoluteUnit
04-21-2018, 03:56 PM
Ben Simmons is really, really, really good.

SSJPhenom
04-21-2018, 07:14 PM
Ben Simmons is really, really, really good.

Ben Simmons is going to be the next transcendent player of the NBA. Making several greatest lists, IMO. That is, of course, barring injury or stupid stuff. He's definitely talented and skilled enough. If he somehow develops an even halfway decent jumper, it'll be unfair to guard him.

#AbsoluteUnit
04-22-2018, 06:51 PM
... How bout them Bucks, and Wizards?

BestSportsEntertainer
05-04-2018, 01:17 AM
Get ready for the Warriors-Cavs part 4.

Khalifa
05-04-2018, 02:44 AM
Lebron James, Jeez Louis. To put up 43 and 14 in any game is good, but to continue put up such ridiculous numbers and play at such a high level even after a 7 game series and then going to Toronto then playing on 1 days rest on a earlier than normal game is just insane. 19/28 from the floor as well, he is always so efficient when he goes for big scores. When will the throne be given to someone else? Bit of help from the teammates always helps. They are good enough to help him. I mean itâ??s probably his best overall team he has had if everyone played how they could/should (Jordan Clarkson takes more worse shots on this Cavs team than he did for the Lakers, dunno how that is allowed to happen).

Slyfox696
05-04-2018, 06:53 AM
Lebron James, Jeez Louis. The greatest ever.

Khalifa
05-04-2018, 08:01 AM
Hahahaha ;). If he wins a title with the Lakers next year he will never not be GOAT.

Slyfox696
05-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Hahahaha ;). If he wins a title with the Lakers next year he will never not be GOAT.
He's already the greatest ever.

JGlass
05-04-2018, 04:12 PM
He's already the greatest ever.

I think he means personally.

Someone wants to debate that LeBron is GOAT.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-05-2018, 11:33 AM
Wow, Toronto looks like complete shit. Cavs sweeping that series in 4 games?

Slyfox696
05-05-2018, 09:19 PM
Remember when people use to foolishly claim LeBron wasn't clutch? So much for that...

#AbsoluteUnit
05-05-2018, 09:28 PM
^That, or Toronto is WAY overrated.

klunderbunker
05-05-2018, 09:50 PM
He's certainly been clutch in this series. I flipped over to the end of the game and saw him hit the floater. I had to stop myself from saying "of course he did".

Slyfox696
05-05-2018, 10:43 PM
^That, or Toronto is WAY overrated.
It's not just against Toronto that LeBron has been ridiculously clutch, nor is this the first year.

He's certainly been clutch in this series. I flipped over to the end of the game and saw him hit the floater. I had to stop myself from saying "of course he did".
The greatest of all time.

JGlass
05-06-2018, 05:57 AM
Remember when people use to foolishly claim LeBron wasn't clutch? So much for that...

My dad isn't a LeBron hater by any means, but like all old people he prefers to think the players of his generation are better, and his knock on LeBron has always been that he's not clutch.

Looking forward to chatting with him on the phone later about the NBA playoffs.

Big Nick Dudley
05-06-2018, 12:04 PM
This CLE/TOR series proves a couple of things. Lebron is the Tom Brady of the NBA, as far as aging and health. The guy is going to play at a crazy level for years. It also proves TOR is garbage in the playoffs. Consistently.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-06-2018, 12:32 PM
It also proves TOR is garbage in the playoffs. Consistently.

Boom. Exactly agree.

Toronto won what 59 games in the regular season right? Home court advantage throughout the playoffs. 1st Round loses 2 games to the Wizards and are now down 3-0 in the second round. I admit, LeBron is very, very, very, good. No doubt. But no way do you bottom out both home games in game 1 and game 2.

Slyfox696
05-06-2018, 03:00 PM
My dad isn't a LeBron hater by any means, but like all old people he prefers to think the players of his generation are better, and his knock on LeBron has always been that he's not clutch.

Looking forward to chatting with him on the phone later about the NBA playoffs.
I think that's just natural as people get older, that the newer generation is never as good. But when one stops to think about that concept objectively, ESPECIALLY in sports where nutrition and strength training are unmatched at any time in world history, one can see how silly that argument is.

A11
05-06-2018, 05:23 PM
The east has gone from really good competitive series in the opening round to the good old days of Lebron dominating

Khalifa
05-06-2018, 10:09 PM
Yeah it’s probably time to take back the he’s not clutch statement anymore. The thing I loved about it most was that it was a drive. I know usually he doesn’t always get an open lane but I’m glad he didn’t do a step back 3 which use to be his go to move. I thought Raptors could only win game 1 and that’s because LeBron just played 7 games so I’m really not surprised it will be a sweep. Raptors just can’t get it done in isolation and their bench, which was claimed to be the best in the NBA is legit just guys with potential. Siakam, Vanderfleet, Wright (and Powell who isn’t playing) are not game changers and are just good role players. Raptors need either a better point guard (I love Lowry but just isn’t a second option) or get some game changers off the bench. Get Lou Will back maybe or get Gerald Green for some punch and finish t off with guys that could start on the lower teams (e.g Dieng, Smart, Jaymichael Green or whatever his first name is). It’s probably too late to do that and it would be better to ride with the younger guys, but that was always their problem.

You make a good point Sly about not appreciating the newer generation as much. Was MJ pretty universally recognised as the GOAT, or were there still people saying kareem, Magic, Bird, Wilt are better. I’m only mid 20s so don’t really know. Either way LeBron is the greatest of this generation and unfortunately for Kobe lovers like me, it’s not even close (well as close as many would think between the #1 and #2)

Just read a stat before though (this isn’t hating, I just find it interesting, because it’s jnot Lebrons fault). LeBron has only beaten eleven 50 win teams and has faced a team with a losing record or under .500 7 times. Compared to Kobe and Duncan who have never faced a under .500 team and Kobe has beaten a 50 win team 24 times. Something has gotta change in the East. Do you just give them a whole draft? I dunno hahaha.

Khalifa
05-06-2018, 10:56 PM
Bit early but thinking of ideal offseason moves for a couple teams here.

Cousins would actually be an awesome fit for the Raptors. He could be a main option with Derosen, Lowry now becomes a third option which would be good and they also stretch the floor a bit more. Now the only way to get it done would be a sign and trade and I doubt Boogie wants to be in Canada so very unlikely, add in the fact that do Pelicans really get rid of Cousins. However Pelicans could get some nice young pieces, like Siakam or OG, who fit a position of need and donâ??t hurt the system at all. JVal would probably have to be in the deal, nice player to have off the bench or even have Mirotic come off the bench and slide Davis back to the 4.

Boston have a lot of assets and with rozier breaking out, they could make a play for Leonard (Davis as well if a pelicans werenâ??t balling). Does a package of Rozier, Hayward and a first rounder as the main pieces suit for Leonard? Probably not, Brown or Tatum would have to be in the deal I would imagine and it would be hard to give either up. Both are straight out ballers, but if you get a healthy Leonard to add to a combination of Irving/horford and two of Tatum/Hayward/Brown then you are a serious chance to beat the Warriors.

Letâ??s do a Knickâ??s one hey. Why wouldnâ??t Boogie and Kristap dominate in New York? Probably the only other combination of big men you could pair that would send as much fear to the league. DJ Jordan could work as well, need a good point as wel for the mean time. Would IT work? Someone might bank on him to be a 20 point player again and I canâ??t think of many teams that have the point guard spot available.

If Iâ??m Paul George I seriously consider staying with OKC and seeing if they can add anymore scoring to the bench. Iâ??m not sure I want him at Lakers. Heâ??s my second favourite player in the league but it means we probably get rid of Randle and Ingramâ??s development might stall. George would have to slide to the 2. In saying that a starting lineup of London/George/Ingram/Kuzma would be sexy.

Fire Marshall Bill
05-07-2018, 04:32 AM
You know, I hope someday soon my wife and I can conceive a child or two. Weâ??re trying, but itâ??s never a given. Assuming we do have at least one child, I do hope one day they can come home with a school test in hand, handing it to me, revealing a percentage grade of 37.5. At that point Iâ??m going to belt out the words, â??You fucking nailed it.â?

SSJPhenom
05-07-2018, 12:23 PM
I remember a few months ago over at the other site we were talking about the playoffs and who we thought might be in it or win it and there were a few people saying that we were over looking Toronto. A lot of us said that they have a pattern.

Do those of you who were saying we were over looking Toronto see now? They do this time and again. Great in the regular season and horrible in the playoffs. It also doesn't help that LeBron himself KNOWS that he's in their heads and that he can beat them. That shot he made the other night was just unfair. It was like playing 2K with all of the sliders way up and playing on rookie difficulty. Ridiculous.

*Knock Knock* That's LeBron knocking on Jordan's door because he's getting ready to take over the GOAT position.

Also, on a side note, I told you all that the 76ers were scamming everyone. Their last six weeks of play can't be taken into account as to how they were going to fair in the playoffs. Why? Because during that time they mostly played non playoff teams. Sure they had a few tough teams sprinkled in there, but not many. Now everyone is seeing just how young and inexperienced they are and how horrible their coach is. The Celtics are young and inexperienced too, but Brad Stevens just might be the best coach in basketball right now.

Here's to hoping we see the Rockets and Cavs in the Finals.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-15-2018, 12:21 PM
Wow. Props to both the Celtics and Warriors taking care of business in both of their game one match ups. Rockets have zero answer for Durant, and the Celtics played great D on the Cavs. Holding LeBron to 15 points is remarkable.

SSJPhenom
05-15-2018, 01:59 PM
Holding an uninterested and lethargic LeBron to 15 pts isn't anything to write home to Momma about. Now, let's see what they do in game 2. If they hold Bron under 20 in that game, then the Cavs are in trouble.

As for the Rockets/Warriors. I think it's high time that we accept the fact that this is the Warriors' league until they break up, get old, or something because they're really unbeatable. Let me explain: it looked like the Rockets got owned in game 1, but they really didn't play that bad. They had more rebounds than Golden State, shot just as many 3's, only had 2 more turnovers, and just little less assists. Harden had 41 pts and Cp3 had 23. If they had been playing anyone else in the league, they'd have won. I mean, what can we tell them to improve on? Don't turn the ball over as much? They only had 9 all game. That's not that bad. Get more 3's? They made 13. I guess they could get more production from their bench, but everyone could really use that.

Nope, I think it's over for the Rockets. They'd have to play 4 damn near perfect games to beat the Warriors in this series and it's not going to happen. The Warriors won, also, with only Durant and Thompson playing very well. Curry and Green didn't have good game at all. Go ahead and give the championship to the Dubs. They're going to be the best in the NBA for a long time to come.

Unless Bron joins the Rockets next season. Then we're talking.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-15-2018, 05:46 PM
^ I Don't disagree with you on either front. Your points are valid.

A11
05-15-2018, 07:34 PM
With sports betting becoming legal, a lot of people going to be raging when star players take a seat with 5 minutes to play and the 20 point margin that's covering the line suddenly drops to 10 and the 12.5 point line loses. Also expect the tv deals of all american sports to boom off it too. Sports betting companies will be trying to get customers hard and it'll be advertising galore.

How does sports betting work in america exactly? Why can only vegas do it? In australia I can make a bet any time of the day as long as my phone has access to the internet. I have five different accounts with betting agencies. I dont understand how you cant just download the app of say Bet365 in america and start betting

#AbsoluteUnit
05-15-2018, 09:35 PM
Boston 2, "The Land" 0.

LeBron played great though.

Fire Marshall Bill
05-16-2018, 04:30 AM
Don’t get used to him being in a Cavs jersey much longer. After he either loses to Boston or gets swept in the Finals, again, he’ll run off to play with a better team. Like all Kings do.

SSJPhenom
05-16-2018, 04:51 AM
Can't blame him. Cleveland sucks.

Gosh I hope he goes to Houston. They'd be damn near unstoppable.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-16-2018, 09:58 AM
He'll go to L.A.

SSJPhenom
05-16-2018, 10:02 AM
I don't know about that. I doubt he'll come to the West at all. If he goes anywhere it'll probably be the 76ers. If he does come out west, it'll definitely be with the Rockets cause he and CP3 are close.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-16-2018, 10:32 AM
Dang. 6ers would be stacked then.

jmt225
05-16-2018, 05:02 PM
If only the Sixers drafted Tatum instead of Fultz...

#AbsoluteUnit
05-16-2018, 05:11 PM
Yeah, and next month's NBA Draft, the 76er's have 6 picks!

Big Nick Dudley
05-16-2018, 07:46 PM
If he leaves, I hope he goes to San Antonio. Would love to finally see him with a great coach.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-16-2018, 09:51 PM
I still say Warriors in 5

#AbsoluteUnit
05-16-2018, 09:55 PM
If he leaves, I hope he goes to San Antonio. Would love to finally see him with a great coach.

That would be dope! But the Spurs would have to get rid of Leonard.

SSJPhenom
05-16-2018, 11:23 PM
It's true that the Rockets played exactly how they needed to tonight to beat Golden State. They didn't have big games out of Harden or CP3, yet they shared the ball and everyone chipped in. More than that, they accepted that Durant is all but unstoppable and focused on stopping Thompson and Curry. They succeeded tonight, now can they replicate that? They out rebounded, had more assists, had fewer turnovers, and shot a higher percentage than Golden State. If they play like this they'll win, but I don't think it's sustainable.

We'll see.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-16-2018, 11:35 PM
I'm just sick of Golden State/Cleveland in the finals. Good win for the Rockets tonight though.

Big Nick Dudley
05-17-2018, 06:52 AM
That would be dope! But the Spurs would have to get rid of Leonard.

Nah, they could do a sign and trade with Aldridge and someone else. What choice would Cleveland have? Get nothing for him leaving?

Or, they could do the same thing, but replace San Antonio with Detroit, and Aldridge with Blake Griffin : ) A guy can hope....

A11
05-17-2018, 11:18 AM
Leonard is already gone from the spurs. Would love to know what really happened there because it was pretty clear towards the end that Leonard didnt want to play for the spurs

#AbsoluteUnit
05-17-2018, 11:51 AM
I can't see him leaving for the west though.

Fire Marshall Bill
05-17-2018, 05:15 PM
I’d be surprised if he went out West. It’s too hard.

In other news, is there anything on the planet that has a worse schedule than the NBA playoffs? It’s been a running joke for years.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-17-2018, 05:48 PM
I’d be surprised if he went out West. It’s too hard.

Top to bottom, the West is easily better.

But could the Celtics be the best team in the NBA next season with Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward returning?

A11
05-17-2018, 06:47 PM

But could the Celtics be the best team in the NBA next season with Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward returning?

Irving improving the celtics isnt a certainty. There's a reason that Lebron had to play bulk minutes in the finals last year and its because the cavs plus/minus turned to shit when Kyrie got control of the O. Celtics strength is in Brad Stevens drawing up plays, Kyrie works in the iso

#AbsoluteUnit
05-19-2018, 07:08 PM
I hate Cleveland.

<-- Born in Columbus.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-19-2018, 08:52 PM
I hate Cleveland.

<-- Born in Columbus.

Barring a miracle of Lebron staying, they'll be irrelevant next year.

Fire Marshall Bill
05-19-2018, 08:57 PM

It’s not even close. When teams like this year’s Raptors make the #1 seed, you’re in a very sad state.. While the moniker “Leastern Conference” isn’t original at all, its very fitting. Practically the NBA D+ League.

Irving improving the celtics isnt a certainty. There's a reason that Lebron had to play bulk minutes in the finals last year and its because the cavs plus/minus turned to shit when Kyrie got control of the O. Celtics strength is in Brad Stevens drawing up plays, Kyrie works in the iso

Stars run the NBA. James is a perfect example. He’s their best player, coach and GM. Kyrie may not be the next coming, but he’s a player who can change the game in your favor when everything else isn’t working. He was also the best finisher on that Cavs team.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-19-2018, 10:21 PM
Barring a miracle of Lebron staying, they'll be irrelevant next year.

I doubt it. The Cav's will be on ESPN at least 10x a month. ESPN will make Tristan Thompson and J.R. Smith look like superstars.

Big Nick Dudley
05-20-2018, 10:40 AM
I doubt it. The Cav's will be on ESPN at least 10x a month. ESPN will make Tristan Thompson and J.R. Smith look like superstars.

No they won't. The NBA and ESPN will completely ignore Cleveland if Lebron leaves, unless they trade for, draft or sign a big name.

SSJPhenom
05-23-2018, 03:51 AM
Can't believe I'm saying that Houston/Golden State are tied 2-2 going back to Houston. They have a legit shot at winning this series. I still have my doubts, but it would be great to see. If Houston does win, though, you can forget LeBron going there.

Big Nick Dudley
05-23-2018, 07:08 AM
If Golden State shoots that poorly again, they deserve to lose. I don't think they will. I think Houston is far more likely to have one or two more terrible shooting nights.

SSJPhenom
05-23-2018, 10:11 AM
Was it Golden State shooting poorly or the Rockets playing great defense? They played amazing defense last night. I'm surprised at how good they were defensively.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-23-2018, 10:59 AM
^ probably both. GS shot terribly and Houston stepped up on defense.

jmt225
05-23-2018, 05:37 PM
Everything went to shit for Golden State after Draymond Green missed that open dunk. That was a complete momentum shift and Golden State never recovered from it.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-23-2018, 07:26 PM
Jaylen Brown has impressed me greatly. Dude is a stud. The Celtic's clearly miss Irving's presence, yet Brown has done what he is capable to fill that void. I'm not a fan of any of these 4 teams remaining in the playoffs, but I'll pull for Boston. I do like Brad Stevens. Guy is a solid coach. Even though he looks like a 40 year old version of an adult Harry Potter.

SSJPhenom
05-24-2018, 11:39 AM
I'm pulling for Houston in a big bad way. I want them to win so so bad. CP3 is my favorite player and I think he deserves it. I'd be very happy if they were to win. It's a lot more fun to watch games when you're actually invested. I can only hope.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-24-2018, 02:48 PM
Houston vs Boston anyone? I'm in.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-24-2018, 07:11 PM
The Rockets are missing too many open shots. They should be up big, but itâ??s only 10-8.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-24-2018, 08:11 PM
Tied at 45 at the half. Not really into this game at the moment, but the 2nd half will be coming up next.

EDIT: Those Rocket uniforms are ugly as hell.

SSJPhenom
05-24-2018, 11:19 PM
Well they pulled it off. Now they're up 3-2. The Rockets have a real chance to do something special here. OMG, that would be awesome.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-24-2018, 11:26 PM
Ehh, I know I've said my peace on a finals match-up in this thread before. Whoever wins the west will win the NBA Finals. I dig the Celtic's, but they're a player away from winning a NBA Championship (Looking at you Kyrie, and even to an extent Hayward). Enjoy this run, Rockets fans. I have no ill will towards you personally, but I wish the Celtic's would win this one. Nothing against Houston at all either. I mean if it came down to Houston and THE LAND, easily I'd like the Rockets to cruise by and win, no doubt.

Big Nick Dudley
05-25-2018, 07:12 AM
If Houston wins it all, what are the chances Lebron ends up a Rocket next year? I'd say 50%.

BestSportsEntertainer
05-25-2018, 11:39 AM
CP3 has been ruled out for Game 6, and he probably wonâ??t be 100% for Game 7.

Unfortunately, I donâ??t see the Rockets winning the series now. Not taking anything away from the Warriors, but they have been incredibly lucky during their run.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-25-2018, 01:23 PM
I don't think you should be worried about the Warriors. Even if the Warriors win game 6, they have to return to Houston for Game 7. Yes, the loss to Paul hurts, but remember the last game at Golden State? Yeah, the Rockets won. Just start Ariza in his place and the Rockets will be fine.

mrluck_07
05-25-2018, 03:08 PM
Sucks to see someone go down to injury especially during the playoffs. I think the Warriors can pull it out though.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-25-2018, 06:16 PM
So.... let's go Celtic's! Am I right?

#AbsoluteUnit
05-25-2018, 08:09 PM
Ah sorry for the double post. It won't let me edit in another response.

So if LeBron wins another championship in THE LAND, does he stay?

BestSportsEntertainer
05-25-2018, 09:20 PM
Ah sorry for the double post. It won't let me edit in another response.

So if LeBron wins another championship in THE LAND, does he stay?

Most likely, but it’s not going to happen

A11
05-25-2018, 10:43 PM
I dont think he will. That roster is garbage, probably not getting better and Lebron cant pull performances like these ones again and again with no guarantee that he'll win a ring. You offer lebron 3 (or 4 if they dont get it done this year) rings where he only needs to put up 25 5 and 5 as opposed to these forty point triple doubles he's needing to put up just to scrape by and I think he's going to take it. Especially when he hates Dan Gilbert

SSJPhenom
05-26-2018, 01:43 AM
Paul will be out game 6 but I almost guarantee he'll play game 7. These last 2 wins the Rockets have pulled off with their defense, not offense. So all they need is Eric Gordon to have a good game offensively, bring that defensive intensity, and finally have THAT performance from Harden. He hasn't had THAT game in this series yet and the Rockets are up. I'm still optimistic about their chances.

If Houston loses, however, hello Bron.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-26-2018, 07:08 PM
No Chris Paul for Houston, no Iggy for Golden State tonight.

Big Nick Dudley
05-27-2018, 10:08 AM
When it gets to game 7, it's always 50/50. I think GS and CLE will pull it off, but I can't say I'll care if we get any combo of these teams.

A11
05-27-2018, 06:02 PM
Paul will be out game 6 but I almost guarantee he'll play game 7. These last 2 wins the Rockets have pulled off with their defense, not offense. So all they need is Eric Gordon to have a good game offensively, bring that defensive intensity, and finally have THAT performance from Harden. He hasn't had THAT game in this series yet and the Rockets are up. I'm still optimistic about their chances.

If Houston loses, however, hello Bron.

We're not getting that performance from harden because he's a regular season specialist. See: Him folding like a lawn chair against the spurs last year

I know golden state were at home but I feel like the rockets blew it in game 6

#AbsoluteUnit
05-27-2018, 06:15 PM
Who do we have for tonight fellas?

I got the Celtic's - 103-99. Yes I know that's a random score, but just go with it.

klunderbunker
05-27-2018, 07:41 PM
The Celtics seem to be using the same strategy Kentucky used to use against LSU and Pete Maravich (averaged 44 points a game for his college career for a career points record that isn't being touched. Not bad for a 3 year college career with no 3 point shot): let him do whatever he wants and shut down everyone else. Maravich would score 50 on Kentucky but the team total wouldn't break 75. Kentucky was a five man team and would score in the 90s every game. They never lost to Maravich, who was easily the best player in the game.

#AbsoluteUnit
05-27-2018, 09:00 PM
Well... go Golden State. Why? Because they at least now how to beat Lebron and Cleveland.

Slyfox696
05-27-2018, 09:18 PM
LeBron James is such ridiculously good. The Cavs will have no shot if they play Golden State, but I think they'll have a slightly below even chance against Houston.

A11
05-27-2018, 09:30 PM
Well... go Golden State. Why? Because they at least now how to beat Lebron and Cleveland.

I don't get this view point. Why would one want golden state to be rewarded for the building a super team. A super team better than what lebron joined. I find the argument even dumber when we're seeing one of the all time great playoff performances and for Cleveland to win a ring it's going to have to be an even better performance from lebron

Slyfox696
05-27-2018, 10:09 PM
I don't get this view point. Why would one want golden state to be rewarded for the building a super team. A super team better than what lebron joined. I find the argument even dumber when we're seeing one of the all time great playoff performances and for Cleveland to win a ring it's going to have to be an even better performance from lebron
Because LeBron knew he couldn't win a championship on his own and went to Miami to build a superteam. That's why you should cheer for Durant and the Warriors.

A11
05-28-2018, 04:02 AM
Because LeBron knew he couldn't win a championship on his own and went to Miami to build a superteam. That's why you should cheer for Durant and the Warriors.

I know you are taking the piss but I'm genuinely interested in the reason why Mr scissorkick has that view. Did lebron piss in his cornflakes one morning? Did his girlfriend accidentally scream out lebron during sex?

#AbsoluteUnit
05-28-2018, 09:44 AM
Yes, clearly.

A11
05-28-2018, 09:57 PM
Yes, clearly.

Yes to which one though, cornflakes or sex?

Also, Klay Thompson on 3 fouls in the blink of an eye, best player at drawing fouls in the league. How does Klay play more than 10 minutes? Thats why Houston were NEVER winning this series

Big Nick Dudley
05-29-2018, 08:14 AM
Worst possible match for Cleveland, once again. Probably a sweep this year.

SSJPhenom
05-29-2018, 11:33 AM
LeBron's greatness dictates that they'll win at least one game. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a sweep. I will say this, though, if LeBron somehow someway pulls out a victory this year in the Finals, you can go ahead and move him right on up past Jordan as the GOAT. IMO.

Slyfox696
05-29-2018, 03:08 PM
I'll say that Cleveland gets at least one. Warriors in 5.

Big Nick Dudley
05-29-2018, 06:18 PM
I say sweep because Cleveland is worse this year than last. Then again, Lebron can go full Superman without Kyrie taking his share of the possessions.

Fire Marshall Bill
05-31-2018, 07:37 AM
In Scissorkick’s defense, the Warriors won a championship without Durant in the loaded West, beating James after he went back to Cleveland only after he helped them get pieces to build (what he thought would qualify as) a super team. Them doing it by themselves, again after getting through the West, makes them instantly more likable. Durant joined them after that. James has a history of doing it, and at one point made himself the most hated man in sports. Literally. Arguing the super team aspect is plain stupid.

Want to try and make the argument fair? Simply state that it’s the city of Cleveland and they usually suck. They will again after James leaves again in a few months. But, in the East, they’ll probably still make the playoffs if Love stays.

Big Nick Dudley
05-31-2018, 08:24 AM
Hopefully the Cavs haven't beaten Kevin Love down so far that he can't possibly return to Minnesota form again.

JGlass
05-31-2018, 09:38 AM
In Scissorkick’s defense, the Warriors won a championship without Durant in the loaded West, beating James after he went back to Cleveland only after he helped them get pieces to build (what he thought would qualify as) a super team. Them doing it by themselves, again after getting through the West, makes them instantly more likable. Durant joined them after that. James has a history of doing it, and at one point made himself the most hated man in sports. Literally. Arguing the super team aspect is plain stupid.

Want to try and make the argument fair? Simply state that it’s the city of Cleveland and they usually suck. They will again after James leaves again in a few months. But, in the East, they’ll probably still make the playoffs if Love stays.

Have you been watching this team play? No way do they make the playoffs without LeBron. He's their PG, SF, and PF all wrapped up in one. If LeBron leaves at the end of this season (which I absolutely think he should), I reckon the best option for the Cavs is to sell off everyone they can and go into a full blown Philly-style rebuild.

Slyfox696
05-31-2018, 09:33 PM
The officiating calls COULD be more one-sided in favor of the Warriors, but it's hard to imagine how...

BestSportsEntertainer
05-31-2018, 10:16 PM
The refereeing was pretty horrible, but HOW DOES J.R. SMITH RUN OUT THE CLOCK WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE THE LEAD!!!!????!!!???

SSJPhenom
06-01-2018, 01:35 AM
If LeBron can keep up performances like this (and of course Love plays to his 20-10 potential) the Cavs might actually have a shot at winning this series. I'm telling you, if LeBron pulls this off be ready because we're going to be witnessing something very special and rare. LeBron will be named the greatest ever by the vast majority of people for the first time ever and he'll deserve it.

Will that happen though? A few days ago I would've said no way, however, it does seem the stage is set for a massive unbelievable upset. I do hope it happens, I love witnessing history being made.

A11
06-01-2018, 04:30 AM
Could lebron win finals mvp in a losing side? I thought he should have got it last year but if he's going to be better than that surely this is the year it happens

Big Nick Dudley
06-01-2018, 06:48 AM
The refereeing was pretty horrible, but HOW DOES J.R. SMITH RUN OUT THE CLOCK WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE THE LEAD!!!!????!!!???

Because he's a moron. Garbage player.

JGlass
06-01-2018, 10:37 AM
Yeah I'm done with JR Smith. We've all laughed for a long time about his lack of focus, but this is the goddamn NBA finals. Most players never make it to this point, and he's lucky enough to be here playing with one of the all time greatest players against one of the all time greatest teams, and he's gonna pull that shit? His play (3/10 shooting for 10 points) does not offset how absentminded he is. It's a shame Korver is also playing poorly, otherwise I'd give all of Smith's minutes to him and put JR on the bench until he's proven that he's taking his job seriously.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-01-2018, 12:39 PM
George Hill should have never missed his 2nd free throw attempt. Forget JR Smith's misshap. Had Hill make his attempt, no doubt, Cleveland walks away with a win in game one. Not defending Cleveland, but you can't miss free throws, ever. Especially in the NBA Finals.

Slyfox696
06-01-2018, 04:42 PM
George Hill should have never missed his 2nd free throw attempt. Forget JR Smith's misshap. Had Hill make his attempt, no doubt, Cleveland walks away with a win in game one. Not defending Cleveland, but you can't miss free throws, ever. Especially in the NBA Finals.George Hill choked. Leaving a free throw that short and bouncing it off the front of rim is a clear sign of nerves and choking.

But it was a game winning free throw on the road. It's understandable.

Big Nick Dudley
06-01-2018, 04:45 PM
But it was a game winning free throw on the road. It's understandable.

Yep, and what Smith did is not.

BestSportsEntertainer
06-01-2018, 07:11 PM
The worst part about this? Lebron in his 15th season at age 34 led the league in minutes and games played and carried a lottery team to the NBA Finals. He then recorded nearly a 50 point triple double against maybe the most talented team in NBA history in Game 1, only to lose in OT because of a few bad calls, a missed FT, his coach not calling a timeout, and one of his teammates forgetting the score in what was one of the biggest mistakes in recent memory.

And yet after all that, people will still criticize Lebron for being 3-6 in the Finals. Iâ??m not saying heâ??s better than Jordan, because I never saw Jordan play. However to say Lebron isnâ??t the GOAT because of his Finals record is insane.

Edit - Of course this is assuming the Warriors win the Finals. I think the Cavs best chance at winning a game was last night, but they blew it. We might just see a sweep.

Slyfox696
06-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Yep, and what Smith did is not.Well...

It's actually quite understandable. In situations of intense pressure, an individual's focus will almost always change. The greatest athletes have the ability to narrow their focus to exclude useless information but include all important and relevant information. Those with less mental strength cannot accomplish the same. Their focus may broaden significantly (for example, allowing the crowd chanting airball to completely alter their game to the point they have a terrible game and play differently than normal) or may narrow so tightly that they not only exclude useless information but also necessary information.

Most people have knowledge of Michael Jordan's big jump shot as a freshman at UNC to help lead the Tar Heels over Georgetown for the title. What people usually don't remember is that Jordan's shot went through the net with 15 second left. They forget that Georgetown brought the ball up the floor and then their PG threw the ball directly to James Worthy (who was definitely wearing a UNC jersey). That was a great example of the player's focus narrowing so greatly the PG didn't even recognize who was on his team. You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTX5rD0lNeY

The same thing likely happened to Smith last night. Does it make it okay? No, he's a professional athlete on the biggest stage, he needs to be better. But it is certainly understandable.

However to say Lebron isnâ??t the GOAT because of his Finals record is insane.100% correct. And for anyone who says otherwise, please show me the last time Michael Jordan's team beat a team of four All-Stars in their prime in the NBA Finals. Hint: you can't.

SSJPhenom
06-01-2018, 10:52 PM
Not only a team of four all stars in their prime. How about a team with 2 former MVPs in their prime? Oh, also, if you count Iggy, then GS has 5 All Star players (realizing that Iggy was only an All Star once, however, he's sacrificed quite a lot since joining GS).

Forget about Hill missing the free throw which was horrible or Smith dribbling out the clock which is unforgivable. How about the reversed charge call that the refs clearly BROKE THE RULES to make? The only way that they could've reviewed that play was if they thought LeBron's feet were inside the charge circle. He was so far out of the charge cirlce that there was no doubt. Whether or not it was an actual block is irrelevant. The official call was charge and Cavs ball. They should not, under the rules of the NBA, have even been able to review the call let alone change it. Had that not of happened, the Cavs would've had the ball up 2 with 35 seconds left. Not to mention the blatantly clean strips of Durant that were called fouls. The Cavs got screwed.

Big Nick Dudley
06-02-2018, 06:28 AM
Well...

It's actually quite understandable. In situations of intense pressure, an individual's focus will almost always change. The greatest athletes have the ability to narrow their focus to exclude useless information but include all important and relevant information. Those with less mental strength cannot accomplish the same. Their focus may broaden significantly (for example, allowing the crowd chanting airball to completely alter their game to the point they have a terrible game and play differently than normal) or may narrow so tightly that they not only exclude useless information but also necessary information.

Most people have knowledge of Michael Jordan's big jump shot as a freshman at UNC to help lead the Tar Heels over Georgetown for the title. What people usually don't remember is that Jordan's shot went through the net with 15 second left. They forget that Georgetown brought the ball up the floor and then their PG threw the ball directly to James Worthy (who was definitely wearing a UNC jersey). That was a great example of the player's focus narrowing so greatly the PG didn't even recognize who was on his team. You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTX5rD0lNeY

The same thing likely happened to Smith last night. Does it make it okay? No, he's a professional athlete on the biggest stage, he needs to be better. But it is certainly understandable.

100% correct. And for anyone who says otherwise, please show me the last time Michael Jordan's team beat a team of four All-Stars in their prime in the NBA Finals. Hint: you can't.

It would be understandable if he didn't have a history of doing stupid things like this.

Slyfox696
06-02-2018, 09:21 AM
JR Smith is certainly a tool. You will not get any argument on that from me.

Moon Knight
06-02-2018, 07:52 PM
JR Smith is certainly a tool. You will not get any argument on that from me.

No he is not. Great player all around. Go easy on him.

Big Nick Dudley
06-03-2018, 06:53 AM
No he is not. Great player all around. Go easy on him.

He is not a "great" player. He's a decent, but terribly inconsistent player who often makes dumb decisions.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-03-2018, 03:02 PM
^ He's ok. I don't hate him, but I also do not like him.

JGlass
06-03-2018, 07:43 PM
I think JR Smith has a great deal of talent but very little discipline. Well, he had a great deal of talent, I'm honestly not sure what his ceiling is anymore.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-03-2018, 07:57 PM
Two things I've seen this game thus far (not talking to you A11)

- LeBron makes everything look so easy. His passes are great and he makes the Warriors look like kinder gardeners with his passes.

- A ton of hand checking on the Warriors. HA! It's the NBA, right? So no calls. Curry, Green, and McGee have clearly been in a foul situation with their hand checking thus far.

jmt225
06-03-2018, 09:12 PM
Officiating had nothing to do with the Warriors victory tonight. Golden State was just the better team on the court in Game 2.

Hopefully Cleveland can make a series out of it at home, but I'm sensing the Warriors take it in 5.

JGlass
06-04-2018, 08:06 AM
I wouldn't say the officiating had NOTHING to do with it, but I don't think it decided the game, either. In my estimation the nail was driven into the Cavs' coffin after the no-call on Steph and Klay when LeBron caught the long pass and then the refs T'd up Ty Lue for stepping on the court. The Cavs kept getting baskets but couldn't get enough stops to build up momentum, and they finally got a defensive rebound and caught LeBron way down the floor for what should have been a fast break, but the refs not only took away that opportunity from the Cavs, but they give the Warriors free throws and the ball.

I'm a huge LeBron fan, but I don't think the Cavs even take a single game this series. The Warriors got better after last year, the Cavs got worse.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-04-2018, 04:25 PM
If the Warriors pull out winners of the series, Klay Thompson should win MVP.

Slyfox696
06-04-2018, 06:12 PM
If the Warriors pull out winners of the series, Klay Thompson should win MVP.If LeBron has another game or two like he did in Game 1, he should win MVP.

jmt225
06-04-2018, 08:29 PM
I look at Klay as the Warriors key piece to winning and he's by far my favorite player in these Finals, but at this moment Stephen Curry is Finals MVP.

SSJPhenom
06-05-2018, 02:39 AM
I'm not usually one to complain about officiating in basketball because I know how hard most of those calls are to make, however, the refs in these Finals have made it so transparent that they're calling in favor of GS that it's kind of worrying. Some of those calls were real mind blowing. Not to mention the non calls for the Cavs. I mean, in game 1, they broke the rules to give GS the ball back when they were down 2 with 36 seconds left. Not to mention the foul calls that weren't fouls. Then, in game 2, the Cavs finally get a stop, have LeBron down court for an easy basket, pass him the ball, he seemingly gets fouled by two people, yet they don't call the foul. Rather, they give Ty Lou a technical for stepping on to the court and give GS a free throw and the ball. I mean, this is ridiculous. Hopefully the calls will even out in Cleveland, but as of now, something strange is going on.

jmt225
06-05-2018, 02:57 AM
Golden State has had more fouls called on them than Cleveland and the Cavs have had more trips to the Free Throw line than the Warriors have had to this point.

I agree that game 1 had some terrible calls and maybe it being played at the Oracle had a big hand in the some of the poor judgment made by the officials in that specific game, but game 2? You can put the focus on that one "momentum changing" call all you want, but that momentum stops dead in its tracks anyway if the refs call LeBron for traveling like they should and NEVER do.

I get complaining about game 1, I get it, but game 2 absolutely not. Golden State was simply the better team that night. And the officiating overall is nowhere near as one-sided as people are making it out to be.

SSJPhenom
06-05-2018, 10:14 AM
I know that GS has had more calls against them and the Cavs have had more free throws. I know that, but the Cavs aren't getting any of the 'big calls'. The calls that are questionable are momentum changing deflating calls and some of them are plain ridiculous. Also, lol on the traveling comment. It's not just LeBron that travels, everyone does. I could let you pick any game you wanted with any teams and I will show you uncalled travels on each side. The NBA just doesn't call it on ANYONE.

SSJPhenom
06-07-2018, 01:56 AM
It's over for the Finals. After the debacle that was game 1, we seen it coming. Game 1 aside though, the Cavs have no excuse tonight. They got beat and beat by one man, Durant. I think the next highest scorer on GS had 11, so yeah. Also, Durant shot like 65% from the field tonight. So of the game plan was to let Durant go off and stop everyone else, well it was successful. Also, I don't want to hear LeBron didn't have help this game. He had 3 or 4 other players in Double figures with 20 and 13 from Love (who has been very good this series). Yep, it's all but over.

I think the next game will be LeBron's final game as a Cav. If I were him, as much as I'd love to see him with the Rockets, I'd go to Philly and continue to stay in the weaker Eastern conference (which oddly enough had more 50+ win teams then the west this year yet they're still the weaker conference). At least his toughest opponent in the East would be beatable. Although, I think if LeBron joined the Rockets as currently constructed, given how they performed this year against Golden State, it would pretty much guarantee a Rockets Final appearance. We'll just have to wait and see but this Finals is over.

People are going to say that because LeBron has lost another Finals and because he got swept (if he does) that he's out of the conversation for greatest ever but I think that's bullshit. It took LeBron's second and third best players going down in 2015 for him to lose and in spectacular fashion mind you. Then, he leads the Cavs back from a 3-1 hole in 2016 against the greatest regular season team of all time to win the championship. Then these last two years it's taken a team constructed of 4 all stars in their primes (5 if Iggy counts) and 2 former MVPs in their primes to stop him. Not to mention a little help from the refs. Jordan never faced anything close to this kind of competition in the Finals and he never had to carry his teammates the way LeBron has had to either.

Fire Marshall Bill
06-08-2018, 03:45 PM
Jordan also never ran away to play with some of the best players in the league because he couldn’t hack it. After this year, it’ll be 3 times now.

Slyfox696
06-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Jordan also never ran away to play with some of the best players in the league because he couldn’t hack it.Jordan also had a competent front office and one of the all time great coaches. Jordan was never judged solely on championships. He also had a weak league to play in.

But make no mistake...Jordan COULDN'T hack it. Jordan couldn't beat the Celtics in their prime. He couldn't the Pistons in their prime. He couldn't hack it until his biggest foes got too old and then the East was not very good. Jordan didn't have to join force with other Hall of Famers, he had three on his team (Pippen, Rodman, P. Jackson) and he had no real competition in the East.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Jordan also played 3 years in college. LeBron went straight to the NBA after high school.

jmt225
06-08-2018, 10:06 PM
I wish Curry got the MVP over Durant.

SSJPhenom
06-08-2018, 10:14 PM
Curry should've been the Finals MVP this time. He got robbed. Yes Durant had a spectacular game 3 and a triple double tonight, but Curry played amazingly in every game except for game 3. Curry had 3 outstanding games and Durant only had 2. It should've been Curry.

Slyfox696
06-08-2018, 10:46 PM
I completely forgot about this game, but I think I saw Curry had 37 tonight...and Durant still got MVP?

#AbsoluteUnit
06-09-2018, 01:19 AM
Look, I'm not a Warriors fan. However, you can't say they are boring. Watch the Warriors extra passing. Watch them in transition. Those Warriors are really fun to watch.

A11
06-09-2018, 06:07 AM
Look, I'm not a Warriors fan. However, you can't say they are boring. Watch the Warriors extra passing. Watch them in transition. Those Warriors are really fun to watch.

Thats the thing that makes them boring. They are so much better than every team that it was inevitable that they were going to win. After Draymond and Iggy hit back to back threes in the first quarter you could see that this was over. That leaves three quarters of formality. It doesnt matter how good a team is, thats boring

BestSportsEntertainer
06-09-2018, 03:27 PM
Lebron go to Houston and get a ring. He deserves it.

jmt225
06-09-2018, 07:50 PM
Thats the thing that makes them boring. They are so much better than every team that it was inevitable that they were going to win. After Draymond and Iggy hit back to back threes in the first quarter you could see that this was over. That leaves three quarters of formality. It doesnt matter how good a team is, thats boring

The Houston series was enthralling. That was the real Finals.

GS would have destroyed anyone in the East.

Mr. TM
06-09-2018, 09:41 PM
Without something drastic, the West will win again next year.

JGlass
06-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Without something drastic, the West will win again next year.

LeBron to the Celtics could do it, maybe even Lebron to the Sixers if Fultz, Simmons, and Embiid all develop the way eveyrone expects them too.

Slyfox696
06-10-2018, 08:40 PM
LeBron to the Celtics could do it, maybe even Lebron to the Sixers if Fultz, Simmons, and Embiid all develop the way eveyrone expects them too.LeBron to the Celtics would have some problems. And I just don't think LeBron would be a good fit in Philadelphia.

Mr. TM
06-10-2018, 08:51 PM
I still cannot see it next year woth LeBron on them or Toronto. Another piece needs to move.

Elky
06-10-2018, 09:04 PM
LeBron won't go to Boston. He doesn't fit the culture, he and Kyrie won't get along and he doesn't like them. Right now LAL and Philly are the favorites. He could easily decide to avoid the drama entirely and stay in Cleveland.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-10-2018, 09:38 PM
I'd like it if player's stayed on one team their entire career.

Duncan, Stockton, Nowitzki, D. Robinson, Reggie Miller, Bird, Magic, Kobe... you get where I'm going with this.

Well, you know the saying, "Money Talks", but when the dollars start calling, Free Agents begin to walk.

A11
06-11-2018, 02:47 AM
1. Magic and Kobe both bitched and asked for trades.
2. Why should players be stuck with shit front offices and owners like Lebron is with Cleveland

I still just cant get over the what if we could have seen if JR Smith didnt fuck it all up

Big Nick Dudley
06-11-2018, 08:21 AM
Five games instead of four...

Big Nick Dudley
06-11-2018, 08:23 AM
IF Lebron leaves Cleveland, I doubt it ends up simply being him signing with another team that has cap room. Probably looking at a sign and trade scenario, which would open up plenty of places no one is mentioning.

SSJPhenom
06-11-2018, 10:50 AM
I'm not worried about GS next year. The Rockets will handle them. Even if LeBron doesn't go there. They're actively trying to recruit Paul George. Could you imagine PG, Harden, and CP3 on the same team? They'd win. If LeBron goes, though, it's a lock. I think he should honestly go to San Antonio. If they can keep Leonard that's awesome but even if they don't, could you imagine Pop with LeBron? Match made in basketball heaven. They'd be hard to beat. I don't want to see him in Philly. They'd be good but I think LeBron would stunt the growth of Simmons by handling the ball too much. If he goes to Houston it then becomes a two team league again and I don't want to see that. He won't go to Boston. Kyrie wants no parts of him. Besides, if Hayward and Irving are healthy next season they won't need LeBron. Idk, I think San Antonio would be awesome. Finally LeBron with a great coach.

SSJPhenom
06-11-2018, 12:32 PM
Can we talk about how much I hate Skip Bayless. I wish he were not on TV because when it comes to LeBron he spews so much bullshit that I can't stand it.

Literally called James out for making the correct play in game 1 by passing Hill the ball for what was seemingly a wide open layup. To hear Skip tell it though, LeBron should've shot that shot because he's the star to hell with the correct play. He said Jordan would've shot it and that Ray Allen saved LeBron's legacy with that clutch shot he made against the Spurs. Bring up the fact that Kerr and Paxon save Jordan's ass a number of times and it's different.

I just can't stand Skip. I wish I could debate with him just one time. I swear I'd call him out on all his bullshit and prove him wrong on several topics.

Slyfox696
06-11-2018, 01:21 PM
Can we talk about how much I hate Skip Bayless. I wish he were not on TV because when it comes to LeBron he spews so much bullshit that I can't stand it.

Literally called James out for making the correct play in game 1 by passing Hill the ball for what was seemingly a wide open layup. To hear Skip tell it though, LeBron should've shot that shot because he's the star to hell with the correct play. He said Jordan would've shot it and that Ray Allen saved LeBron's legacy with that clutch shot he made against the Spurs. Bring up the fact that Kerr and Paxon save Jordan's ass a number of times and it's different.

I just can't stand Skip. I wish I could debate with him just one time. I swear I'd call him out on all his bullshit and prove him wrong on several topics.Just remember the job of people like that are to rile people up and get people talking about them. The less attention you pay, the better off everyone is. Everyone knows Skip Bayless is an idiot.

#AbsoluteUnit
06-11-2018, 04:28 PM
1. Magic and Kobe both bitched and asked for trades.
2. Why should players be stuck with shit front offices and owners like Lebron is with Cleveland

I still just cant get over the what if we could have seen if JR Smith didnt fuck it all up

1.) Yes, they did. However they didn't leave. Did they?

2.) He's stuck? Did he not lead Cleveland to 4 straight NBA Finals? I agree, he didn't get a lot of supporting cast, no doubt. I'd say had Irving stayed, the series would more than likely extended a few more games.

3.) We can play the "what-if" game all we want. I would not put the game 1 loss solely on J.R. Smith. Yes, he made a bone head mistake. But let's not forget that George Hill missed the second free throw attempt prior to Smith's mishap.

Slyfox696
06-12-2018, 06:27 AM
1.) Yes, they did. However they didn't leave. Did they?No, but their coaches and teammates got sent off. :shrug:

2.) He's stuck? Did he not lead Cleveland to 4 straight NBA Finals? I agree, he didn't get a lot of supporting cast, no doubt. I'd say had Irving stayed, the series would more than likely extended a few more games. One thing I think people forget is that if Love and Irving hadn't gotten hurt in the first Finals matchup, there's a VERY good chance the series would be tied 2-2.

3.) We can play the "what-if" game all we want. I would not put the game 1 loss solely on J.R. Smith. Yes, he made a bone head mistake. But let's not forget that George Hill missed the second free throw attempt prior to Smith's mishap.If the Cavs could have won Game 1, then MAYBE it could have changed things completely. But not likely.

Big Nick Dudley
06-12-2018, 07:00 AM
Dwane Casey is the new coach in Detroit. Solid coach, just not sure anyone can win much with Griffin and Drummond's contracts. Hoping they can move one or both for younger talent.

jmt225
06-12-2018, 06:12 PM
I know it's unlikely but I really hope KD leaves Golden State.

It'd just be a great storyline and balance things out in the league a bit.

A11
06-12-2018, 10:03 PM
2.) He's stuck? Did he not lead Cleveland to 4 straight NBA Finals? I agree, he didn't get a lot of supporting cast, no doubt. I'd say had Irving stayed, the series would more than likely extended a few more games.

What? How does how far they go in the playoffs have anything to do with who the front office is? He would be stuck with Dan Gilbert and whoever he wants as GM. None of that is influenced by how far he goes in the finals.

Dan gilbert has pissed Lebron off into leaving twice. He's a terrible owner. Even this year there was a story that the Cavs were going to trade Kyrie before they did but Lebron wouldnt sign an extension there and then. But you want Lebron to just stay there because 'one team player'. All those players you mentioned as staying at one team only did because they got surrounded with talent

SSJPhenom
06-12-2018, 11:18 PM
Everyone, the LeBron sweepstakes might be over with. According to some sources, LeBron's eldest son has been enrolled to play basketball at a LA high school this coming school year. It's well known that LeBron owns two homes in LA and that, outside of Cleveland, he spends most of his time there. So he could be going to LA, which wouldn't be all that terrible. Besides being a team full of young talent, the Lakers also have enough cap space to outright sign two max players to their roster without having to trade away anyone or anything. Who knows, maybe it'll be LeBron and PG in LA next season surrounded by Ball, Kuzma, etc. That wouldn't be horrible and they'd be a contender right away, however, I don't think they'd win. At least not their first year. It would add another team to watch to the league though.

That's never a bad thing.

jmt225
06-13-2018, 03:09 AM
Interesting!

I guess the next question is... does Paul George join him, or possibly Kevin Durant?

He's definitely not going alone.

It would add another team to watch to the league though.

That's never a bad thing.

As easy as it is to hate the Lakers and the Yankees, I've always said the leagues are better off with those team being contenders (not the Cowboys in the NFL though... fuck them lol).

Big Nick Dudley
06-13-2018, 07:38 AM
I don't know if it matters where Lebron ends up. Golden State is still the best team. Their talent is only part of it. It's also their chemistry in that amazingly efficient offensive system.

A11
06-13-2018, 04:44 PM
I really just want to see durant and lebron play together, fuck it'd be great. Screw Paul George to LA with lebron. Get CP3 durant and lebron to the lakers (if it has to be LA) and then we've got some fun

Big Nick Dudley
06-14-2018, 09:28 AM
I can't imagine Durant and James playing together. Durant wants to be better than Lebron, it seems like something he is borderline obsessed with.

A11
06-14-2018, 04:19 PM
I can't imagine Durant and James playing together. Durant wants to be better than Lebron, it seems like something he is borderline obsessed with.

I know its never going to happen but a boy can dream

Big Nick Dudley
06-14-2018, 08:29 PM
I can't believe people want that. I would much rather have the NBA be competitive, with multiple teams having a real shot at winning a title.

SSJPhenom
06-14-2018, 11:03 PM
I don't think many people want that. I think the only ones that do are LeBron fans who desperately want him to win a few more titles to support his claim to GOAT.

No, as you said, I'd much rather have a NBA where injury isn't the only thing that can derail who we know is going to win. I want more than a two or three team league. When the Finals started this year, watching those few analysts trying desperately to convince people and themselves that the series was going to be competitive was laughable. (Looking at that dumbass Skip Bayless. He so desperately wanted the narrative to be that LeBron had a legit chance to win so that when he lost, like he knew LeBron would, he could say that it was because he wasn't good enough. God I hate him.) That's why I want James to move out West. We'd have another competitive team that could potentially stop the Warriors and the league would be all the better for it.

jmt225
06-15-2018, 03:34 AM
Teams with 2 superstars is what the league needs.

Lebron in LA with Paul George.

Seth and Klay.

Harden and Chris Paul.

Kyrie and Tatum.

Embiid and Simmons.

Hypotheticals...

KD or Kawi with Russel Wesbrook or Anthony Davis.

Porzingis with Giannis.

This is the ideal league IMO. 8-10 teams with two superstars, and the team that does the best to compliment their superstars with the right role players and system... they will win it all.

I wish they would readjust the cap where this was possible.

Big Nick Dudley
06-16-2018, 06:50 AM
Kawhi, PG13 and Lebron in LA, ohhhh my gooood!!

...Golden State in 6 games.

A11
06-17-2018, 04:25 PM
I can't believe people want that. I would much rather have the NBA be competitive, with multiple teams having a real shot at winning a title.
Yeah i'd like that too but i dont look at it as viable when all the media does is make it about rings. As long as that's the garbage narrative pedalled out then players that want greatness will inevitably form super teams. So now it becomes about what superteam would I like to see even if it means the we have to wait until the very end of the season to see anything that resembles competition

mrluck_07
06-17-2018, 09:04 PM
Super teams have long existed. Only difference is now the players have more control over their movement. Very few teams that didn't have at least two superstars have won titles.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-01-2018, 03:38 PM
Paul George re-signed with the Thunder. Good for OKC. They won't compete this year or even get out of the first round, but they have a chance next season after Melo leaves.

It's yet another free agent miss for the Lakers, and can we stop taking them seriously? I know it's the Lakers and they used to be very good and it's a great place to live, but free agents don't seem to care. Shaq was their last big free agent signing (both literally and figuratively), and that was 22 years ago. Unless the current roster takes a big step forward, they're a first round exit at best this season, so they're mostly irrelevant.

The Warriors re-signed Durant, and well you had to expect this. They're the favorites to win a championship, and it's almost guaranteed barring anything major.

Now to the big question - where is Lebron going? Well the Rockets don't have the cap space, the Cavs are garbage, and the Lakers missed out on PG. So his best option would be the 76ers, especially if they can somehow get Kawhi. That's Lebron's best (and maybe only) chance to beat the Warriors.

The Rockets and Celtics haven't really done anything, but they should both be contenders. The Rockets were up 3-2 on the Warriors with a healthy Chris Paul, so that should be a great WCF series this season. The Celtics almost went to the Finals with both Kyrie and Hayward out. I'd still take the Warriors to win it all, but they're certainly up there.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-01-2018, 04:00 PM
DeAndre Jordan signed with Dallas today.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Lebron has officially signed with the Lakers. 4 Year, $154M

SSJPhenom
07-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Seen this coming a mile away. The Lakers are an instant top 4 team in the west now. If they land Leonard, which I think they will given that if SA waits they'll lose him for nothing and no other team is going to trade for him because he's made it clear he's going to LA when his contact is up, then they'll be a favorite for a title run.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Seen this coming a mile away. The Lakers are an instant top 4 team in the west now. If they land Leonard, which I think they will given that if SA waits they'll lose him for nothing and no other team is going to trade for him because he's made it clear he's going to LA when his contact is up, then they'll be a favorite for a title run.

Lebron and Kawhi is a great start, but wouldn't they need a third all star to beat the Warriors?

Slyfox696
07-01-2018, 07:09 PM
Lebron and Kawhi is a great start, but wouldn't they need a third all star to beat the Warriors?It depends what the Lakers would give up for Leonard. Kuzma had a decent year and will only get better. People still believe in Lonzo Ball (not sure if I do, but there are some that do). Brandon Ingram would likely be part of any deal for Leonard, but he is blossoming into a decent player. The Lakers also have signed Caldwell-Pope.

The Lakers have some talent which would be decent around LeBron and Kawhi. Of course, the rumors are swirling that DeMarcus Cousins could join the Lakers too. I don't know how Cousins would fit in with James and Leonard, but he'd be your third star.

OYDK
07-01-2018, 07:15 PM
At least the Western Conference playoffs will be fun to watch. GS, Houston, LA, SA, and OKC all gonna have strong teams.

GS's going to have a tough time making it out again.

Slyfox696
07-01-2018, 07:20 PM
At least the Western Conference playoffs will be fun to watch. GS, Houston, LA, SA, and OKC all gonna have strong teams.

GS's going to have a tough time making it out again.
Not sure if I agree. Houston losing Ariza will hurt. OKC isn't going to be any better next year and possibly worse as Anthony continues to deteriorate. It sounds like Leonard doesn't want to be in SA anymore. And who knows what the Lakers roster will end up being.

The West will definitely be the conference to beat next year, but I'm not sure how much more difficult it will be for GS.

OYDK
07-01-2018, 07:54 PM
Not sure if I agree. Houston losing Ariza will hurt. OKC isn't going to be any better next year and possibly worse as Anthony continues to deteriorate. It sounds like Leonard doesn't want to be in SA anymore. And who knows what the Lakers roster will end up being.

The West will definitely be the conference to beat next year, but I'm not sure how much more difficult it will be for GS.

I'm not too worried about Houston. Losing Ariza leaves a gap for sure, but, assuming the Rockets don't sign a Redick or Stephenson to sew that hole up, they'll likely just upgrade Mbah a Moute to a more prominent role. While he's not necessarily an upgrade, more minutes could see him match Ariza's offensive efficiency. They're still GS's biggest threat in my book, unless Kawhi joins LA of course. As for OKC, I just have a feeling they'll find their footing next year and come out of the regular season looking like the powerful force their roster implies they should be. Melo likely transitions into more of a role player which means more touches for Westbrook and George with Adams possibly transitioning into their third option on offense. Plus, Adams continues to improve year by year and if he can do so again, that means only good things for the Thunder.

The rest really depends on what happens with FA, but if Leonard stays in SA, they'll at least be formidable. And of course, LA has Lebron. If they can add one more all-star caliber player like say, Boogie Cousins, they'll have a decent shot at competing with the Warriors. I agree that GS is easily the best option (again) to come out of the West at this point. I do think next year will be tougher for them though, especially if they have to face 2 or more of the 4 teams mentioned throughout the playoffs.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-01-2018, 08:36 PM
I still believe Golden State is the team to beat. Good addition for the Lakers by getting LeBron. He will make an impact for the Lakers. But, I'm skeptical, the Lakers need 1 more to seriously challenge in the west. But, what do I know? I've been wrong many times before. Also NBA Championships aren't won in Free Agency. Let's see what happens in mid-April when the playoffs begin.

Big Nick Dudley
07-01-2018, 09:24 PM
Golden State is still the team to beat. As I've said a million times, the way they play is just as important as the talent they have. You can't just throw random offensive talent together and expect to win. The Lakers could've signed James, Cousins, Paul George and Leonard, and I would still pick the Warriors.

Milkyway!
07-02-2018, 04:59 AM
Lakers got Lance Stephenson, Lebron James, and Javale Mcgee yesterday. I imagine 1st round draft pick + Ingram + 2nd rounder is going to go to the Spurs for Leonard. Ball, Stephenson, Leonard, James, Mcgee as a starting 5 with Kuzma and Randall coming off the bench. That's a lot of ball movement, a great deal of energy, some great defense, and okay shooting. There's still the idea that Cousins could sign as well, but I'm not sure about the math behind having Lebron, Cousins, and Leonard.

Big Nick Dudley
07-02-2018, 06:20 AM
If Kawhi and Cousins join Lebron in LA, their defense will be more exciting than the offense, especially with Stephenson and KCP there as well.

SSJPhenom
07-02-2018, 06:52 PM
DeMarcus Cousins has just signed a one year deal.........WITH THE FUCKING WARRIORS!!!!!! This is totally fucking unfair. Their starting line up is literally the west all star starting 5. WTF, this has gone too far. I don't even have words right now. The NBA needs to set some new rules or something. I can't even...... There goes next season. Wonder who's going to win??????

#AbsoluteUnit
07-02-2018, 07:06 PM
I legit LOL'D.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-02-2018, 07:23 PM
DEMARCUS COUSINS SIGNED WITH THE WARRRIORS!!! THEY NOW HAVE NOT ONE, NOT TWO, NOT THREE, NOT FOUR, BUT FIVE ALL STARS!!!

Honestly the NBA is a joke. I'm not watching this season.

jmt225
07-02-2018, 09:41 PM
It was the smartest move for Cousins to make. He wasn't getting any quality offers since he's coming off an ACL tear. He has a year to prove himself worthy of a max contract, why not go to a sure thing and win a championship?

And from Golden State's side, you don't say no to acquiring a talent like Cousins for so cheap.

But yeah, it's still ridiculous, I get it. It's really all Kevin Durant's fault honestly; it was such a cowardly move going to Golden State like he did and it set a horrible precedent for the rest of the league to follow.

That said, it's just one year. And then GS will have to be disbanded one way or another with so many contracts coming to an end next offseason.

SSJPhenom
07-03-2018, 04:24 AM
Seriously, GS's starting 5 consists of 5 all stars, 3 of which were selected as starters for the 2018 All Star Game. How is that fair? Remember when the NBA wouldn't let CP3 go to the Lakers because they said it wouldn't be a fair trade? How can they let this happen? I'm all for players getting to choose where they want to play but this kind of stuff is ridiculous. There has to be some kind of line.

This coming season is not going to be fun.

Big Nick Dudley
07-03-2018, 06:45 AM
I wonder if Cousins realizes he won't be allowed to score unless he's putting his own rebound back in....

Fire Marshall Bill
07-03-2018, 07:46 AM
It was the smartest move for Cousins to make. He wasn't getting any quality offers since he's coming off an ACL tear. He has a year to prove himself worthy of a max contract, why not go to a sure thing and win a championship?

And from Golden State's side, you don't say no to acquiring a talent like Cousins for so cheap.

But yeah, it's still ridiculous, I get it. It's really all Kevin Durant's fault honestly; it was such a cowardly move going to Golden State like he did and it set a horrible precedent for the rest of the league to follow.

That said, it's just one year. And then GS will have to be disbanded one way or another with so many contracts coming to an end next offseason.

I would argue James set this precedent when he helped create the Heat. He tried it again with the Cavs. The only thing the Warriors are really guilty of is doing it better than everyone else. It also makes the Chris Paul trade rejection hilarious by comparison.

I’ve come to realize my problem with the NBA currently is this direction it’s turned. I give James a lot of shit because he’s supposed to be above this, at least in my opinion, but in this culture, how could one player do anything on their own? Well except in the East :lmao: James practically did that this year.

It also makes comparisons between players from this era nearly impossible to players from others. When teams like the Warriors of the past two years win a championship, it’s almost watered down. I excuse their first because they built that team on their own with no huge signings.

Fire Marshall Bill
07-03-2018, 07:49 AM
As for the Cousins trade itself, it makes this coming year even more predictable than last. However, itâ??s best for all parties involved. He can show heâ??s back to good health, while also making a proper recovery because the Warriors know they donâ??t need him. But when heâ??s there, he fits their system almost perfectly as a big who can score from anywhere.

Plus they got him super cheap.

Slyfox696
07-03-2018, 07:53 AM
I would argue James set this precedent when he helped create the Heat.LeBron James did not go to a championship team. He actually went to a team that missed the playoffs and brought Bosh with him.

What is happening now is completely different. You have some of the best players in the league joining the best team in the league (KD to the Warriors after the 73 win season, Cousins after the NBA championship). What James did and what is happening now is completely different. What is happening now is more like Payton and Malone joining the Lakers in the early 90s, except KD and Cousins are still in their prime.

The only thing the Warriors are really guilty of is doing it better than everyone else.I wouldn't say they are guilty of anything. I'm not a fan, but the Warriors aren't doing anything against the rules or ethically wrong. The Warriors job is to win championships. That's it. Blame KD and Cousins, if you want, but you cannot blame the Warriors.

It also makes the Chris Paul trade rejection hilarious by comparison. This is 100% true. It was ridiculous to begin with but even more ridiculous now. The only difference is David Stern isn't the commish and the NBA isn't running the Warriors.

It also makes comparisons between players from this era nearly impossible to players from others. When teams like the Warriors of the past two years win a championship, itâ??s almost watered down. I excuse their first because they built that team on their own with no huge signings.The Warriors only won the first title because Irving and Love were both hurt. They would not have won otherwise, I'm fairly convinced of that.

jmt225
07-03-2018, 08:18 AM
Cousins is saying he had zero offers from any other team.... so really to blame is the rest of the league.

The Lakers not going after him makes zero sense to me. Or why not Cleveland? Or a team like Toronto who's just one key piece away from being real contenders? Portland?

WTF how do all of these teams not offer a 27-year-old 4x All-Star a contract, which in turn allows him to go somewhere to help an almost unbeatable team, become unbeatable?

SSJPhenom
07-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Cousins is saying he had zero offers from any other team.... so really to blame is the rest of the league.

The Lakers not going after him makes zero sense to me. Or why not Cleveland? Or a team like Toronto who's just one key piece away from being real contenders? Portland?

WTF how do all of these teams not offer a 27-year-old 4x All-Star a contract, which in turn allows him to go somewhere to help an almost unbeatable team, become unbeatable?

I heard the same thing. Seriously, how can a 27 year old 4x All Star who averaged 25pts, 12reb, and 5ast not get any offers from other teams around the league? I understand that he is injured and I get that a lot of people don't want to deal with his attitude; but no offers. Why didn't the Lakers try to get him? That would have been perfect for LeBron. He's a much better, more physical version of Kevin Love. Washington? They're just a good big away from being in the title picture. Toronto? Just a piece away. I don't get it. Instead, he goes to GS and turns them into the Avengers? I don't blame GS. If I was the GM I would've signed him to. The GMs that passed on him, however, should be fired.

Seriously, that team better win the Finals, Superbowl, World Series, World Cup, Stanley Cup, Daytona 500, Olympics, and the WWE Championship. I mean come on.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-03-2018, 12:01 PM
I think Cousins is trying to save face. There's no way he didn't have any offers.

Fire Marshall Bill
07-03-2018, 07:45 PM
LeBron James did not go to a championship team. He actually went to a team that missed the playoffs and brought Bosh with him.

What is happening now is completely different. You have some of the best players in the league joining the best team in the league (KD to the Warriors after the 73 win season, Cousins after the NBA championship). What James did and what is happening now is completely different. What is happening now is more like Payton and Malone joining the Lakers in the early 90s, except KD and Cousins are still in their prime.

I wouldn't say they are guilty of anything. I'm not a fan, but the Warriors aren't doing anything against the rules or ethically wrong. The Warriors job is to win championships. That's it. Blame KD and Cousins, if you want, but you cannot blame the Warriors.

This is 100% true. It was ridiculous to begin with but even more ridiculous now. The only difference is David Stern isn't the commish and the NBA isn't running the Warriors.

The Warriors only won the first title because Irving and Love were both hurt. They would not have won otherwise, I'm fairly convinced of that.

You say it’s completely different. I say they’re just doing it better. Both groups of players created superteams. The Warriors (and by them, I really mean the players) are doing it with much more efficiency. They’re also extremely lucky that they drafted well, Curry had early career injuries and the cap skyrocketed recently. Kerr’s system is also key.

Also, something that’s all too overlooked is that the players are becoming the powerful people in the NBA now.

I think Cousins is trying to save face. There's no way he didn't have any offers.

He’s a cancerous player and is coming off a major injury. It’s not that far fetched. Even teams vying for Leonard know they’re taking a risk with his health.

Big Nick Dudley
07-03-2018, 09:56 PM
Yeah, when I think about the health of Cousins, this is a bit less irritating. It's an injury many never really recover from. Combine that with him generally being a piece of shit, and I can see why he didn't receive a ton of offers.

I still see this being an odd move. If healthy, he's still an asshole and I can't see him willingly taking a backseat. If unhealthy, he doesn't mean much. The whole thing is strange.

Fire Marshall Bill
07-03-2018, 10:38 PM
Yeah, when I think about the health of Cousins, this is a bit less irritating. It's an injury many never really recover from. Combine that with him generally being a piece of shit, and I can see why he didn't receive a ton of offers.

I still see this being an odd move. If healthy, he's still an asshole and I can't see him willingly taking a backseat. If unhealthy, he doesn't mean much. The whole thing is strange.

It can be easily win-win. Either way GS has all the leverage. He has to prove to people that heâ??s still a max player. GS has proven they can win without him. He either falls in line, or gets benched. Theyâ??re out small potatoes (for the NBA), but heâ??d be out life changing money. He plays ball, literally and figuratively, and it only helps both parties.

Come on Nick, how often do players magically get to be amazing in contract years? If heâ??s so immature he canâ??t fall in line, he deserves the losses heâ??ll take.

Slyfox696
07-03-2018, 10:43 PM
You say itâ??s completely different.Because it is. :cool:

I say theyâ??re just doing it better. I say they just got REALLY lucky the one-time salary cap explosion allowed them to take on Durant.

Both groups of players created superteams.LeBron brought Bosh with him to create a superteam in a city who didn't make the playoffs the year before. The Warriors added Durant after winning 73 games and going to the NBA Finals.

It is not the same at all.

Again, I'm not blaming the Warriors and I don't even blame KD and Cousins. I've always said with the absurd way the media regards "legacy" anymore (in other words, championships only), I don't blame players at all for chasing rings. All I'm saying is what LeBron did in Miami and what the Warriors are doing now is much different.

Also, something thatâ??s all too overlooked is that the players are becoming the powerful people in the NBA now.Now THAT is something you can credit/blame LeBron for. LeBron has taken a VERY active role in wresting power from front office to the players, even in a way Jordan famously never could.

Fire Marshall Bill
07-03-2018, 11:00 PM
Now THAT is something you can credit/blame LeBron for. LeBron has taken a VERY active role in wresting power from front office to the players, even in a way Jordan famously never could.

I almost stated that in my previous post, but I wanted you to feel like you got me. I know how you need to validation ;)
He really has turned into the master of it. Though I feel the media definitely has something to do with it. I’m glad he was smart enough not to repeat the mistakes he made the first time he changed teams. Last time he joined Cleveland, which would never be seen as a bad thing. This time, while everyone knew he was leaving, 1) he got them a championship, 2) the media was 100% the reason his free agency was as big as it was.

Fire Marshall Bill
07-03-2018, 11:10 PM
Though, on that note, I know power will soon get back to the owners, because the current veterans can take solace in knowing “taking less money” to play for winners isn’t really taking less since the cap has risen so much. When the new crop gets used to that money, the leverage flips back. Then those currently new players will literally have to sacrifice money. Though, when you’re speaking in these dollar amounts, I’m sure there will be “Tom Bradys” out there. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

A11
07-04-2018, 10:21 PM
Just get rid of max deals. Its such a simple fix ffs

BestSportsEntertainer
07-19-2018, 05:28 PM
The Thunder traded Melo. Saves them $62M.

SSJPhenom
07-19-2018, 07:07 PM
Can't believe nobody has posted this yet but the Spurs have trade Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeRozan and protected picks.

IMO, Toronto got better as they basically upgraded from DeRozan to a better 2 way player. I think this also ensures that the Spurs will remain competitive post Leonard because DeRozan is no bum and I think he'll get better under Pop as he has 3 years left on his contact. IMO, if Leonard doesn't try to fit in this season and give it a shot to at least compete for a title, even though he's about 99% sure to leave after the season, then Toronto will trade him to LA before the deadline to at least get some sort of compensation for losing DeRozan.

The players involved might not be happy, but I think it's a good trade on both sides. DeRozan proved this past playoffs that he is a very very good player, but he's not THAT guy. He was just awful in that series against LeBron. So Toronto lost faith in him and I can understand why. We'll see what happens this coming year, but the Eastern conference is getting better and better. We've got Boston, Philly, and Toronto that will top the East easily, but we've got up and coming teams in Indiana, Washington, and the Bucks. Don't think we can call the East the Least anymore.

As far as Melo goes, the Hawks will waive him and he will sign a mid level deal with Houston and I think ppl are sleeping on how good that will make Houston. Melo can still play and why did Houston lose in game 7 to GS besides not having CP3? Because they couldn't hit shots. Well, Melo will definitely help alleviate that issue for Houston and, as the Olympics have shown, Melo plays very very well when playing with other stars. I think it'll help put Houston closer to winning.

Milkyway!
07-19-2018, 10:25 PM
Can't believe nobody has posted this yet but the Spurs have trade Leonard and Danny Green to Toronto for DeRozan and protected picks.

IMO, Toronto got better as they basically upgraded from DeRozan to a better 2 way player. I think this also ensures that the Spurs will remain competitive post Leonard because DeRozan is no bum and I think he'll get better under Pop as he has 3 years left on his contact. IMO, if Leonard doesn't try to fit in this season and give it a shot to at least compete for a title, even though he's about 99% sure to leave after the season, then Toronto will trade him to LA before the deadline to at least get some sort of compensation for losing DeRozan.

The players involved might not be happy, but I think it's a good trade on both sides. DeRozan proved this past playoffs that he is a very very good player, but he's not THAT guy. He was just awful in that series against LeBron. So Toronto lost faith in him and I can understand why. We'll see what happens this coming year, but the Eastern conference is getting better and better. We've got Boston, Philly, and Toronto that will top the East easily, but we've got up and coming teams in Indiana, Washington, and the Bucks. Don't think we can call the East the Least anymore.

As far as Melo goes, the Hawks will waive him and he will sign a mid level deal with Houston and I think ppl are sleeping on how good that will make Houston. Melo can still play and why did Houston lose in game 7 to GS besides not having CP3? Because they couldn't hit shots. Well, Melo will definitely help alleviate that issue for Houston and, as the Olympics have shown, Melo plays very very well when playing with other stars. I think it'll help put Houston closer to winning.

I don't know that I'd consider the Wizards up and coming. John Wall has been one of, if not the best true point guards in the league for a while. Beal is a nasty man, but struggles to stay healthy. Dwight Howard just takes minutes away from a blossoming big man in Thomas Bryant, so I'm not entirely sure he's the best fit for that team. I don't see Leonard buying in at Toronto, and I'm just not sure Kyle Lowry will be happy about losing DeRozan to a guy he feels isn't giving it his all thus creating a toxic locker room. The Celtics are the only intriguing team in the entire East if you ask me, but there's only one ball and they have 4 ball dominant players; however, if there's any coach that can figure it out it's Brad Stevens.

As far as Houston getting Melo he's a bum these days tbh. He's shooting 40% from the field, and I think Houston would be better off rolling with a three-and D player or just a real nasty defending presence. Anthony is neither of those things at this point in his career. I think Golden State has this in the bag, but I also think the Lakers sign Klay Thompson and Leonard next year making them by far the best team in the West.

Yaz
07-19-2018, 10:37 PM
Toronto will start slow due to chemistry issues on court and Kawhi will pitch a fit and it will impact the whole team. He may be the better player between he and DeRozen, but DeRozen meant more to Toronto than most guys mean to their teams in the modern NBA.

As far as Melo to Houston, it is a downgrade. Melo can't play defense at an acceptable level these days and his scoring isn't up to the level of a guy who will likely be starting. If he would accept a role as a scoring option off the bench, then he would have some value, but the guys Houston lost in free agency, especially Capela, were better than what Melo and his team killing attitude will give them.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-19-2018, 11:42 PM
I just want to say, regardless of Carmelo's faults, he is the one person in history to win 3 Olympic Gold Medals. I believe he's past his prime, but he can and should get another shot with a contending team.

Yaz
07-20-2018, 01:07 AM
Olympic accomplishments don't mean anything when it comes to who deserves an NBA shot. Christian Laettner made the Dream Team over Shaq. Melo's issue is that outside of Denver, when we was THE guy and wasn't disgruntled 24/7, he has never made a team better. Houston's current coach Mike D'Antoni was fired in New York because Melo didn't fit his offense and he later went on record as saying Melo was a pain to coach. After his attitude in OKC last year, I have zero reason to believe he has changed and will tank what slim chances Houston had to compete with GS.

Big Nick Dudley
07-20-2018, 08:16 AM
Melo is a joke. Most selfish, least caring player I have ever seen. So much talent wasted. Just bring him off the bench and yank him before he takes his 37 shots in 17 minutes.

jmt225
07-20-2018, 12:35 PM
Melo will get a lot of wide open threes in Houston. He's definitely good enough not to go 0-12 in a game 7 like Trevor Ariza did lol.

SSJPhenom
07-20-2018, 04:17 PM
Toronto will start slow due to chemistry issues on court and Kawhi will pitch a fit and it will impact the whole team. He may be the better player between he and DeRozen, but DeRozen meant more to Toronto than most guys mean to their teams in the modern NBA.

As far as Melo to Houston, it is a downgrade. Melo can't play defense at an acceptable level these days and his scoring isn't up to the level of a guy who will likely be starting. If he would accept a role as a scoring option off the bench, then he would have some value, but the guys Houston lost in free agency, especially Capela, were better than what Melo and his team killing attitude will give them.

While Capela hasn't resigned with Houston yet, everyone is pretty sure that he will. I'll even admit that if they lose Capela then they might as well kiss any championship dreams goodbye.

If Melo does sign with Houston then I think Harden and especially CP3 can handle him. He and CP3 are pretty close so I think he'll play ball and do whatever is asked of him. I agree with JMT, he definitely won't go 0-12 in a game 7.

Big Nick Dudley
07-21-2018, 06:50 AM
Maybe not. Then again, he may go 3-24. Which is worse? They have to make sure he understands his role, which will not include free range to take 20-25 shots. Good luck, Houston.

SSJPhenom
07-23-2018, 01:32 PM
If Melo can just accept that the ball is not going to be in his hands and that he's going to be primarily a catch and shoot player then I think he'll work out great for Houston. I think they'd still start him because they have nobody else to start. Hopefully he doesn't go the route of Iverson. Iverson basically had to retire at 34 because he wouldn't accept that he could no longer be the best player on a team any longer. He could've prolonged his career by 3-4 years being an explosive bench scorer ala Jamal Crawford. Hopefully Melo sees that that's the role he's going to have to play to continue being productive in the NBA.

I can understand why people doubt hell accept that role, but I think after CP3 and Harden tell him that they're the primary options and they need him to be open and ready then he'll play along. I hope he does anyways.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-23-2018, 07:52 PM
Rockets signed 'Melo to a one year 2.4 million deal. They aren't losing anything if he struggles for them.

Big Nick Dudley
07-24-2018, 06:55 AM
You would hope only getting $2.4 million would be enough to let you know you're the priority anymore.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-24-2018, 07:50 AM
No doubt. He should've signed with Dwight Howard so both an have mediocre success together. Fun fact; Howard will have played for 1/5th of the NBA teams once he steps on the court next season.

Big Nick Dudley
07-24-2018, 06:27 PM
And I would still rather have him than Melo. Crazy.

Slyfox696
07-24-2018, 07:09 PM
Melo at this point is a 3 and D player, who cannot play D. But at least he does have all that history of winning...

Milkyway!
07-24-2018, 09:08 PM
The Rockets chances to win the NBA Championship went down by a full 1.2% according to Vegas. LOL

Big Nick Dudley
07-25-2018, 06:53 AM
Melo would be a good spark off any bench. I doubt he will accept that. He still thinks of himself on Lebron and Durant's level.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-25-2018, 07:18 AM
Man, I'd sit on the bench and earn 2.4 million a year in a heart beat.

BestSportsEntertainer
07-26-2018, 03:27 PM
Carmelo Anthony - “For me, out of all the work I put in the NBA - wins, losses, points scored, whatever - to be judged off of six months of a year overshadowed 15 years of what you’ve accomplished. That’s the hurtful part."

Melo is in full denial. He legitimately still think he's a star player. I'm starting to think the Rockets will regret signing him.

#AbsoluteUnit
07-26-2018, 05:20 PM
Carmelo Anthony - “For me, out of all the work I put in the NBA - wins, losses, points scored, whatever - to be judged off of six months of a year overshadowed 15 years of what you’ve accomplished. That’s the hurtful part."

Melo is in full denial. He legitimately still think he's a star player. I'm starting to think the Rockets will regret signing him.

Bolded the part I think is necessary...

BUT DO NOT WORRY! Houston has Harden and Paul and P.J. Tucker! Plus, coach Mike D'Antoni who never lead his team(s) to the NBA Finals, even when his teams had the best record in each conference.

SSJPhenom
10-18-2018, 01:44 PM
I was going to start a new thread to talk about this season of the NBA, but I figure this one will do nicely.

So the NBA season officially started a couple nights ago. Boston played the Sixers and, I know it's early but I do believe that Boston is easily the best team in the East and beyond that, they're the second best team in the NBA. I legit think that they have a pretty good shot to not only face the Warriors in the Finals but actually but a damn decent challenge and maybe even win. Boston is so deep it's pitiful. Their bench could be a legit starting 5 on a lot of other teams.

Houston got beat by New Orleans last night. I know it's just first game of the season but the Rockets looked horrible. No defense whatsoever. I hope that's not a sign of things to come.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm actually excited to see where the Suns go this season. They played the Mavs last night and they looked very very good. Devin Booker mixed with Deandre Ayton is going to be an exciting duo to watch. Atyon might still be very young but he's very talented and Booker has been on the cusp of being an All Star for a little while now. The only reason he hasn't been is because the Suns have sucked so bad.

Do I even need to talk about the Warriors. Barring injury they'll be just fine. Excited to see the Lakers play tonight, but I'll be happy if they just make the playoffs. Toronto looked good last night and Leonard is still probably the best 2 way player in the league. Derozan looked awesome with the Spurs. He's going to fit right in. That's all I've got to say about the NBA so far. This looks like it's shaping up to be an exciting season. Love basketball.

OYDK
10-18-2018, 02:39 PM
Well, I'm most pissed about the Rockets losing me 200 bucks. I thought they were my lock bet and they ended up getting blown out by the damn Pelicans at home. I'm not sure what to think of that... I'm obliged to put it down to "first-game jitters" or not taking the Pelicans as seriously as they should have (though I generally find those to be shitty arguments). Not to mention the Pelicans were shooting at just an insane percentage. I'm sure Houston will bounce back quickly enough. They still won't be anywhere near as good as they were last year though.

Boston looks, obviously, very good. Even with Gordon Hayward and Kyrie Irving playing dreadfully, they still managed to put the Sixers down with relative ease. I still think Philly was insanely overrated by just about everyone going into the season and won't match what they did last year but, we'll see. My Raps looked a little shaky at times, but I think once Leonard gets rid of the rust they're going to be a very tough team to beat. They're extremely deep and added two very good 2-way players in Leonard and Green which should greatly improve our defense. Offense is not going to be a problem whatsoever. I'm looking forward to the game against the Celtics to see just how close the Raptors are to competing with them.

Interested to watch the Lakers tonight. I think it'll be a close game and I wouldn't be shocked to see them go down to Portland.

JGlass
10-19-2018, 11:11 AM
Boston looks, obviously, very good. Even with Gordon Hayward and Kyrie Irving playing dreadfully, they still managed to put the Sixers down with relative ease. I still think Philly was insanely overrated by just about everyone going into the season and won't match what they did last year but, we'll see. My Raps looked a little shaky at times, but I think once Leonard gets rid of the rust they're going to be a very tough team to beat. They're extremely deep and added two very good 2-way players in Leonard and Green which should greatly improve our defense. Offense is not going to be a problem whatsoever. I'm looking forward to the game against the Celtics to see just how close the Raptors are to competing with them.

I didn't think Boston looked that great to be honest, Kyrie and Heyward were especially unimpressive. The Sixers were just even more booty.

I don't think the Sixers are that overrated. Embiid is definitely the most dominant big in the game, and I think he's good for at least 72 games this season, and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes the full 82. Simmons is already a star and will only get better, and Fultz clearly has the skills to be an effective guard, though he still has a long way to go I think. They have a great supporting cast with a mix of younger guys like Saric, Covington, and McConnell and vets like Chandler and Reddick. They're definitely a top 4 team in the East, but I don't think they're unseating the Raptors or Celtics from the top of the table.

I caught a little bit of the Suns/Mavs game on opening night. Both Ayton and Doncic, probably the two most hotly anticipated rookies this season, looked great from what I saw. It's also worth adding that Ariza was an absolute beast, it looks like he took a few sips of whatever James Harden has been drinking. I think the Suns could actually be a lower seed playoff team this year if Ayton plays at a consistently high level and their other pieces contribute. By next season I think they should for sure be playoff locks.

LeBron's Lakers debut was a little anti-climactic with the loss, but he definitely appeared to be committed to leading and playing hard for the team. I only caught the first quarter and some of the 2nd (Bron playing in the West is a double edged sword, we'll see him against the tougher teams but only if you can stay up late enough :(), but he looked great. Love him scoring his first 4 points as a Laker on two impressive slams.

OYDK
10-19-2018, 02:36 PM
I didn't think Boston looked that great to be honest, Kyrie and Heyward were especially unimpressive. The Sixers were just even more booty.

That's kind of what I meant. Boston may not have played that well offensively (I did think they were terrific defensively), but the fact that they were able to handle the Sixers with ease despite their struggles makes them look even more impressive. You know Kyrie and Hayward will be much better going forward and Tatum, Brown, and Rozier pretty much picked up right where they left off. When they're firing on all cylinders, they're going to be very tough for any team to beat.

I don't think the Sixers are that overrated. Embiid is definitely the most dominant big in the game, and I think he's good for at least 72 games this season, and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes the full 82. Simmons is already a star and will only get better, and Fultz clearly has the skills to be an effective guard, though he still has a long way to go I think. They have a great supporting cast with a mix of younger guys like Saric, Covington, and McConnell and vets like Chandler and Reddick. They're definitely a top 4 team in the East, but I don't think they're unseating the Raptors or Celtics from the top of the table.

Joel Embiid is one of the reasons I think the Sixers are so overrated. The guy is good, but people are acting like he's the next coming of Shaq or something. There's no way he's a better or more dominant big than Anthony Davis or Boogie Cousins, and I would take KAT over Embiid as well. His numbers were decent last year but nothing that we haven't seen from big men before. It helps that he plays in Philly. Chris Bosh was putting up similar numbers when he was on the Raptors and he was barely seen as a top 5 big in the league. If people think Embiid's the star that's going to carry the Sixers to a championship, I think they're going to be disappointed. Philly is still going to be a top 5 seed in the East, but, whereas a lot of people are thinking they'll distinguish themselves as being in the same category as the Raps/Celtics, I'm betting they'll be competing with Indiana and Milwaukee for the the 3, 4, and 5 spots. Unless of course, Ben Simmons manages to break out this year and become one of the top players in the league.

A11
10-21-2018, 03:29 AM
KAT going to be a little bitch this year if jimmy butler dont get shipped and nobody wants him either so KAT going to be a little bitch

JGlass
10-23-2018, 12:13 PM
Joel Embiid is one of the reasons I think the Sixers are so overrated. The guy is good, but people are acting like he's the next coming of Shaq or something. There's no way he's a better or more dominant big than Anthony Davis or Boogie Cousins, and I would take KAT over Embiid as well. His numbers were decent last year but nothing that we haven't seen from big men before. It helps that he plays in Philly. Chris Bosh was putting up similar numbers when he was on the Raptors and he was barely seen as a top 5 big in the league. If people think Embiid's the star that's going to carry the Sixers to a championship, I think they're going to be disappointed. Philly is still going to be a top 5 seed in the East, but, whereas a lot of people are thinking they'll distinguish themselves as being in the same category as the Raps/Celtics, I'm betting they'll be competing with Indiana and Milwaukee for the the 3, 4, and 5 spots. Unless of course, Ben Simmons manages to break out this year and become one of the top players in the league.

He's definitely not better than AD, but I might take him over Cousins or KAT. So far this year (and I know it's early, but still) he's averaging 11 more points a game, and one more rebound and assist. Embiid is also still developing his game, he's only played one full season, and he's playing for a team that's building its identity, and he's going to be a big part of that identity. I don't think he's going to reach Shaq's level, but he's for sure an All-Star, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him on some 1st teams All-NBA, I think his upside is just that high.

Big Nick Dudley
10-27-2018, 06:45 AM
Golden State is still clearly the best team, no surprise there. Houston will be there, if they limit Carmelo and don't allow him to screw everything up. The Lakers will only get better. Lebron and a ton of young talent is a good combination.

I thought the Celtics would be the clear #1 in the East, but Toronto looks really good. Also really happy with the Pistons. If they can stay healthy and everyone plays up to their potential, no reason they can't finish top 5 in the East.

SSJPhenom
10-31-2018, 02:56 PM
The Rockets are just straight booty right now. I know that they lost some key defensive players, but that's not the only reason they're losing right now. Hell, I haven't really seen any defense played during these first few games of the season except from teams like Boston, Toronto, Spurs, and such. I hope that Houston can get it together. There's a rumor going around that they're very close to getting Jimmy Butler for Eric Gordon and 4 future first round picks. If they do that that will make them better both offensively and defensively as Butler is one of the better 2 way players in the league. That would give Houston a starting lineup of CP3, Harden, Butler, Tucker, and Capela with Melo being the fire power off of the bench. They might not be so bad if that happens.

Like others, I thought Boston was going to rule the east but I didn't realize how much better Leonard would make Toronto. They're playing extremely well and as of right now, I think they're the best team in the east. I will say, though, that I don't think it's sustainable for them. Boston is still a lot deeper and the only reason that Boston isn't running away with the east right now is because their two best players a struggling right now as both of them are coming off of major injuries. As soon and Irving and Hayward get back in shape and rhythm; I think Boston is going to be hard for anyone to beat. Toronto will be right there though as will the Sixers if they actually start to play to their potential.

I know it's been said before but Golden State is just unfair. Curry scores 51 pts through three quarters and then a week later Thompson scores 52 through 3 quarters on 14-24 from 3. Also, during that scoring binge he held the ball for a total of 96 seconds and only dribbled the ball 9 times. It's safe to say that Curry is the greatest shooter the NBA has ever seen, however, Thompson is the greatest catch and shoot shooter that the NBA has ever seen and they're on the same team. When was the last time where the third best player on a team scored over 50 pts in a game? When was the last time a team had two former MVPs playing together who were both still in their primes? By the way people, Cousins still hasn't played yet, but he's practicing and could be ready by Xmas. As I said, Golden State is unfair. Why don't we just go ahead and give them the trophy and pick a name out of a hat for which one of their starters get's Finals MVP? This is ridiculous.

SSJPhenom
11-10-2018, 11:30 AM
The 76ers have aquired Jimmy Butler for Robert Covington and Saric. IMO, this trade instantly makes them better both offensively and defensively and puts them in contention with Toronto and Boston for the East. Also, don't sleep on Milwaukee. The Greek Freak is balling right now. I don't think it's sustainable for them though.

Big Nick Dudley
11-16-2018, 07:21 AM
The 76ers have aquired Jimmy Butler for Robert Covington and Saric. IMO, this trade instantly makes them better both offensively and defensively and puts them in contention with Toronto and Boston for the East. Also, don't sleep on Milwaukee. The Greek Freak is balling right now. I don't think it's sustainable for them though.

Butler is fantastic. If they don't hate his guts, they should be really good.

The Bucks are really good, too. They need another good player, but the Freak may be the second best player in basketball.

SSJPhenom
12-13-2018, 10:14 AM
The Raptors have completely surprised me thus far this year. They basically upgraded from DeRozan to Leonard and they've become a legit title contender. I'm still not sure, however, if we should put title expectations on them. I mean they've been great before. Last year they were a 60 win team and 1st in the east and got swept in the second round of the playoffs. I know that now they have Leonard and Green who both have championship experience, but Toronto has a history of being great in the regular season and being ridiculously horrible in the playoffs. Gives one cause to pause when talking about Toronto being in the Finals against the Warriors. We'll see what happens, but I for one think they may be different this year and finally turn the corner.

OYDK
12-14-2018, 06:44 PM
As I'm watching the Sixers game I need to say, I was wrong about Embiid. That dude is legit. If they can find their flow with Butler, the Sixers could be legit contenders for the East come playoff time. But considering there already seems to be some potential tension brewing between Embiid and Butler, we'll have to wait and see.

Yaz
12-14-2018, 08:07 PM
Embiid and Butler are good but Butler can't seem to get along with anyone and Embiid can't handle not being the center of attention. Plus Simmons can't score outside the paint and Fultz has old man shoulders. They will continue to be a good team but won't push the elite teams. I look for them to be a 3 or 4 seed come playoff time and lose to eitehr Toronto or Boston. I could see them losing to the Pacers too if Dipo isn't nagged with anymore injuries.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-14-2018, 08:34 PM
Fultz has been a disappointment.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-26-2018, 06:16 PM
Kuzma is impressive.

Big Nick Dudley
12-27-2018, 08:26 AM
It's amazing to me that an NBA franchise can't take a guy with all of that talent and teach him to shoot.

SSJPhenom
12-28-2018, 09:12 AM
They can, however, the guy has to be committed to getting better. The franchise can't force a player into the gym and tell them to work on their shooting. They once could, but in this new NBA the players hold all the power. Piss a player off and it's, "I want a trade. Don't trade me and I'll get surgery on this 'injured' thing and not play for the season".

Big Nick Dudley
12-29-2018, 09:08 AM
What I'm saying is NBA franchises no longer seem to feel they are responsible, at all, for developing talent. Put him in the developmental league. Do something. They knew who he was when they took him. If he isn't willing, drop your asking price and move him.

#AbsoluteUnit
12-29-2018, 04:31 PM
What I'm saying is NBA franchises no longer seem to feel they are responsible, at all, for developing talent. Put him in the developmental league. Do something. They knew who he was when they took him. If he isn't willing, drop your asking price and move him.

Who are we talking about in this situation?

Big Nick Dudley
01-02-2019, 07:15 AM
Fultz.

SSJPhenom
01-02-2019, 09:59 AM
And Ben Simmons!!!!

Slyfox696
01-03-2019, 01:21 PM
The state of the NBA today, especially with free agency, truly deters spending much time on development. Why develop someone who will leave in two years and play for your rival? At this point, players have to develop themselves, it's just the way things are.

Big Nick Dudley
01-04-2019, 07:34 AM
Right, but you draft these guys knowing what their weaknesses are. Coaching a top pick doesn't seem too ridiculous.

Slyfox696
01-04-2019, 08:23 AM
Oh, I completely agree. And there should be more done for player development. But...here we are.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-22-2019, 01:41 AM
Why does Embiid take 3's?

Yaz
01-23-2019, 03:45 PM
He is a league average 3 point shooter. He can take those. The real issue in Philly is Simmons. Honestly they need to trade him.

#AbsoluteUnit
01-25-2019, 07:22 AM
How about them Bucks though?

#AbsoluteUnit
02-23-2019, 08:06 PM
DeMarcus Cousins is shooting 3's. Totally makes sense.

SSJPhenom
02-26-2019, 10:52 AM
Don't think the Lakers are going to be making the playoffs. That's going to be fuel for the LeBron haters.

OYDK
02-26-2019, 04:46 PM
I'm not a Lebron hater, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit happy about the Lakers' struggles, if only because Laker fans were the most annoying, delusional fanbase this sports calendar year. And not just LA fans, the analysts were ridiculous in their expectations as well. I remember Stephen A, in typical Stephen A fashion, yelling about how "THE ONLY THING STOPPING A NEW CELTICS/LAKERS FINALS RIVALRY IS THE GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS! THAT'S IT, PERIOD!" I mean, I expected them to do better, and I did expect them to make the playoffs, but anybody who thought they were a good enough team to even come close to the WCF were kidding themselves.

Watching them, it's clear one of their biggest problems is 3-point shooting. To put it mildly, they have none. And if you can't shoot the three nowadays, you might as well reserve a golf course for the summer at the beginning of the year. This Lakers team is just not built to succeed in today's NBA.